What's new

Russian Satellite Hit by Debris from Chinese Anti-Satellite Test

You fail to even comprehend what is the definition of OUTER SPACE. May be thats why you are silent sheep.

But it okey:

Dumbs like you judge the book by it's cover.
I don't need to learn the definitions from you.I was not explaing the definitions to you ,you didn't get the finer points .

Dumbs like you judge the book by it's cover.
I don't need to learn the definitions from you.I was not explaing the definitions to you ,you didn't get the finer points .

Again you are a silent sheep on OUTER SPACE.
I know you choose to be a silenced lamb.
But its okey.

Again you are a silent sheep on OUTER SPACE.
I know you choose to be a silenced lamb.
But its okey.

As if you have done Ph.D. in Outer Space.Now you have completely gone off-topic and wasn't making any sence from beginning either.

As if you have done Ph.D. in Outer Space.Now you have completely gone off-topic and wasn't making any sence from beginning either.

Outer space, or simply space, is the void that exists between celestial bodies, including the Earth

And that void is being talked about where there is debris and is part of OUTER SPACE TREATY!

Mull it over.

^^^We ain't getting anywhere,I am not capable of convincing you.Believe blindly whatever you want to without getting into the details.

Outer Space Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you rebut that then provide credible source.

The very first sentence from "Key Points" section of link you provided:
The Outer Space Treaty represents the basic legal framework of international space law. Among its principles, it bars States Parties to the Treaty from placing nuclear weapons or any other weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the Moon or any other celestial body, or to otherwise station them in outer space.

Is that enough?

ps: Mehboobkz is right. Anything above normal airspace (both navigable and non-navigable~50-62 miles from MSL) is considered outer space.

Ignorant post.No meteors pieces exist in such orbits.All debris came from previous space launches and artificial satellites.Currently all large sized debris(larger than 5 cm) in such orbits which can cause damage to artificial satellites are well documented and tracked 24/7 by space agencies around the world.So there won't be any problem to prove it at all.

Here is a good source about how they do it and how space debris increased after Chinese A-SAT test.

http://images.spaceref.com/news/2009/ODMediaBriefing28Apr09-1.pdf

thanks for info

BTW does ISRO too track such debris? or for it, it depends upon NASA?

On Topic> We should wait till official Russian sources confirm this news

The very first sentence from "Key Points" section of link you provided:

Is that enough?

ps: Mehboobkz is right. Anything above normal airspace (both navigable and non-navigable~50-62 miles from MSL) is considered outer space.

I thought we disagreed on conventional weapon not on nuclear .
You didn' bother to read whole article .There is a hyperlink ”convenational weapons ” in that article.Read that line carefully mate.
Meanwhile I was not differing Mehboobkz on the definition.I knew he had copy pasted that .

It is very possible that fragments may have two motions around earth ,one due to gravitational force of earth other due to momentum acquired after the blast.

Buddy, if thats the case, than isn't is enough a proof to suspect the claim of Chinese sat debris hitting Russian satellite??

The momentum acquired after the the blast must have been very short lived, & after than all debris would have formed there own orbits & settled down. If it din't happened than, than how can it happen 5 years after the test?? Considering the debris now was in influence of earth's gravity only.

Buddy, if thats the case, than isn't is enough a proof to suspect the claim of Chinese sat debris hitting Russian satellite??

The momentum acquired after the the blast must have been very short lived, & after than all debris would have formed there own orbits & settled down. If it din't happened than, than how can it happen 5 years after the test?? Considering the debris now was in influence of earth's gravity only.

Why short- lived ?? In space ther is nothing to resist once you are in motion in the absence of any opposing force, you will remain in motion for ever.
By the UN resolution says in one of the clauses of outer space treaty that 7" States shall be liable for
damage caused by their space
objects; "

Outer Space Treaty

Right now one is not sure but debris can be the cause argument cannot be completely ruled out.
Do you think every thing in space around earth in same orbit has same time-period??
Try to draw analogy from gears that might help you understand how can it hit after 5 years ??I think you are not engineering student, am I right ??

Look at your avatar...you will know who is farting :omghaha:

Well these kind of farts rain down all over india specially in moonsoon season. In our part of country we call it rainy cloud though but as you wish.

It was a working satellite and the time and trajectory are coinciding of the ASAT missile test.

It's called circumstantial evidence, as in "Joe was near the crime scene when the crime happened".

Did Joe do it? did he leave any evidence behind linking him to the crime?

Once again, I am not taking sides either way -- maybe it was the Chinese debris, maybe it wasn't. The point is that the claimant has to prove their case.

No, there is no resist for debris in space even very low gravity. So if any partical gain velocity due to any source than it could maintain that speed for a long time. So it is possible that debris from Chines AST could hit any satellite in its path, as it happen...... And most biggest factor which effect debris is drag not gravitation in space/even near space.

Back
Top Bottom