What's new

Shoot down US drones, say Pakistani groups

I know, that's why China is so strong and able to crush anyone, adaptability
But you will get one more enemy who is Stronger than you and who knows almost everything about you.
I said it again it's fine that you arent USAs friend but it's not fine that you are USAs enemies. They become too much dirty.
Plus I don't think China will ever interrupt openly for Pakistan. I didn't mean to troll. It's based on Histroy , economics and politics. China will look for its own benefit. So it will be only Pak with indirect help from China.

FOR SOLOMON2:
PressTV - Killing Pakistanis by US drone attacks violates human rights: Pillay

The source may be press TV but what a UN spokesmen has said is:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay made the remarks on Thursday at the end of a four-day visit to Pakistan, where more than 150 people have died in twenty US drone attacks since the beginning of the year.

“Drone attacks do raise serious questions about compliance with international law,” she added.

The commissioner noted that in her opinion “the indiscriminate killings and injuries of civilians in any circumstances” was in violation of international norms of human rights.

Pillay also called for a UN investigation into civilian casualties, which she said were difficult to track.

“I suggested to the government that they invite the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Summary or Arbitrary Executions and he will be able to investigate some of the incidents,” she said.

Washington claims its drone strikes target militants, though casualty figures clearly indicate that Pakistani civilians are the main victims of the non-UN-sanctioned attacks.

On Tuesday, Pakistan's Foreign Ministry summoned the US Charge d'affaires Richard Hoagland over Washington’s continued drone attacks saying they violate Pakistan sovereignty.

However, the US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says Washington would continue its drone attacks in the country despite complaints from Islamabad.

Oh and I think, based on this, we would be justified to nuke Israel and the evil Hindu Baniya

orrrr.....ORRRR the civilians could get their act together and actually stop being slaves!

a ''unified front''

@truthseer: I checked the ohchr web site. Pillay never issued an official statement characterizing drone strikes as a human rights violation. You might want to check out this story from abc which shows she corrected her interviewer, saying that the "violations" she was speaking of were "extrajudicial killings, unacknowledged detention and then forced disappearance" - deeds committed by the authorities in Pakistan: link

"extrajudicial killings, unacknowledged detention and then forced disappearance" -

... deeds committed by the US for the last decade:

Extrajudicial killings: Drone strikes and covert military raids into Pakistan

Unacknowledged detention: Extraordinary renditions and the detention of suspects without trial

Forced disappearance: Again, extraordinary renditions

The US clearly meets Pillay's definition of 'committing human rights violations'.

... deeds committed by the US for the last decade:

Extrajudicial killings: Drone strikes and covert military raids into Pakistan

Unacknowledged detention: Extraordinary renditions and the detention of suspects without trial

Forced disappearance: Again, extraordinary renditions

The US clearly meets Pillay's definition of 'committing human rights violations'.
Doubtful. Pillay made it clear the context was the actions of Pakistani authorities.

Doubtful. Pillay made it clear the context was the actions of Pakistani authorities.
Not doubtful at all, the lead-up to that comment makes clear that alleged US COIN operations, especially drone strikes, were the primary basis for those comments:

NAVI PILLAY: Drone attacks do raise serious questions about compliance with international law, in particular the principle of distinction and proportionality.

ASHLEY HALL: Navi Pillay is the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.

She's been on a fact finding mission in Pakistan, where the drone strikes are seen as a violation of the country's sovereignty, and many people believe they mostly kill civilians.

NAVI PILLAY: I'm concerned by allegations of very grave violations in the context of counter-terrorist and counter-insurgency operations. These include extrajudicial killings, unacknowledged detention and then forced disappearance.

While I would agree with you that her comments also cover alleged abuses by Pakistani security forces, the lead-up to those comments makes clear that she considers some/all of those violations to be applicable in the case of US drone strikes and COIN operations.

the lead-up to those comments makes clear that she considers some/all of those violations to be applicable in the case of US drone strikes and COIN operations.
"Clear"? I don't see that at all. Try reading it a third time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom