What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

That'll be the right thing to do. But the company will stay American. So indirectly you're supporting my point of private entities investing in developing nations, rather than their nations.

In my view these companies may call themselves as MNC's but to the core they are the tools for their respective Govts.

I am saying for any company either Indian or an outside company to grow they have to target low end consumer base. For Indian companies India offers 1.2 Billion customers and huge middle class, and with some support from GOI they can grow.

true, coz this amount is equal to 50% of Indian gdp.

true, coz this amount is equal to 50% of Indian gdp.

50% of saudi GDP our is close to 1.8 trillion.

In my view these companies may call themselves as MNC's but to the core they are the tools for their respective Govts.

I am saying for any company either Indian or an outside company to grow they have to target low end consumer base. For Indian companies India offers 1.2 Billion customers and huge middle class, and with some support from GOI they can grow.

Support from Government, protectionism will prevent the growth of these companies in international market, and at the same time will make Indian market less lucrative for foreign investor.

And every companies decision reflects the policies of their respective government. Do you think TATA will go against GoI and venture in some hostile regions? Any company won't flourish without state patronage. But patronage is different from protectionism.

Support from Government, protectionism will prevent the growth of these companies in international market, and at the same time will make Indian market less lucrative for foreign investor.

And every companies decision reflects the policies of their respective government. Do you think TATA will go against GoI and venture in some hostile regions? Any company won't flourish without state patronage. But patronage is different from protectionism.

Protectionism is a relative term here, India do need some kind of protectionism and insulation of its economy, which is what save us in the last decade.

I support some protectionism for budding sectors in India so that they will grow and go out to compete in International arena.

I dont get it these Arabs can befriend our enemies, but we must maintain enemity with their enemies.

Hmm , nice thinking , enemity with Saudi's enemy - Iran.

Do your duty , soldier : Tell your PM not to inaugurate the Iran-Pakistan Gas pipeline tomorrow ....

Mate , have you ever worked in a MNC based out of India before or got kicked out of one recently ?

Why the grudge against MNCs ?

MNCs being in competition , value and technology ... help in local growth rates , employment , taxes ... I suggest you take up a economy class to freshen up your knowledge ...

Mate , have you ever worked in a MNC based out of India before or got kicked out of one recently ?

MNCs being in competition , value and technology ... help in local growth rates , employment , taxes ... I suggest you take up a economy class to freshen up your knowledge ...

I do work in MNC to be precise my client loc is CISCO and I am a VLSI engineer.

Yes these MNC's are have done a lot in embedding competitive spirit and work ethics but an American company is an American company when it comes to Nation, my priority is always Indian companies.

Well people buy the best value product, not everyone cares about the national origin of the company. Walmart is notorious for outsourcing and has killed many other American brands. Yet people buy because they offer best value.

Protectionism is a relative term here, India do need some kind of protectionism and insulation of its economy, which is what save us in the last decade.

I support some protectionism for budding sectors in India so that they will grow and go out to compete in International arena.

What saved India in last decade is centralization of banks.

You should do a case study on the Turkish conglomerates and how protectionism prevented it's growth in neighboring countries and Europe.

No need of personal remarks. Stick to the point.

There are many things in common between Indians and Latin Americans, be it family values or consumer psych.

They don't share the same values as us. They get pregnant at 16, we are nothing alike. They don't force their children to become doctors, lawyers or engineers. In short, they don't value education like us.

They don't share the same values as us. They get pregnant at 16, we are nothing alike. They force their children to become doctors, lawyers or engineers. In short, they don't value education like us.

Yeah, my parents forced me to take up science and pursue engineering. While i had a deep interest in Finance and investment.

And you cannot characterize a whole society by a few discrete incidents, i can cite many examples of premature pregnancy among Indian youths.

Yeah, my parents forced me to take up science and pursue engineering. While i had a deep interest in Finance and investment.

And you cannot characterize a whole society by a few discrete incidents, i can cite many examples of premature pregnancy among Indian youths.

It is very common over there. Don't insult us by saying they are similar to us. We share nothing in common.

You're being ignorant, brother.

No im not. I'm just stating that we are not similar to them. I live in North America so I get to see a fair share of them. I can tell you that we aren't similar. I have taken much offense by your statement.

What saved India in last decade is centralization of banks.

You should do a case study on the Turkish conglomerates and how protectionism prevented it's growth in neighboring countries and Europe.

Yes mate That is why I said Protectionism as a relative term.

There are sectors which need Govt. initial push. After that it is better for implementing liberal policies.

No im not. I'm just stating that we are not similar to them. I live in North America so I get to see a fair share of them. I can tell you that we aren't similar. I have taken much offense by your statement.

Do you characterize all Indians by the minor fraction of NRIs living abroad? I guess no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom