What's new

Should India re-think "One China Policy" ? Taiwan vice-president to stop in Delhi

Either,both...playing on words are absolutely no sense.I just notice that Arunachal is integral part of both Chinas.

Lol we are ruling over what you claim is 'your' integral part ....

One who is itching should go and tell .

we don't care ..what others are deluding with .

First of all we do not see China as a super power, in our perspective China is a an economic power whose economy is going to cool down in the next decade as the population grow older.

Regarding working hard and all, that is what we are doing and we are continuing to do so. But we do respect Human rights unlike Chinese CCP which do not distinguish between hardwork and torture. Stop lecturing us in this regard, when your own govt. has implemented some brutal policies like prison camps for those who go against CCP.

Regarding the Ukraine part, India can and will go neck to neck with China in all fields in the near future and I leave your delusions to you.

sure we can command you, you are not 2 years old, right, you have seen some of the world right?

You don't want to take orders? Fine, then work harder as a nation, or else you will just be like the countless other protesting fools, you know their names? Neither do i cause they are dead and irrelevant. The world only remembers the strong.

As a smaller power, you will be taking it laying down, or you can challenge us, but that's never a good idea. The last nation to stand up to a great power, well Ukraine's kinda divided, so....

Last edited:
To think of it, Taiwan has significant economic opportunities for India.
Plus Taiwan remaining independent would mean, Chinese military resources will remain deployed for Taiwan, which otherwise may be deployed close to Indian border.
However, PRC takes Taiwan independence very seriously as it threaten the existence of CCP
So, India must consider improving ties with Taiwan, only when China does something as stupid as 8 dashed line near Indian waters.
Also, there is an overall dim prospect of peaceful reunification.

Secular regime is scared. . Indians are not. There is a great deal of difference in the two.

To clear things up:

Both the PRC and the Republic of China (ROC) believe in the "One China Policy".

The disagreement is whether the PRC or the ROC is the true representative of all "China".

All the major nations on Earth, as well as the United Nations and international law, consider the PRC to be the true representative of China. In international events and organizations, the ROC uses the name "Chinese Taipei".

The bottom line is you can only recognize one as the true representative of China, either the PRC or the ROC.

If India formally recognized the ROC that would mean the immediate cutting of all ties to the PRC.
And if India and the PRC no longer legally recognized each other, border clashes could easily lead to a repeat of the 1962 War.

Personally I do not believe India has the guts to do this, we will see though. I would be quite interested to be proved wrong. :cheers:

Either way, there will be some interesting times ahead.

Whatever Indian occupied China's territory and both of the two countries being enemies each other naturally.

Whatever Indian occupied China's territory and both of the two countries being enemies each other naturally.

It doesn't matter. The ball is in your court and it is upto you to decide. Today you claim Arunachal when the locals proudly call themselves Indian. Till yesterday you claimed my state Sikkim when we the residents don't want to be a part of your country ever. Tomorrow you will claim Uttarakhand and Himachal because they were a part of some imaginary dynasty that your CCP created.

What do we look like to you? Charitable institutions?

The recent tensions with US for Russia has given us an opportunity to forget the past and become friends for the dangers coming.

The initiative to start a genuine friendship is in your hands.

We cannot give our territory to appease you. Sorry.

It is your government's decision whether they want to play the US sidekick again under the table like the 80s or not.

this is the only good thing done by the Congress govmt while leaving the office..hope next govt will take the relationship forward....

AND, India should never support "One Child" and "One China" policy

India recognized One China based on some agreements ..... Now that those agreements are being violated the stance will be changed.

To clear things up:

Both the PRC and the Republic of China (ROC) believe in the "One China Policy".

The disagreement is whether the PRC or the ROC is the true representative of all "China".

All the major nations on Earth, as well as the United Nations and international law, consider the PRC to be the true representative of China. In international events and organizations, the ROC uses the name "Chinese Taipei".

The bottom line is you can only recognize one as the true representative of China, either the PRC or the ROC.

If India formally recognized the ROC that would mean the immediate cutting of all ties to the PRC.
And if India and the PRC no longer legally recognized each other, border clashes could easily lead to a repeat of the 1962 War.

Personally I do not believe India has the guts to do this, we will see though. I would be quite interested to be proved wrong. :cheers:

Either way, there will be some interesting times ahead.

