What's new

Setback for Kerala, panel says Mullaperiyar safe

Looking in to the larger picture may make things easy for Kerala to understand, most of the products cultivated from the use of the water those products goes to kerala, it benefits both of us.

You take water from Periyar via 110+ year old dam after paying us a pittance of 10 lakh rupees annually, take it to TN ,generate power and irrigate land, produce crops and then sell us back to us.All this time we have to live in the shadow of 19th century obsolete dam.I don't see any benefit to Kerala.

If the dam is safe to use and you do not need the water from that what is the point in all the fuss that is being created. Yes no doubt we are a water starved state and if you start creating problems like this how are we to survive?
Thats just baseless propaganda. Kerala also have our water problems and if not for Mullaperiyar Dam, our Idukki Dam will produce more power.

this panel report is not final verdict ...there will be arguments in SC ,Kerala already stated that they will object the findings of the committee

British built that dam inside the territory of Travancore , and now that place is in Kerala

Why not dedicate the dam to the nation? Good to see what we built still stands tall.

You take water from Periyar via 110+ year old dam after paying us a pittance of 10 lakh rupees annually, take it to TN ,generate power and irrigate land, produce crops and then sell us back to us.All this time we have to live in the shadow of 19th century obsolete dam.I don't see any benefit to Kerala.

Thats just baseless propaganda. Kerala also have our water problems and if not for Mullaperiyar Dam, our Idukki Dam will produce more power.

Yeah but then in India once you set a precedent,it is difficult to break it.

Thats the whole folly of language based states,but well we have to co operate and live with it.

Yeah but then in India once you set a precedent,it is difficult to break it.

Thats the whole folly of language based states,but well we have to co operate and live with it.

Even the Empowered Committee said that a new Dam should be build as an alternative proposal.

On Kerala's demand for construction of a new dam, the Empowered Committee said that in view of the age of the existing reservoir, building a new one could be considered as an alternative proposal. If a new dam was constructed, the maximum water level (MWL) should be fixed at 155 ft and a fresh agreement signed between the two States on water sharing and maintenance.

Meaning if a new dam is built, TN will get 13 feet more water.A new dam benefits TN more than the old dam does.

As for language based states, I don't think Kerala asked for it.

SO I ACCEPT YOU ARE GOOD AT MAINTAINENCE BUT POOR IN DESIGNING?

You can accept what ever you want. You lost your Raj long ago and nobody here gives a damn on what you think.

Instead of screaming "secession" every time someone outside Tamil nadu breaks a wind, go ahead and do it.

I'd like to know how you folks plan on surviving. Please stop nurturing bast4 rd5 like vaiko and karunanidhi, if you want to get along with the rest of us.

Instead of screaming "secession" every time someone outside Tamil nadu breaks a wind, go ahead and do it.

I'd like to know how you folks plan on surviving. Please stop nurturing bast4 rd5 like vaiko and karunanidhi, if you want to get along with the rest of us.

Stupid we also having own rivers and seasonal monsoon ; do u think TN is Sahara/Thar/ Gobi deserts? damn. I will cut ur throat if u talk abt Vaiko I knw ur keralite if you again talk against/bashing TN then you don't expect decent post frm myside.

Stupid we also having own rivers and seasonal monsoon ; do u think TN is Sahara/Thar/ Gobi deserts? damn. I will cut ur throat if u talk abt Vaiko I knw ur keralite if you again talk against/bashing TN then you can't expect decent post frm myside.

Then why you are so hung up on Mullaperiyar if you have so much of your own water.

Then why you are so hung up on Mullaperiyar if you have so much of your own water.

That water are not for our survival per se but its for economical growth. Just think hw Theni district survived b4 the construction of that dam. After getting sufficient water our people destroyed forests into cultivable land now we need water for that lands.

That water are not for our survival per se but its for economical growth. Just think hw Theni district survived b4 the construction of that dam. After getting sufficient water our people destroyed forests into cultivable land now we need water for that lands.

Thanks for clarifying. If any TN politician in power could say that publicly or TN lawyers say the same in Supreme Court, we could win this case with ease.

Why should Kerala pay for the economic growth of TN?

Are you insane? the case is about strength of the dam recent reports implying that dam is safe. OK if our politician agreed the above parts means how you will win the case? I can't get that logic. If all the people in Kerala is like you means anybody can do anything in your place.

Wat you paying(lawyer fee)? that dam is TN property and having rights on that water.

Are you insane? the case is about strength of the dam recent reports implying that dam is safe. OK if our politician agreed the above parts means how you will win the case? I can't get that logic. If all the people in Kerala is like you means anybody can do anything in your place.

The whole campaign for the Mullaperiyar dam was led by your politicians saying that its water is necessary for the survival of Kabbam, Theni etc areas. The keyword here is Survival. You have turned it on its head by saying that even without this water your areas can survive, making this dam's presence a liability than both states can do without. All we need is a good lawyer to argue this points in court.

Wat you paying? that dam is TN property and having rights on that water.

We are paying you with water virtually given to you for free. If that water flows freely we will make more power from Idukki Dam as well more more water can be used for irrigation purposes.Also you don't own the dam. You have only leased it for 999 years.

The whole campaign for the Mullaperiyar dam was led by your politicians saying that its water is necessary for the survival of Kabbam, Theni etc areas. The keyword here is Survival. You have turned it on its head by saying that even without this water your areas can survive, making this dam's presence a liability than both states can do without. All we need is a good lawyer to argue this points in court.

We are paying you with water virtually given to you for free. If that water flows freely we will make more power from Idukki Dam as well more more water can be used for irrigation purposes.Also you don't own the dam. You have only leased it for 999 years.

Whatever you say or cry nothing gng to be happen? and TN is potent player of Indian economy and no country will ruin huge agriculture and Industrial hub for a sake of tourist economy. You people want electricity ryt just get it frm Koodankulam or Neyveli wats a big deal.

Even If you get waters definitely you can't do agriculture in your land and commie mentality won't allow companies. You people won't allow to establish nuclear plant in Kerala but your CM asking electricity from nuclear plant in Koodankulam(TN) why double standard?. You people buch of losers. enuff said

Whatever you say or cry nothing gng to be happen? and TN is potent player of Indian economy and no country will ruin huge agriculture and Industrial hub for a sake of tourist economy. You people want electricity ryt just get it frm Koodankulam or Neyveli wats big deal.

Typical Big Brother attitude. As for KKNPP power, Jaya Amma is already pressurizing Center to divert all power to TN. It seems Jaya will succeed.

Back
Top Bottom