What's new

Shocker: UP university expels 130 Kashmiri students for 'pro-Pakistan celebrations'

Sitting and clawing on a Pakistani forum what else do you expect??

Its not about expectations. . its about people changing stance as per their convenience

Hmmm 4 years in college and 2 years in valley...never had a bad experience.
trust me.
You do know how Maharashtra colleges are filled with kashmiris.

i know, every university got some reserved seats for Kashmiris .

but. . experience is a subjective thing. . for you cricket is just a game but for many . . its a religion. . correct me if i'm wrong :)

why cant we have it in valley ???
well thats a political question.
Kashmir is a chess board for the politicians sitting in Delhi and Islamabad...and they wont kill their entertainment.Lol

And who is giving them a chance to exploit the situation ?

Aam aadmi ko kya mangta hai ?

good governance ? good education ? some basic facilities ?

sab to mil raha hai . . fir bhi if someone is not happy . . then showing them their worth is a must .

:agree:

sad state of affairs... @levina

Their action invited appropriate reaction. These Kahsmiris clearly tried to play with the sentiments of the local students. A person who is not loyal to the state doesn't deserve to enjoy any constitutional rights. What were they thinking? Were they thinking that they were shouting at Kashmiri Pundits? They must feel lucky that they managed to return back to their homes without getting harmed.

Their action invited appropriate reaction. These Kahsmiris clearly tried to play with the sentiments of the local students. A person who is not loyal to the state doesn't deserve to enjoy any constitutional rights. What were they thinking? Were they thinking that they were shouting at Kashmiri Pundits? They must feel lucky that they managed to return back to their homes without getting harmed.

like I said sad state of affairs...

Kashmir is a chess board for the politicians sitting in Delhi and Islamabad...and they wont kill their entertainment.Lol.
So tragically true. :cry:
IMO this issue has so far been handled in a reasonably mature manner.
Some students created a ruckus, other students threatened them. Seniors came in and locked each group away. University officials sent the boys back home for a few days. That they gave Rs300 each is a bad joke though :hitwall:) 10 years from now, I am sure both groups would laugh at each other :D

Strict action is often a good precedent. Though it may appear outrageous according to Western standards, we all know India and Pakistan stuff is no ball game. In the valley, anti Indian(rare) or more specifically anti Hindu(very common) slogans are common. They should know that there is a huge difference between the atmosphere of Lal Chowk and an university in Meerut.

As for the status - Kashmir hain, thaa aur rahega Hindustan. :agree:

Last edited:
I agree Suspension was what was needed. Treason case is too much.

And the best part about this is that it has been put by a "secular" govt. led by Mulla Mulayam's son Akhilesh

rather than suspension and alienating further, it was better even to counsel them, so they integrate into the "Indian mainsteam society".

but hey we the people of sub-continent are bunch of emotional morons..

Is the treason case real? Because that is just ridiculous. These are kids - disciplining them is our duty(we are paying for their education) but this is condemning them. 'Secular's at work :coffee: Perhaps Mulayam wants to woo some Hindu votes as well. Hope it does not work. :disagree:

Is the treason case real? Because that is just ridiculous. These are kids - disciplining them is our duty(we are paying for their education) but this is condemning them. 'Secular's at work :coffee: Perhaps Mulayam wants to woo some Hindu votes as well. Hope it does not work. :disagree:

Indian Army had to shoot dead AK-wielding "kids" as old as 11 years in Kashmir valley at the peak of the terror activities. Disciplining them is their parents' duty. They got what they deserved. This is act as an example for the Kahsmiris who have made it a habit of playing with the local sentiments. I know a few.

Indian Army had to shoot dead AK-wielding "kids" as old as 11 years in Kashmir valley at the peak of the terror activities. Disciplining them is their parents' duty. They got what they deserved. This is act as an example for the Kahsmiris who have made it a habit of playing with the local sentiments. I know a few.
It will be an endless cycle of violence. Kashmiris are docile people. Look how the 'intifada' died without the 'tourists' from the West. The students need to be educated. What has been done is apt. But Treason case is not required. A simple waving of the Scholarship receipt in their faces would shame them greater than this incident. Kashmiris respond better to emotions. The IA has done a lot of good work in the Valley off late. These are not like ungrateful Hyderabadi Muslims. :)

The treason case will not work. Counseling is what is needed. Not a case of sedition :hitwall:
Imagine the amount of free publicity the dying Islamists of Kashmir will get :cry: And WE have to suffer. :suicide:

Last edited:
It will be an endless cycle of violence. Kashmiris are docile people. Look how the 'intifada' died without the 'tourists' from the West. The students need to be educated. What has been done is apt. But Treason case is not required. A simple waving of the Scholarship receipt in their faces would shame them greater than this incident. Kashmiris respond better to emotions. The IA has done a lot of good work in the Valley off late. These are not like ungrateful Hyderabadi Muslims. :)

Sometimes making an example is the best way of sending a clear message. Punishing these 67 trouble-makers will make sure that thousands of others who are studying and working in cities will not try something extremely provocative which might turn into bigger problems in future.

My guess is that the Kashmiris have become habituated to getting Scot free despite showing such malignant behaviour. Few Indians know about the kind of abuses and rants coming out of these Kashmiris' filthy mouths which our security personnel to tolerate on daily basis. I experienced/witnessed it within few hours of my first Srinagar trip.

Last edited:
sad state of affairs... @levina
Well they were provoking others....
I gleaned more on this issue and found out that the OP on this thread gave only half the info.

Some Kashmiri students clapped every time an Indian player's wicket fell, and later celebrated the Pakistan win.
The orginal post just mentions "claps".
Then the students refused to apologize...
This is what a parent had to say
"There was a heated argument between some students but most students are innocent, so we think college did a good thing by sending them to valley in order to avoid any clashes," said a parent.

and then this.....

Officials said it was necessary to remove the students "as a precaution" as the situation was volatile. They said they feared the violence would spread to other parts of Meerut town, which is known to be communally sensitive.

I had supported the students assuming they had just clapped and cheered for few Pakistani players they like (which even i do).But I guess this was more than that....the original post is a travesty of the incident that took place .
The numbers quoted itself are exaggerated.
67 became 130 :D
Students packed off for celebrating Pakistan's victory over India in Uttar Pradesh | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

Last edited:
Received this on my TL From a Kashmiri Pundit:

This card of "further alienated" has been used so much that we must now be wary of this alienation business

Back
Top Bottom