What's new

Senate committee calls for ban on Indian channels

Banning anything is a sign of desperation by the govt.
Banning is not the answer.

If people don't want these channels, they can unsubscribe, or not watch these channels, but to cut them off permanently is insane. That's Taliban style governance and I'm surprised to see so many Pakistanis backing it up.

People should be given all options and should be educated about them. The people should have the freedom to choose what they want.

It was night call plans earlier, TV channels now, someday they might even censor the Internet, or cut it off the rest of the world. Are they trying to create a new North Korea or what??

Religioous is one aspect. Tolerence come from mutual respect not from one-sided respect. I did not see much tolerence in Indian media conetent for Islam.

So NO we are not much easy for showing and supporting shirk

Aren't you the same one which questions Indian secularism in every thread? What happened now ?

You are scared because you know deep down inside your heart that your artificial bonds and lie will expose through these channels.

How will then hatred towards Hindus perpetuates if these channels are not banned?

Pakistani school text books are based on lie and deception. But by seeing indian channels Pakistani Muslims starts realizing that Hindus are just like us , humans, just a having a different way to worship god.

Pakistani establishment wants the hate to be in the air and bargain a ticket to all ill and massacre committed in name of Islam.

Frankly, no one has asked you to be front runner and torch bearer for Islam. Running Pakistan will be too much for you.

Aren't you the same one which questions Indian secularism in every thread? What happened now ?

You are scared because you know deep down inside your heart that your artificial bonds and lie will expose through these channels.

How will then hatred towards Hindus perpetuates if these channels are not banned?

Pakistani school text books are based on lie and deception. But by seeing indian channels Pakistani Muslims starts realizing that Hindus are just like us , humans, just a having a different way to worship god.

Pakistani establishment wants the hate to be in the air and bargain a ticket to all ill and massacre committed in name of Islam.

Frankly, no one has asked you to be front runner and torch bearer for Islam. Running Pakistan will be too much for you.

Excuse me, but that is definetely not how it is.

Pakistani textbooks are ALL oxford or cambridge endorsed. So don't even go there.

LOL, have you seen our 'Pakistani establishment'? They don't give a ***'s *** about what is shown on TV. Musharraf's military agenda certainly did not attack Indian television now did it? So why do you think the worlds most corrupt government would give a ... about television. The only reason they do so is that so some Moulvi can compliment them on 'finally doing the right thing.'

Artificial bonds and lies? I think ive just experienced the paranoid side of India. :coffee:

I don't think they spread anything except headaches.:sick:

Yeah. could not agree more. Why bother with Indian BS when you have so much at home.

:rofl::rofl: Fully agree.

I agree with most of my Pakistani friends. Some of these channels should be banned in India itself for sheer stupidity. I know, being stupid is not a crime but spreading it must be made one. I have no idea how you guys can bear to watch some of those serials.They are completely inane. There is sadly no accounting for taste, not in India nor as it seems in Pakistan. The pooja part? I never did understand that. What on earth do they go on showing it for? Everytime I am channel surfing, it seems someone or the other is doing pooja in some serial or the other. I find it simply nauseating. It's the hapless viewers who should be doing the praying. I think the primary aim of these serials is to show very bored housewives that there are people whose lives are even more tedious than their own.

The same with our news channels. Do they think we are all deaf? They scream like banshees at the camera and everything is "breaking news". Would like to break something on their heads instead. They twist comments people make giving it a meaning not intended just so that they have a story. All they are interested in is taking people's money by getting them to SMS their opinions on everything which only serves to increase the stupidity quotient of the channel which was already high in the first place.

:tup::tup::tup: Jeetay raho beta............ fully agree with you

Banning anything is a sign of desperation by the govt.
Banning is not the answer.

If people don't want these channels, they can unsubscribe, or not watch these channels, but to cut them off permanently is insane. That's Taliban style governance and I'm surprised to see so many Pakistanis backing it up.

People should be given all options and should be educated about them. The people should have the freedom to choose what they want.

It was night call plans earlier, TV channels now, someday they might even censor the Internet, or cut it off the rest of the world. Are they trying to create a new North Korea or what??
How many Pakistani channels are available on demand in India.
If banning is taliban style then why you ban adult movies for children. Let them see and educate. If they didn't like it they'll change the channel.

banning is not taliban style. But its you guys habbit to turn everything into taliban and then relate it to Pakistan. Just get over it.

Last edited:
honestely indians teenagers and young adults are so deluted with western style of life that they just protray themselves as westerners... i for one see this first hand to when in canada the young indian adults are comeing here without asking around people what to wear , how to talk to people , how to make a status,ECT.... its just that there self morals are so low that it dosent look like there indian more like western white washed indian. same now with pakistani kids aswell ,,,, before alot use to be sencord but now nothing is ..no sharam.... should go back to the zia ul haque regime

ohhhhh please stop, you talk like your the most perfect and most moralistic human being on this planet. Stop preaching how to live to other people. Just because not everyone wants to live a conservative lifestyle like yours does not mean they are immoralist.