The so called argument that both ROC and PRC stand by " One China Policy " is vestige of past principled stand by both sides .
It has no relevance to ROC aka Taiwan whatsoever
It is not a rocket science to understand that no way ROC will ever be able to reclaim it's right over PRC territory ...

For al practical purpose ROC will have to give up this policy because it's simply suicidal ...for PRC will use it towards its own end to reunify Taiwan with mainland .

Question is whether India should continue to endorse the PRC's right over Taiwan ...just to keep PRC in good humor. Overlooking potential Taiwan -India relations can have especially when China continues to dig up new issues .

Everyone must understand that China has raked up Arunachal Pradesh issue after long period of 6 decades ....

India can't and shouldn't tolerate this ....for tomorrow when China grows stronger it will come up with newer issues and demands .

India has had enough with this self incriminating " One China Policy " when China has no intention to accord same to India .

It's posture in Azad Kashmir as well as Arunachal Pradesh and other border areas is far from re-assuring for India to continue to support this policy just keep China on good terms ...

India recognized One China based on some agreements ..... Now that those agreements are being violated the stance will be changed.

we have habit of giving away a lot without getting anything in return .

We did it with China when it was at its weakest ...we did it with Pakistan at the time of signing Shimla pact ...

( We released 90,000 POW and many of our soldiers are still languishing in Pakistan jails since 1974 ....)

we have to stop this ... !

we have habit of giving away a lot without getting anything in return .

We did it with China when it was at its weakest ...we did it with Pakistan at the time of signing Shimla pact ...

( We released 90,000 POW and many of our soldiers are still languishing in Pakistan jails since 1974 ....)

we have to stop this ... !

I agree with you regarding the Indian POWs languishing in Pakistani Jails, We should have used that opportunity to free them. I have little info. regarding the agreements between India and Pakistan after 1971, regarding POWs.

Atleast India should have asked for the Azad Kashmir, this would have solved our Central Asian Dilemma which we are facing now.

In the Past India is a poor country who cannot afford war for a long time. A country projects its power based on its Military might backed by Economy. Back in 1960's and 1970's India is not a strong country.

China not only supported Pakistan's nuclear program But time and again armed Pakistan to teeth.

Today the threat is very clear Chinese are in Azad Kashmir and are building their capabilities, what is more alarming is that Pakistani Establishment is completely collapsed and they will accept any conditions of China which is seen as a savior.

What ever defense equipment we are seeing in Chinese Arsenal will end up in the hands of Pakistanis once if there is any friction or war like scenario.

I think this is the right time for us to establish strategic, military and economic relations with Japan and Taiwan.

Japanese are waiting for the invitation of Indian Navy to do Malabar exercises and the stop gap visit of Taiwanese VP is a signal that Taiwan is ready for deeper co operation with India.

I agree with you regarding the Indian POWs languishing in Pakistani Jails, We should have used that opportunity to free them. I have little info. regarding the agreements between India and Pakistan after 1971 regarding POWs.

Atleast India should have asked for the Azad Kashmir, this would have solved our Central Asian Dilemma which we are facing now.

In the Past India is a poor country who cannot afford war for a long time. A country projects its power based on its Military might backed by Economy. Back in 1960's and 1970's India is not a strong country.

China not only supported Pakistan's nuclear program But time and again armed Pakistan to teeth.

Today the threat is very clear Chinese are in Azad Kashmir and are building their capabilities, what is more alarming is that Pakistani Establishment is completely collapsed and they will accept any conditions of China which is seen as a savior.

What ever defense equipment we are seeing in Chinese Arsenal will end up in the hands of Pakistanis once if there is any friction or war like scenario.

I think this is the right time for us to establish strategic, military and economic relations with Japan and Taiwan.

Japanese are waiting for the invitation of Indian Navy to do Malabar exercises and the stop gap visit of Taiwanese VP is a signal that Taiwan is ready for deeper co operation with India.

In time to come China is only going to get stronger ...it's going to be headache for its neighbors like Japan, Taiwan , India and so on

China's strategy is to deal with its enemies one at a time ...while it keeps others engaged and confused .

the recent peace overtures by China towards India are only to blindfold it .

India therefore must forge closer relations with likeminded countries ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom