What's new

Shanghai and Mumbai railway stations compared

Chennai Central

ts

ChennaiRailwayBuilding.jpg

British architecture !!!!

What if it is british architecture?? Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal, a symbol of persian architecture. There are chinese fishing nets still in use at kochi..
Hell, even our part-ancestors the aryans came from the north..
India is a melting pot of various cultures. You may find British, Chinese, Persian, Gothic styles. But if it is in India, it is still INDIAN.

The whites, chinese, me and you.. all came from africa. Does this mean we are all Africans??

Early human migrations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think before you speak brother

This is reality you beleive or not................In India...there are more Poors than Arfrica........So what's the point.
You must accept the reality

there is a difference in being a poorest country and having more poor then africa,people who attend school can clearly see the difference.

Swiss_Zurich_RailwayStation.jpg

Zurich Railway Station

Mumbai_Train_Station.jpg

Mumbai Railway Station

shanghai_railway_station_01.jpg

Shanghai Railway Station

Guess which one's the ugliest?

Yuck...Shanghai railway station building looks like a Soviet Union communist facade. It is ugly and boring as hell. Hope India will NEVER build buildings like this. It is one thing to emulate China in economy and job creation, but please do NOT build soulless plastic, steel and glass structures that are so incongruent and unappealing. To the Chinese, please STOP building glass and steel monstrosities that look like they house a row of tin cans and robots. I guess China is copying the Japanese/Korean way of efficiency and glass/steel buildings. Just looking at the Chinese buildings makes me question if the architect was ever told that there has to be some blending in with local architecture and historical civilization of China. Glass and steel are cheap and efficient and can be built quickly, but China, look at what you have lost by not opting for a more humane, soulful architecture. Your nation is fast losing its soul and Chinese heritage. It will turn into another robotic society watching Internet **** just like what has become of Japan and Korea. Do you want to become that? It is your choice.

One cannot compare the heritage site of VT with any other modern railway station.

Most foreigners who come to India can read English.

English after all is the international link language.

It is correct that VT was build during the British era. One should be proud of one's history as I am sure China is proud of the history bequeathed by the Khans and the Manchus even though they were not Hans.

Japan influence in China is felt through the Manga and anime.

Chinese architecture is also fabulous. Look at this:

hoch_trip-to-china_my010.jpg

Maybe they have a railway station with this type of design too!

Back
Top Bottom