Excuse me, but that is definetely not how it is.

Pakistani textbooks are ALL oxford or cambridge endorsed. So don't even go there.

LOL, have you seen our 'Pakistani establishment'? They don't give a ***'s *** about what is shown on TV. Musharraf's military agenda certainly did not attack Indian television now did it? So why do you think the worlds most corrupt government would give a ... about television. The only reason they do so is that so some Moulvi can compliment them on 'finally doing the right thing.'

Artificial bonds and lies? I think ive just experienced the paranoid side of India. :coffee:

I understand your cynicism, but India is not just made up of Modis. Muslims do not feel out of place in every city and in some cases, they are the most celebrated citizens of the country. I have some really good friends who are Muslims and it never seemed to matter to either of us. God and piety are personal matters and one's faith should not have anything to do with how you perceive them. The common man has many other problems to contend with, and a poor Muslim in India is as bothered about Roti, Kapda, Makaan as a poor Hindu, Sikh, Christian, or what have you. True - some politicians and mobs have proved otherwise, and while there is no overwhelming camaraderie, there is no hatred between Indian Hindus and Muslims as is assumed in Pakistan. Which begs the question - what is your opinion on the relation between Muslims and Hindus in Pakistan?

As I said earlier, I'm happy just because I don't want everybody to be addicted to stupid saas bahu dramas, but banning channels is pure fascism. Are we living in a despotic regime?

Everybody has the choice to see anyone of the dozens of channels available to him. Just fricking press one button to change the channel. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch Satr Plus or Colors day and night. Women are watching it, because they like it. There isn't a man standing with an axe above their heads. If you don't want people to watch what many of you refer to as "Hindu" culture, then change your social norms.

Autocratic inclinations has been inculcated in everybody so much that all you want to do is to control each and every bit of the citizens' life. No respect for freedom of expression or dissent. What do you want to do next, ban the internet completely because there's a whole lotta "Hindu culture" on the internet as well (not to mention pron).

PS:- I ran out of space for the check marks

Last edited:
I understand your cynicism, but India is not just made up of Modis. Muslims do not feel out of place in every city and in some cases, they are the most celebrated citizens of the country. I have some really good friends who are Muslims and it never seemed to matter to either of us. God and piety are personal matters and one's faith should not have anything to do with how you perceive them. The common man has many other problems to contend with, and a poor Muslim in India is as bothered about Roti, Kapda, Makaan as a poor Hindu, Sikh, Christian, or what have you. True - some politicians and mobs have proved otherwise, and while there is no overwhelming camaraderie, there is no hatred between Indian Hindus and Muslims as is assumed in Pakistan. Which begs the question - what is your opinion on the relation between Muslims and Hindus in Pakistan?

I wish I could answer that, but sadly I have never seen a Hindu in Pakistan. Maybe because there is not much that they wear that tells us that they are Hindu. I know a lot of Christians and I have seen many Sikhs in Pakistan, but can't tell who is Hindu if they do not have the bindi on or something else like that.

d6bea35dd3ff81a998624cad571f2bcc.png
d6bea35dd3ff81a998624cad571f2bcc.png

We all are just stick people.

There are still a bunch of famous people though.

Hinduism in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.: Pakistan Hindu Council :.

I don't understand this paranoia with "Hindu Culture". Let me make this clear - Indian serials and films do not necessarily reflect Hindu culture. Or even Indian culture for that matter. It is as accurate as saying Hollywood represents Christian or American culture. Anyone who has spent some time in the US knows how ridiculous that statement is. These programs run only because they are entertaining and have grandeur. That may be one of the reasons why these shows have so many Poojas and Aartis - for the color and vibrancy they bring. I believe these are considered vanities in Islam and Christianity so these may be not acceptable personally. But you can choose to change the channel, as many have suggested. And when Muslims in India have no problem seeing these things, why should it bother you? Culturally, how different are most Pakistani Muslims from the Muslims of North India?

I also find it amusing that people want a ban on Indian media because it propagates "Hindu" culture. It makes sense economically, but supporting your own films for religious reasons is hypocrisy. For I understand that cinema and music is non-Islamic, and your cause will be yours no longer. Please note that the Pakistani music you talk of, is inspired by Sufism which in fact is a testament to how Muslim and Hindu culture can be amalgamated. So don't be hypocritical - if you want to be true Muslims, ban all films and TV. Else, recognize that Islam in the subcontinent has the influence of Hinduism, and our cultures are a mixture of many religions, whether any of us likes it or not.

Having said that, I think you can choose to ban Indian news media. Many of our differences are contentious and it is obvious our point of view can hurt you. The tough solution would be to bring our education levels up so our societies can handle across-the-border news with maturity. Till that happens, this can be the easy way out.

Ya Indian dramas are sick. We need to watch something better.. at least not Indian Soap anymore.

everything is related to age old market policy of DEMAND & SUPPLY....if there is no demand the supply will cease to exist as in the case of pakistani channels in india...no demand no supply ==as simple as that:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom