What's new

Shining India: Dalit not allowed to Cycle in the "upper caste" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is showing that it only doesnt happen in India.

And the OP is Pakistani and should think twice before posting such stuff, when it clearly happens to his nation.

In fact Yati, I believe that BBC article, deserves its own thread.

I agree it does and Pakistan is the last country on earth to point fingers when they would not let dalits even live in muslim camps during the flood

So in ur country, a hindu is inferiror to a muslim?????

They use "Baniya" to Hindus as abusive words. But they don't know 4 richest Baniyas are worth more than Pakistan GDP, 2 Mittal and 2 Ambani

so called dalits are most powerful group these days all govt jobs and best political jobs too example mayavati

Mayawati is what is wrong with India she uses being dalit as a reason to loot

sir but isnt it a trend these days that every body wants a SC/ST certificate for prefrence in jobs and college addmissions

The Independent
By Justin Huggler in Delhi
22 January 2005

International aid agencies in India have been horrified to find, even amid the suffering caused by the tsunami, some survivors being refused access to basic relief because they are considered "Untouchables".

Accounts have emerged of members of the former Untouchable castes not being allowed to drink clean water from a tank provided by Unicef because other castes believed it would pollute the water in the tank. Dalits, as the former Untouchables are known today, have been thrown out of government relief camps by the other survivors staying there.

Even as people around the world have sent aid donations to tsunami survivors, members of higher castes have prevented the Dalits from using basic relief supplies, and the Indian government has been accused of not doing enough to prevent this injustice.

Dalit children were not even allowed to use the basic open latrines at relief camps, according to Janyala Srinivas, a reporter for The Indian Express. Dalits at one camp who asked for some of the food supplies intended for everyone that the fishermen were hoarding were thrown out and had to spend the rest of the night in the road.
'Untouchable' caste find themselves deprived of tsunami aid - Democratic Underground

any body remember mandal commission agitation i took part in it now look at reservations in education & jobs my nephew couldnt get into a decent college even he got 88% marks agrigade

64 years is too short a time to bring about reform in a 'tradition' which date back thousands of years. Even after 150 years after slavery was abolished in US, there are still cases of racism poping up every now and then and US is 250+ year old democracy.

sir but isnt it a trend these days that every body wants a SC/ST certificate for prefrence in jobs and college addmissions

one of my friend paid 1 lakh rupees to get OBC certification...
do pakistani friends here know fee structure in indian colleges?
in my college open caste had to pay 40000-10000 Rs per year...OBC had to pay 20000-40000 per year...and NT people had to pay 700-1500 per year...

France and UK has similar systems like upper class, peasants, nobles etc and they point fingers at India these things take time to be removed from society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom