What's new

Senator McCain: US can't let China 'do as they please'

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
McCain: US can't let China 'do as they please' while smaller countries suffer
By Carlo Munoz - 05/14/12

The United States must ensure that China cannot "do as they please" while smaller Asian countries suffer, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Monday in a Washington speech.

McCain said tensions over the South China Sea between China and several other countries highlight the need for an increased U.S. presence in the region.
Peacefully resolving that fight is one of several "major tests" facing the United States as it shifts its focus from the Middle East to the Pacific, McCain said in a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
The lawmaker was quick to point out he was not advocating direct U.S. action in the South China Sea. But he did note the White House's decision to increase its Pacific presence will be a much-needed check to Chinese aggression there and elsewhere in the region.

America's role, in some way, should ensure that rising powers such as China cannot just "do as they please [while] smaller states suffer," McCain said.

McCain: US can't let China 'do as they please' while smaller countries suffer - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

This guy said "I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live". Since when did he care about the welfare of SE Asians?

Maybe it's Alzheimers? Reagan had it too, so a 2nd president with it shouldn't be that bad. American voters really didn't know what fun they were missing out on when they elected Obama instead.

Isn't that the man who singed 'bomb bomb bomb, bomb Iran'?

Yeah, I've seen enough of that guy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beijing has named the South China Sea one of its “core interests,” meaning it could potentially go to war to protect it. The US has said it has a national interest in ensuring freedom of navigation in the sea, and analysts say Washington is expanding its military presence in Asia to counter China’s rising influence.

Three ships from the US 7th Fleet are prowling the area and would be reinforced by more elements from the Fleet as and when the need arises. What are the Chinese up against?

The Seventh Fleet is the United States Navy's permanent forward projection force operating forward, deployed in Yokosuka, Japan, with units positioned near Japan and South Korea. It is a component fleet force under the United States Pacific Fleet. At present, it is the largest of the forward-deployed U.S. fleets, with 10 Task Forces consisting of 50 to 60 ships, 350 aircraft and 60,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel under CSG-5 (Carrier Strike Group 5) centered around the aircraft carrier USS George Washington.

Google to check out the awesome and mind blowing firepower of this CSG that includes nuke subs, cruise missile carriers, destroyers, cruisers, IRBMs and so on.

Does China have a chance against this massive force? Simple answer - NO!

Not only Americans, I think any man on this earth has the mind, easy for he recognizes that China's claims overlap the waters of other countries are too greedy and illegal.

_54145268__48951920_south_china-sea_1_466-1.gif

This guy said "I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live". Since when did he care about the welfare of SE Asians?

Maybe it's Alzheimers? Reagan had it too, so a 2nd president with it shouldn't be that bad. American voters really didn't know what fun they were missing out on when they elected Obama instead.

Yeah I guess this sucker has been in the shade for quite some time he may have forgotten the world is round or the world has forgotten this guy is a hero honoured for killing vietcongs and got himself shackled and half submerged in vietcongs' bamboo shacks built in the water for POWs.

The picture is, has the word bully written all over this!

correct the blue lines of intrusion are all over the place!

Well the Chinese Imperialist will try to but Anti China block of ASEAN should try buy themselves to defend its territories by diplomacy first while doing so they should ready themselves just in case the diplomatic front fails

Beijing has named the South China Sea one of its “core interests,” meaning it could potentially go to war to protect it. The US has said it has a national interest in ensuring freedom of navigation in the sea, and analysts say Washington is expanding its military presence in Asia to counter China’s rising influence.

Three ships from the US 7th Fleet are prowling the area and would be reinforced by more elements from the Fleet as and when the need arises. What are the Chinese up against?

The Seventh Fleet is the United States Navy's permanent forward projection force operating forward, deployed in Yokosuka, Japan, with units positioned near Japan and South Korea. It is a component fleet force under the United States Pacific Fleet. At present, it is the largest of the forward-deployed U.S. fleets, with 10 Task Forces consisting of 50 to 60 ships, 350 aircraft and 60,000 Navy and Marine Corps personnel under CSG-5 (Carrier Strike Group 5) centered around the aircraft carrier USS George Washington.

Google to check out the awesome and mind blowing firepower of this CSG that includes nuke subs, cruise missile carriers, destroyers, cruisers, IRBMs and so on.

Does China have a chance against this massive force? Simple answer - NO!
Excuse me, Do you scare us with USA Force? I also have the questions, Do USA will fight for Phillippine with China face-to-face?
make the hypethesis, We take the action in SCS, then USA really send they fleet to there, Ok, Our fleet will damage much, but USA should prepare a lot of coffins for their soldiers, Is American ready for it and can they afford it?

Excuse me, Do you scare us with USA Force? I also have the questions, Do USA will fight for Phillippine with China face-to-face?
make the hypethesis, We take the action in SCS, then USA really send they fleet to there, Ok, Our fleet will damage much, but USA should prepare a lot of coffins for their soldiers, Is American ready for it and can they afford it?

Dude MDT (Mutual Defense Treaty) and yes i mean war = no debt from you! but unlike you people it would be you who will start the fighting not us or America. So why? its not a question of they are afraid? or my country is afraid but really are you people really going to use force? that's the real question because my country is back by International law we have the high ground plus attack us and you be fighting the whole world can china stand against that?

Don't see how America have a choice. Not every country is India

Back
Top Bottom