What's new

Sachin may be your god but not mine: Akhtar

I don't know why he said something against Wasim Akram, PCB, Sachin and many more players.......He even accused most of the Pakistani fast bowler for tempering the ball.

May be to sell his book. Name also "Controversially yours". He should have not said, Because he can still make some good life in India like Wasim Akram is doing as commentator. :lol:

And this is what Shoaib termed as ''Fragile Ego of indians''

LOL , are you serious? Let me write some bad stuff about Jinnah and come to pakistan to promote my book. I doubt i'll return alive , so let's leave it at that.

LOL , are you serious? Let me write some bad stuff about Jinnah and come to pakistan to promote my book. I doubt i'll return alive , so let's leave it at that.

Sir,

Let's not be silly---Tendulkar is just a great cricketer----he is no Jinnah---nor he is Nehru----let's keep him in his place----.

All true fast bowlers on good pitches owned every batsman that faced them regardless of Akhtar---Holding---Lee---Lillee---Thompson---Wesley Hall or others---and every one of them claimed the batsmen to be shi-ting in their pants when facing them---Tendulkar is no different and Shoaib is not out of line---.

Once india has a real paceman of the calibre of Akhtar----you people will be tearing every batsman up every which way possible----.

As a matter of fact---you people will be like pit bulls haranguing every batsman who was facing your speedster.

It was said the same thing about Hanif Mohammad---when he faced Wesley Halls-----that he was shaking in his pants---so their was a stanza written to that effect--

Hall ata hai

wabal ata hai

thora sa lal lal

nazar ata hai

and even though Hanif scored his tripple century in that tour of west indies----

Sir,

Let's not be silly---Tendulkar is just a great cricketer----he is no Jinnah---nor he is Nehru----let's keep him in his place----.
--

sir,
thats your take, but most indians have a status in their minds for sachin,which i think cannot be explained , and which is why many ppl jast see him as a god. The position he enjoys in the hearts and minds of every indian across any dividing lines is much bigger than a nehru will ever have.
thanks

It is just a case of speaking truth, but in a blunt way.

First of all, none of us were at the pitch, but Shoaib was.

This man is is a bowler, and not a speaker, so we cannot expect him to be very eloquent with his words. He might have noticed hesitation on part of Sachin, and that can easily be taken as "one's being wary" of the fast ball. And one's being wary can often be expressed with the term "dar gaya" in India as well as in Pakistan, and especially in sports.

But the term "scared" or "dar gaya" can mean so many things in so many ways. It is not as if Sachin was scared of Shoaib, but yeah, Sachin must surely have been more careful, wary, and some times pretty hesitant in facing his ball. In describing such mannerism, Shoaib has not been incorrect in spelling it out as "dar gaya".

Because he has also questioned the character of so many other cricketers from Pakistan, it is very obvious they will use the Sachin platform to defend themselves, since everyone knows Sachin has a very strong fan base on both sides of the border, and all his die hard fans are too biased to listen to anything critical of Sachin at all.

Also, only Sachin and Shoaib would know the truth whether whatever Shoaib is speaking is true or not, it is very much possible that Sachin was never hesitant (though I have myself seen him like that, but I am no expert on cricket), but chances are greater that Sachin might have actually been very wary of Shoaib because Shoaib is notorious for continuously bowling really fast balls.

Then comes the match winning part, which Sachin fans would never listen to. But if we give a very close look to the data on Sachin's performance, with respect to the wins he got, Shoaib's allegations appear well founded. Then add to that the previous allegations of Ganguly who openly alleged that Sachin never played for the country, but always for himself. I think Shoaib's taking note of Sachin's pattern is not coincidental, a lot of people did and came to the same conclusion.

Finally BCCI asking Shoaib Akhtar to apologize - Who the heck is BCCI to ask someone to apologize? Shoaib is retired, and BCCI has absolutely no business in whatever he does with his life. Tendulkar has a great sway in BCCI, and we can see where it is coming from, but they forget that dictating someone out of their purview will do nothing more than make them look like a fool.

It is just the case of losing your head when in power.

Back
Top Bottom