What's new

Separate power rates for day and night

Thanks for the insight man. I suppose you are talking about the bill amounted for one month's consumption.

With power cuts at all time high, and now this strange form of rationing, I don't understand why people are not on the streets already. The government seems to be billing the people for its own failures.

bullseye:victory: .... you got that right, indeed the government is taxing the people to fill up some private accounts in foreign banks.

petrol is not for 36-40 rupees in Pakistan. It is around 70 rupees i think you checked petrol prices in indian rupees

Thanks for correcting. We Indians are being fooled by politician by showing below rates.

pakistan 26
bangladesh 22
nepal 34
burma 30
afganisthan 36
INDIA 53

So, really petrol prices in world has increased.

Pakistan should invest in renewable sources.

Moreover, In India, Unit Cost of Electricity is 4.00 Rs. (Consider is 7.00 Pak Rupee)

In India Gas Cylinder is (365), while in pakistan its around 600-700
But now in India, Petrol is Rs. 53 while in Pakistan it is around 36-40.

So, some advantage while some disadvantage but still India is up. :)

Indian rupee = 1.83 Pakistani rupee.

Considering the difference in values, Pakistan's 7 Rupee per unit is cheaper than India's Rs. 4 per unit of electricity.

India's gas cylinder if weighs same as that of Pakistan's, then they cost the same too with India's cylinder costing at 365 Indian rupees and Pakistan's cylinder costing at 600 Pakistani rupees.

And of course, Petrol at 70 Pakistani rupees is still cheaper than Petrol in India at 54 Indian rupees. It is Pakistan advantage all the way. ;)

^ The Pakistani public do protest, but the masses are silent... The government know this and gladly take advantage of it. Sad cycle really.

^ The Pakistani public do protest, but the masses are silent... The government know this and gladly take advantage of it. Sad cycle really.

hmmm that means its time to take an action against the government ;)

You gather peoples for march and let me know where to burn the tyres :whistle:

personally, i don't think there really is a shortage of electricity in Pakistan. the real problem is that Zardari mafia simply took all the cash out and did not pay the bills due against thermal power plants. As a result a massive circular-debt arose which the government settled partly a few months ago to avoid a default.

and another possible theory circulating is that they've created this artificial shortage to prove to the world that we do need nuclear reactors urgently. well if thats true then its really shameful on part of our planners.

personally, i don't think there really is a shortage of electricity in Pakistan. the real problem is that Zardari mafia simply took all the cash out and did not pay the bills due against thermal power plants. As a result a massive circular-debt arose which the government settled partly a few months ago to avoid a default.

and another possible theory circulating is that they've created this artificial shortage to prove to the world that we do need nuclear reactors urgently. well if thats true then its really shameful on part of our planners.

hahahaha

happens, thinking of common Pakistani without any proof :lol:
with no offence intended

Last edited:
yeah true electricity in india is cheaper........ but also keep the currency difference in your mind

1 indian rupee = 1.80 pakistani rupees

But then what is the average income of a modest middle class family??? Is it also 1.8 times that of Indian modest middle class(which i doubt)??? If not then i am afraid these tariffs are ridiculously high...:tdown:

But then what is the average income of a modest middle class family??? Is it also 1.8 times that of Indian modest middle class(which i doubt)??? If not then i am afraid these tariffs are ridiculously high...:tdown:

it is also same, now i don't have time to go through again n again

google gdp per capita for example

good move ... but pepco should also know they have to provide electrity in order to charge consumers :-)

Separate power rates for day and night.....I wish it could have happened in India....The people in the cities could have greatly benefited from this.I mean most of the daily office goers generally don't stay at home during day time.So,they could have been benefited.Good move by Pakistan!!:tup::tup:

Separate power rates for day and night.....I wish it could have happened in India....The people in the cities could have greatly benefited from this.I mean most of the daily office goers generally don't stay at home during day time.So,they could have been benefited.Good move by Pakistan!!:tup::tup:

In India most of the power generation is going to be taken over by private companies in the coming decade.They will take their desicions based on their clientele

Pepco withdraws new power tariff

Updated at: 2151 PST, Thursday, July 08, 2010

LAHORE: Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco) Thursday withdrew split power tariff for day and night, which was announced earlier in the evening, Geo News reported.

Geo’s initiative forced the Pepco to withdraw the decision, which would have only added to the miseries of the common men.

The new power tariff structure was split into peak hours and off-peak hours categories for the consumers of 5 kilowatts. The day time was set as off-peak hours category while the night time was set as peak hours category.

The rates for peak hours were fixed at Rs 11.77 per unit and Rs 7.18 per unit for the off-peak hours.

Pepco withdraws new power tariff - GEO.tv

i guess this was a good initiative if they would have countered consumers using above 5kw of energy.

People use less than 5kw must be given cheap tarrif

Oh well they revoked the decision so what can we say

Revoked this decision primarily I guess because the installation cost of the "time of use meter" was to borne by the consumers and it would be unlikely that people would not go crazy over this. The >5KW are the upper middle and elite classes, being the most assertive class would have generated huge vocal vomits over this issue even though it was a good initiative.

Back
Top Bottom