What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
You should not believe in fairy tales at this age, it looks silly. :)
If anybody is being silly here it is you. Why can't you get into a discussion positively without getting into tantrums? Such things are not reported in media, but are known. The Bansam concept of the 15 Aug Coup leaders had cropped up in our media. If you have time/energy you can Google. Or you can ask those leaders who still alive. Some I believe are "hiding" in India. Again according to our media.

If anybody is being silly here it is you. Why can't you get into a discussion positively without getting into tantrums? Such things are not reported in media, but are known. The Bansam concept of the 15 Aug Coup leaders had cropped up in our media. If you have time/energy you can Google. Or you can ask those leaders who still alive. Some I believe are "hiding" in India. Again according to our media.

No, I am not denying that there could be lunatics who believe that Bangladesh can actually take India's territory, but that can't happen in reality, any such effort by anybody will be crushed with heavy boots. That's why I asked you to not believe in any such stories, it looks silly. :)

However, this is off-topic, we have a more potent topic at hand here.

No, I am not denying that there could be lunatics who believe that Bangladesh can actually take India's territory, but that can't happen in reality, any such effort by anybody will be crushed with heavy boots. That's why I asked you to not believe in any such stories, it looks silly. :)

However, this is off-topic, we have a more potent topic at hand here.

No, this is not off topic, although a diversion. We, Bengalee Muslims, feel that we need to retrieve our original sovereign entity that was lost on 23 June 1757 through conspiracy. How that will happen we can't say now. Will it be because of heavier boots from the north, or though an internal dismemberment only time will tell.But we dream of this.

No, this is not off topic, although a diversion. We, Bengalee Muslims, feel that we need to retrieve our original sovereign entity that was lost on 23 June 1757 through conspiracy. How that will happen we can't say now. Will it be because of heavier boots from the north, or though an internal dismemberment only time will tell.But we dream of this.

Okay, keep 'dreaming' about this. :lol:

You should not believe in fairy tales at this age, it looks silly.

Do you even know what the original fairy tales are like!? They are not like those kiddie Disney Princess movies at all! Most original fairy tales of the past were often full of macabre and gruesome twists and endings. And they were incredibly cannibalistic, paedophiliac and necrophiliac! I am a Disney fan but at least I have knowledge about fairy tales!

I especially find "Sleeping Beauty" the most disturbing! I mean the original Perrault's version. The Grimm Brother's version is okay... So is Disney's adaptation. They also made Disney movies from real life events like 'The Pocahontas" but Pocahontas never meets John Smith, actually she does but she was a child then, and she does indeed marry John Rolfe as shown in "Pocahontas 2". I love "Forzen" and it is based on Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tale "The Snow Queen" but I didn't get an opportunity to read it, yet. Maybe I will.

"Hans Christian Andersen’s original version of The Snow Queen is a pretty dark tale and it doesn't translate easily into a film. For us the breakthrough came when we tried to give really human qualities to the Snow Queen. When we decided to make the Snow Queen Elsa and our protagonist Anna sisters, that gave a way to relate to the characters in a way that conveyed what each was going through and that would relate for today's audiences. This film has a lot of complicated characters and complicated relationships in it. There are times when Elsa does villainous things but because you understand where it comes from, from this desire to defend herself, you can always relate to her. 'Inspired by' means exactly that. There is snow and there is ice and there is a Queen, but other than that, we depart from it quite a bit. We do try to bring scope and the scale that you would expect but do it in a way that we can understand the characters and relate to them."

— Producer Peter Del Vecho, on the difficulties adapting The Snow Queen

The Disturbing Origins of 10 Famous Fairy Tales – Flavorwire

The REAL Stories Behind These Disney Movies Will Ruin Your Childhood

No, this is not off topic, although a diversion. We, Bengalee Muslims, feel that we need to retrieve our original sovereign entity that was lost on 23 June 1757 through conspiracy.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say but no one understands! :unsure: They all so stupid and idiots! Humph! :mad:

Oh c'mon, the Arabic script is the most beautiful there is! Even Indians can't deny that :rolleyes:

Hey, I actually I like the Hebrew script as well for some reason, especially the one found in their Torah scrolls.

So what calligraphic style will it be? Naskh or Nastaliq?
Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script? To Islamise our Language and bring back our real roots of East Bengal? The way our forefathers used to write and maybe talk?

I have an idea that our first initiative should be to make a Petition. And perhaps, it is a small step to a big change! We want your opinions of all the people here, and then decide if we will make this Petition.

By the way, I myself cannot make this petition because I am scared to go for this all by myself and I don't know much about the History as some of you here knows... We need someone who is wise, intelligent and knowledgeable to make this Petition for us and can add it to the description of the Petition, which will be able to convince most people to sign.

I think Change.org and GoPetition are a good places to start.

Change.org - The world's platform for change

Petition Templates, Samples & Examples | GoPetition

@kalu_miah @MBI Munshi @aazidane @khair_ctg @Saiful Islam @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury @kobiraaz

I probably have noticed some you guys here being huge supporters of this movement. Should we first start with a Petition?

A camel will not survive in sunderban delta and a bengal tiger will not survive in Sahara. Every script is related to a culture of that region. Religion is not culture or tradition. Don't make yourself slaves again. You have your own identity.

