What's new

Separate power rates for day and night

Pepco withdraws new power tariff

Updated at: 2151 PST, Thursday, July 08, 2010

LAHORE: Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco) Thursday withdrew split power tariff for day and night, which was announced earlier in the evening, Geo News reported.

Geo’s initiative forced the Pepco to withdraw the decision, which would have only added to the miseries of the common men.

The new power tariff structure was split into peak hours and off-peak hours categories for the consumers of 5 kilowatts. The day time was set as off-peak hours category while the night time was set as peak hours category.

The rates for peak hours were fixed at Rs 11.77 per unit and Rs 7.18 per unit for the off-peak hours.

Pepco withdraws new power tariff - GEO.tv

Shouldnt it be the other way around :what:

Separate power rates for day and night

Updated at: 1835 PST, Thursday, July 08, 2010
Separate power rates for day and night LAHORE: Pakistan Power Electric Company (Pepco) has fixed separate rates for day and night, Geo News reported Thursday.

According to a decision made by the Pepco 'Peak Hours', from 06:00pm to 11:00pm, rates were fixed at Rs 11.77 per unit, while, 'Off Peak Hours', 11:00pm to 06:00pm, rates were fixed at Rs 07.18 per unit.

According to Geo News correspondent, new meters would be installed for the purpose at the consumer's cost.

The decision has been taken to discourage the power demend, according to Pepco.

Rs.11.77 per unit is too costly in india it's only Rs.4-5 per unit, no separate power rates....

Rs.11.77 per unit is too costly in india it's only Rs.4-5 per unit, no separate power rates....

convert the currency exchange rate as well
and this power tarrif is revoked......... read the last pages of this thread

my rate are 2 INR/unit.
pay ~200 rs/2 months
have 24 hr pc,2 tv,refrigirator
washing machine etc.
daily 2 hrs scheduled power cut
:victory:

my rate are 2 INR/unit.
pay ~200 rs/2 months
have 24 hr pc,2 tv,refrigirator
washing machine etc.
daily 2 hrs scheduled power cut
:victory:

i didn't know electricity is also being theft in india
you electricity CHOR

i didn't know electricity is also being theft in india
you electricity CHOR

these are normal rates
no hackin or chorin or subsidy.

subsidy is all farmers get free electricity, 6 to 24 hrs a day depending on demand.

infact our government gives power 1.25 rs/unit to hyundai india and ford india factories who produce and export lakhs of cars every year.

still 4 rs /unit are for heavy usage city customers
:wave:

Last edited:
these are normal rates
no hackin or chorin or subsidy.

subsidy is all farmers get free electricity, 6 to 24 hrs a day depending on demand.

infact our government gives 1.25 rs/unit to hyundai india and ford india factories who produce and export lakhs of cars every year.

still 4 rs /unit are for heavy usage city customers
:wave:
ofcourse there is a reason why indian products are becoming more competitive in the market ;)

I can understand your government's policies

home page
tariff link

no subsidy only tariff

just saw free power for smallscale textile power looms

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom