What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

Guys ! I'm planning on buying a Nokia Lumia 520.

Please please share your thoughts on it.

QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY

dnt go for nokia windows phne mate.... too much fabrication.... too little application.... android phones at cheaper price ar doing betr jobs

UPBDvre.jpg

The Nexus 5 vs. the HTC One | Android Central 
htc-one-nexus-5-compare-chart-2.png

guyz which smart phone can i get in the range of 35,000-40,000 pkr. ???
it can be new or second hand...

Ordered an Oppo Find 5 for $350 :-)
Find 7 also on cards.

Been about a couple of months that i have been using HTC One, and it is pure love.

Real smooth touches, great interface, everything is perfect.

I haven't rooted mine till now, just too scared to brick it!

Aur abhi zaroorat bhi nhn, already it's pretty fast.

Guys I have a Note 2...bought in November 2012...have no idea about 'rooting' stuff..what does it do or what are pros n cons abt it...can anyone guide me about tht ?

Guys I have a Note 2...bought in November 2012...have no idea about 'rooting' stuff..what does it do or what are pros n cons abt it...can anyone guide me about tht ?

Well since you have no experience of it, I highly discourage you from doing it.

In a nutshell, what rooting does is enable you to have root access to an android's system, you get the developer options of your phone. You can do anything you want with it. You can overclock it, underclock, change the skin (ROM), install android 4.4 (what we did yesterday on Note 2) right now, and a whole lot of other stuff.

You get Super User (admin) access to the phone, something which Android (Linux Kernel based) prevents.

But the downside is if you do something wrong, the phone can get turned into junk (called brick). my cousin had a note 2 and he bricked it. What he did was that he didn't backup the efs (which is responsible for the radio systems). Hence the note 2 works, but no calliong ability or bluetooth etc.

Hope this clears up something.

check out the you tube videos about rooting. u will get an idea.

i bought a samsung note 3 and i love it ! :smitten:

my phone beats the #@$$ out of your phones @PWFI :P

its camera is amazing :tup:
i have a note 2 :mad:

Rooting just gives you permission to change root files that normally you would not be allowed to. benefits are things like being able to remove preinstalled apps that as of now you can not uninstall. you can change things like adding a wifi toggle on the notification screen, or you can make the change so that all the apps you have can be multi window accessible. you can use apps like titanium backup and backup all of your system. things like that o_O

Back
Top Bottom