What's new

Saudi makes Abaya compulsory for women on Hajj

A shalwar kameez is as modest a dress as any Arabian abaya out there. People especially the Muslims of the subcontinent have been wearing it for at least over a century (just a rough estimate, its definitely more than the time period i just listed). People used to go for hajj during the times of the ottomans too, if the Abaya was an absolute cornerstone of the Islamic way of dressing, surely it would've been enforced at some point of the their almost 600 year rule. This new law is nothing more than exporting an extreme version of Islam to a country which has historically hosted a tolerant society. and as for you argument of the Dopatta not enough to cover the whole body, well, please check out the picture i posted below. Please learn to appreciate your own culture rather than rejecting it for some foreign one.

the forum is not letting me post an image since i don't have the minimum number of posts to do so. kindly look up shalwar kameez on wikipedia and scroll down to history section and you'll see what i was talking about.

You are absolutely right, and I Love very much our Shalwar Kameez because its modest dress.

But i think little different what i have noticed during Hajj, may be many of you don't understand.

I said that Abaya is Good in Hajj because during Hajj you have to face many difficulties and some time you have to travel and sleep off road and women have to rest in between the men. so i have seen that Women with Abaya were more comfortable.

Also for simplicity abaya is better bacause our people mostly use color matched dresses.

It's interesting that the one genuine arab agrees that forcing people into specific clothes is not the way to go - but the arabized Pakistanis insist that an Abaya must be worn - really rather unique, sort more arbi than the arab

Anway, in the past when haj was performed, was there a requirement for a uniform for women? If not, then what this about making rules for Pakistanis?

Back
Top Bottom