People change their religion but cannot change their culture or tradition of living, because that is something nature gives to you. If you interfere you'll regret. Be wise not a fool.

Aren't most places in Saudi Arabia still called by the names used by pre-Islamic pagan civilizations there??
in that way, aren't most Muslim cultural elements pre-Islamic and so, they were pagan or some other non-Muslim type?

maybe your Hindu zamindars should have followed your example by keeping the pre-colonial or pre-zamindari Muslim names then

A camel will not survive in sunderban delta and a bengal tiger will not survive in Sahara. Every script is related to a culture of that region. Religion is not culture or tradition. Don't make yourself slaves again. You have your own identity.

People change their religion but cannot change their culture or tradition of living, because that is something nature gives to you. If you interfere you'll regret. Be wise not a fool.
it's none of your business even if Bangladeshis want to keep Tamil names or start eating Aztec food.

Muslims of South Asia have an organic culture different from either the Dharmic religious communities, or Arabia or Persia

Last edited:
in that way, aren't most Muslim cultural elements pre-Islamic and so, they were pagan or some other non-Muslim type?

maybe your Hindu zamindars should have followed your example by keeping the pre-colonial or pre-zamindari Muslim names then

it's none of your business even if Bangladeshis want to keep Tamil names or start eating Aztec food.

Muslims of South Asia have an organic culture different from either the Dharmic religious communities, or Arabia or Persia

Or maybe the pre-Zamidari muslims should have followed your oh so idolized Arabic example and kept the pre-Muslim pagan names!

And exactly most Muslim cultural elements ARE pre-Islamic and of pagan and non-muslim origin!If the Arabs and the prophet himself never prescribed any such change for his homeland why are you so eager to change pagan names in Bangistan....i mean Bangladesh??
Mayer cheye mashir dorod beshi!

Last edited:
Or maybe the pre-Zamidari muslims should have followed your oh so idolized Arabic example and kept the pre-Muslim pagan names!

And exactly most Muslim cultural elements ARE pre-Islamic and of pagan and non-muslim origin!If the Arabs and the prophet himself never prescribed any such change for his homeland why are you so eager to change pagan names in Bangistan....i mean Bangladesh??
Mayer cheye mashir dorod beshi!
ma and masih i.e. messiah?

so you are saying the Muslims who settled here or converted to form the Muslim civilization SHOULDN'T have used their own names (which technically were still pre-Islamic whether they came from Arabia or Central Asia)? like when Dutch settlers used New Amsterdam for now-New York when they went there? so only the Muslims should have always used the Hindu/Dharmic names, and forgone their culture right? but the Hindus had the right to change the Muslim-era names?

so do you think the Muslims had a right to establish entire empires and civilizations in the subcontinent that culminated in two sovereign (or supposed to be sovereign) nations that are Bangladesh and Pakistan, and a substantial minority population in India?

ma and masih i.e. messiah?

so you are saying the Muslims who settled here or converted to form the Muslim civilization SHOULDN'T have used their own names (which technically were still pre-Islamic whether they came from Arabia or Central Asia)? like when Dutch settlers used New Amsterdam for now-New York when they went there? so only the Muslims should have always used the Hindu/Dharmic names, and forgone their culture right? but the Hindus had the right to change the Muslim-era names?

so do you think the Muslims had a right to establish entire empires and civilizations in the subcontinent that culminated in two sovereign (or supposed to be sovereign) nations that are Bangladesh and Pakistan, and a substantial minority population in India?

Collective brainwashing have worked wonders on our educated class, so much so, that they don't even know about their own history and roots and thus parrot the line Hindu Zamindars gave them since 1757. This is what happens to a people when they loose sovereignty or self rule. Enemy's make sure that you loose your cultural continuity and work overtime to make sure that you never get it back.

Hindu rule of Bengal ended in 1204, now with British help Hindu's got upper hand since 1757 and with British help they gave us only a small part of our land in 1947. Now they are working to do a slow motion extermination of the Muslim population of this landmass, using water terrorism and destabilization. Lets see how long our moron nation remains asleep, oblivious to what is happening to them.

This history book should be mandatory for all Bangladeshi high school students, it also needs a Bangla translation:
The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204–1760

Yes, that's what I was trying to say but no one understands! :unsure: They all so stupid and idiots! Humph! :mad:
If you are talking about annexing NE and Assam from India then yeah you are stupid and idiot.You should actually think of saving lands of BD from India which we are annexing slowly instead of dreaming which is nearly impossible. :rofl:

If you are talking about annexing NE and Assam from India then yeah you are stupid and idiot.You should actually think of saving lands of BD from India which we are annexing slowly instead of dreaming which is nearly impossible.

Annexing!? Where did you get that? I am not into annexing and all those BS. Don't care about NE or Assam. And I don't think India is ever going to annex BD, it's not possible anymore!

Annexing!? Where did you get that? I am not into annexing and all those BS. Don't care about NE or Assam. And I don't think India is ever going to annex BD, it's not possible anymore!
So what you were talking about?? indimating people of that land to join BD?? then you will termed as moron in my dictionary :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom