What's new

Saudi Arabia offers India $ 625 bn investment opportunities.

We have plans to build infra worth 1 trillion over 10 years, better form an JV for 1 or 2 years to gaining tech and then do it our self.

In doing that our companies can venture into Africa and Latin America since we can offer cheaper services that west.

$1 trillion looks big, but it isn't devoted for a single project. That involves making roads in remotest part of north east to laying tracks of High speed railway corridors in Central India, to building bridges in some part of Ladakh.

Finally, as there will probably hundreds of builders involved, the share of each infrastructure company/builders will be too less to form a JV with foreign entities.

$1 trillion looks big, but it isn't devoted for a single project. That involves making roads in remotest part of north east to laying tracks of High speed railway corridors in Central India, to building bridges in some part of Ladakh.

Finally, as there will probably hundreds of builders involved, the share of each infrastructure company/builders will be too less to form a JV with foreign entities.

Correct we also have plans to build connectivity with ASEAN, we need some good management efforts to make it fruitful in all aspects :cheers:

Correct we also have plans to build connectivity with ASEAN, we need some good management efforts to make it fruitful in all aspects :cheers:

In some other threads i've proposed, a railway line to Vietnam and Malaysia will be the biggest boost to the economy of the region.

Yeah, my parents forced me to take up science and pursue engineering. While i had a deep interest in Finance and investment.

And you cannot characterize a whole society by a few discrete incidents, i can cite many examples of premature pregnancy among Indian youths.

in india,you become engineer first,then decide what to do with your career.

I'll pursue MS and PhD in Nanoelectronics, as it was dying wish of my father. Then will do MBA and try my luck in venture capitalism.

Lets see what future holds for me.

i am undecided.mba or civil service coaching???

Saudi Arabia investing in India? Great.

Saudis are investing in United States, India, Africa and what not...

Mind you, Saudi Arabia has the third largest foreign reserves in the world ;)

Saudi Arabia, and other rich Islamic Nations, should invest in sub-saharan Africa and Latin America.....

There are many things in common between Indians and Latin Americans, be it family values or consumer psych.
They ay that Indians have similar color and body structure. And as you said, they have their own music and dance culture with family values.

Saudi Arabia investing in India? Great.
Saudis are investing in United States, India, Africa and what ot...
Mind you, Saudi Arabia has the third largest foreign reserves in the world ;)
Saudi Arabia, and other rich Islamic Nations, should invest in sub-saharan Africa and Latin America.....
And they don't help Muslim nations in their economy during their tough times and rather fund terrorist organizations. :azn:

Humein to apno ne loota, gairon main kahan dam tha,
hamari kashti wahan doobi, jahan paani kam tha. :lol:

I do work in MNC to be precise my client loc is CISCO and I am a VLSI engineer.

Yes these MNC's are have done a lot in embedding competitive spirit and work ethics but an American company is an American company when it comes to Nation, my priority is always Indian companies.

Would that be your priority still if you get inferior goods at higher prices ?

Let me cite you an example : Alstom (France) and Bombardier (Canada) bid for Metro Rail coaches in competition with BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd.) ... this competition drives the PSU to better its products while being competitive financially and saleable to the customer too .... it's a win-win situation.

NOTE:

Bombardier - DMRC
BEML - Namma Metro (Bangalore)
Alstom - Chennai Metro

Bombardier has already opened its factory in Savli , Gujarat to cater to India's domestic industry ..heard Alstom is also planning for a similar investment ...

The more you give favouritism and partiality to any one vendor , competiveness and as a result , quality , would erode gradually over time ....

India has a huge domestive market to keep everyone plugged in with multiple orders .. and with $1 trillion worth of infra investments needed in coming few years .. we need all the FDI that can be brought in in this sector and Saudis are more than welcome to invest in this sector.
Of course , Government's FDI council overseas details of the investment before green-flagging it ....
It is in no way detrimental to India's growth ....

Would that be your priority still if you get inferior goods at higher prices ?

Let me cite you an example : Alstom (France) and Bombardier (Canada) bid for Metro Rail coaches in competition with BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd.) ... this competition drives the PSU to better its products while being competitive financially and saleable to the customer too .... it's a win-win situation.

NOTE:

Bombardier - DMRC
BEML - Namma Metro (Bangalore)
Alstom - Chennai Metro

Bombardier has already opened its factory in Savli , Gujarat to cater to India's domestic industry ..heard Alstom is also planning for a similar investment ...

The more you give favouritism and partiality to any one vendor , competiveness and as a result , quality , would erode gradually over time ....

India has a huge domestive market to keep everyone plugged in with multiple orders .. and with $1 trillion worth of infra investments needed in coming few years .. we need all the FDI that can be brought in in this sector and Saudis are more than welcome to invest in this sector.
Of course , Government's FDI council overseas details of the investment before green-flagging it ....
It is in no way detrimental to India's growth ....

Can you tell me how much these FDI's helped India??

These FDI are small and very tiny amount, in 2012 we got close to 30 Billion dollars, that includes Black money.

In my view MNC's only contributed in quality, work ethics and technology base in India. They may have their profits i have no problem with it.

The percentage of GDP growth with FDI is low compared to the domestic growth we have in the last decade, This is my point.

Lets give some kind of protectionism to our infra. companies like giving incentives and such and let them grow so that we can venture into Africa and Latin America within a decade.

These FDI are small and very tiny amount, in 2012 we got close to 30 Billion dollars, that includes Black money.

In my view MNC's only contributed in quality, work ethics and technology base in India. They may have their profits i have no problem with it.

The percentage of GDP growth with FDI is low compared to the domestic growth we have in the last decade, This is my point.

Lets give some kind of protectionism to our infra. companies like giving incentives and such and let them grow so that we can venture into Africa and Latin America within a decade.

FDI never gets accounted with black money. :rolleyes:

Our infra companies have their order books flush with orders ( for e.g L&T).

The point is the scale and size of investments needed , no Indian company ( or consortium ) alone can manage that sort of output that is needed in the upcoming years , hence the need for FDI ....

Both Indian and MNC Infra companies can co-exist and grow peacefully in this environment together ...

My previous post was just an example of benefits of FDI , had it not been for these MNC production lines facilities ( Bombardier for example ) , would DMRC would have managed to expand so fast in so less time ... you have to look at the bigger picture of these investments ... it's the auxiliary industry it springs , the demand it creates , the choice it generates for the end-user ...

Can you let me know how fast would the IGI International Airport T3 been made had the construction been handed over to , say AAI ?
Or DMRC getting its coaches from , say BEML alone ?
That ,I am 100% positive , would have turned to massive cost and time overruns, & would have a ripple effect on the economy.

This is absolutely wrong notion that FDI inflows curtail growth rates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom