What's new

'Sare Jahan Se Achcha' poet Mohammed Iqbal remains pariah in India

And arent you thankful to Jinnah for that... You better be mate...

Being from South India, I am indifferent to partition - I do not have a view on whether it was right or wrong. The partition happened but the fruit of partition was poisoned by Nehru's distorted view and inability to change the constitution thereby preventing the building of a modern India - a part of the population follows a law allowing polygamy, not providing maintenance for women, allowing dowry etc. That is a huge disappointment for me.

Allama Muhammad Iqbal was a great poet and intellectual.In reality he was the person who presented the idea of separate state for muslims although he didn't use the world PAKISTAN but he gave the idea of separate country.So do not give a wrong image that he didn't proposed a separate state and secondly the poem sare jahan se acha was not for hindustan it was when india was one state and it was before Iqbal's Allahabad address.So you can not say that he wrote that poem in favour of present india.he wrote that poem when he thought muslims can live safely in india but when he looked at atrocities of hindus on muslims he gave his Allahabad address for separate state for muslims in muslim majority areas.

I am very curious to learn more, since you made that statement with such confidence: what atrocities did Hindus commit on Muslims before 1930?

I hate it when indians usually think a apakisatni arguing them on defence.pk has only read his distorted books and in doing so they expose their own ignorance of subject. Second thing,you didnt mentioned second party i,e muslims. You failed to tell us why jinnah made excessive demands? Why muslims trusted jinah in 20's 3O's and 40's so much so that 86 87 percent votes were given to Jinnah party in 1946 indian general election. Did your indian text books ever told you thawhat were the reasons behind such a land slide victory? Why muslims believed put their faith in a cunning, deceptive and oppurtunist politician for such a long time?

Well you are suggesting demands made by jinnah in 20's and 30's were way out of the league but did you know the background and circumstances of theses demands.?

Have your ever bothered to read the conditions of muslims in 20's and 3O's? Most economically socially and political backwards were the muslims at that time and adding fuel to fire, communal clashes b/w muslims and hindus erupted many times in these two decades.

Every demand made by jinnah has a long history associated with it.

Now piece of advice, you want to debate, than please properly search the conditions of muslims by using google and Joe Shearer knowledge. He has extensively read and researched this matter and will precisly tell you about the conditions faced by muslims.

Than we will decide who is debating with distoted facts

P.S. I can see indians totally ignored the link i shared in my previous pos and also the main point in which Jiinah telling gandhi you canot decide the faith alone. Than they accuse that either we dont read or read distorted books alas

When an average Pakistani was richer than Indias in 1947, then how Muslims were backward. :cheesy:

People voted for Jinnah because of inplanted fear for being minority in Hindu majority India, an election stunt after heavy loss in 1937 election, why it took 4 decades for league to establish themselves among Muslims.

Indians hate Muhammad Iqbal because Iqbal's father ( a Kashmiri Hindu Brahmin ) converted to ISLAM and married a muslim woman.

Raw Cia Mossad funded dollar pai palnay walay Thaliban,Shia Sunni,Siyasi thanzeemai,Mqm - Anp k badmashan,Rayees khandan kai bigray tommy aulad jo apne fakhashi ki zaroriyat ko poora karne kaeliya adhee mujrim jo be hain sabko pakar kai nanga karke jalaa do aag mai sabke samne jaise kai karachi mai khotha tha mujrimo ko rangay khaatho pakar kai jo aub nahi ho raha jiske waja se jaraim mai din ba din izafa horaha hai - TRIBAL AREAS-KARACHI-BALUCHISTAN MAI.

Indians hate Muhammad Iqbal because Iqbal's father ( a Kashmiri Hindu Brahmin ) converted to ISLAM and married a muslim woman.

thanks man..did not know that till now coz i never really cared for that iqbal dude...but i'll hate him from now on, atleast to make what you said the truth...:)

Here is a letter written by Iqbal in which he seems to dissociate himself from the idea of Pakistan. This is from a set of nine letters from Iqbal to the Oxford University professor Edward Thomas.

They are part of the book "The Idea of Pakistan and Iqbal - A Disclaimer".

Dr. Sir Mohd Iqbal, M.A., Ph.D. Barrister-at-Law

Lahore 4 March 1934

My Dear Mr. Thompson,

I have just received your review of my book. It is excellent and I am grateful to you for the very kind things you have said of me. But you have made one mistake which I hasten to point as I consider it rather serious. You call me a protagonist of the scheme called “Pakistan”. Now Pakistan is not my scheme. The one that I suggested in my address is the creation of a Muslim Province – i.e; a province having an overwhelming population of Muslims in the North-West of India. This new province will be, according to my scheme, a part of the proposed Indian Federation. Pakistan scheme proposes a separate federation of Muslim Provinces directly related to England as a separate dominion. This scheme originated in Cambridge. The authors of this scheme believe that we Muslim Round Tablers have sacrificed the Muslim nation on the altar of Hindu or the so called Indian Nationalism.

Yours Sincerely,

Mohammed Iqbal

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/37025-iqbals-letter-daily-times-london.html#post522861

Anyway, I don't know what to make of Iqbal. His family had only recently converted from Dharma. He did show streaks of fanaticism, going even so far as to defend a chap called Ghazi Ilm-ud-Din Shaheed, whose claim to fame was the murder of blasphemers.

that is true. he was shunned by kashmiri pandit society for converting to islam.

Indians don't know his family background. But since his literary works are purely Islamic in nature, it never attracted majority of Indian.

We Indians don't hate Iqbal. In fact many Indians don't know about Iqbal.

Iqbal is a Islamist and India is secular. Hence don't match. No wonder he is a pariah in India

Back
Top Bottom