What's new

Russian Federation Air Force Chief visits PAF HQs, Air Defence Command

i think this is only a confidence building technique or there is a possibility to sell some equipments for new jf 17s

Russian air force chief visits PAF Headquarters

203932.jpg

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - Islamabad—Lieutenant General Viktor Nikolayevich Bondarev Commander-in-Chief, Russian Federation Air Force visited Air Headquarters Islamabad Monday.

It is the first ever visit of Russian Air Chief to Pakistan, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force had his maiden visit to Russia in August 2012, for participation in the International Military Conference.

Lieutenant General Viktor Nikolayevich Bondarev is visiting Pakistan on the invitation of Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force.

The visiting guest paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

Later he called on Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt in his office. Both remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

The delegation also attended a briefing at Air Headquarters on the organization, role and functioning of Pakistan Air Force.

Later in the day, the Russian Delegation visited Air Defence Command, Pakistan Air Force.

The Delegation attended a briefing on the working of Air Defence Command and also visited Air Defence Operation Centre.

On their arrival, the Delegation was received by Air Vice Marshal Ejaz Mahmood Malik, Air Officer Commanding, Air Defence Command, Pakistan Air Force.

Russian air force chief visits PAF Headquarters

It is the first ever visit of Russian Air Chief to Pakistan.

hmmm.......

a Valid point to consider that some thing is cooking, or could be just a PR exercise

anyways he's always welcome to visit PAF and meet the officials too....as this is a step forward and not a step backward :D

Thəorətic Muslim;4163176 said:
Ok P.A.K.I defense fanboys lets start the hypothesis posts on why the Russian came visit PAF HQ.

Possible hypotheses:

SU-30 lets say MKIs to **** off some indians

T-50 PAF needs stealth

SU-35 Navy needs squadron

Aircraft Carrier Navy wants to expand its muscle

The things Pakistan needs frm them are just helis and long range air defence equipments not any fighter jets……ツ
atleast not now and PN don't need aircraft carrier…

RAH ME LAAGA TU LAY HAI BATOO ME....
KUCH OR KHUL JAIN GA CHAND MULAQATOO ME....

Guys I think....its just a relationship building exercise.....previously we were lacking the same with Russians....

GOOD NEWS for PAKISTAN --- Worries for INDIA.......... :pakistan:

This visit is not only just for waste of time.Pakistan must be getting some reward for this Visit.
Would be 150 Russian Engines for JF-17 Thunder Jet,which we demanded in past or any other deal.
Russians knows the importance of Pakistan.
As Our AIR FORCE CHIEF visited last year,They would have signed some sort of defense deal for AIR FORCE.

The things Pakistan needs frm them are just helis and long range air defence equipments not any fighter jets……ツ
atleast not now and PN don't need aircraft carrier…

Actually, Pakistan needs Russian engines for the JF-17 thunder. Right now, most of the Thunders that Pakistan has are using the RD-93 engine, which means that if it comes to the point that the Chinese engine isn't as good as the Chinese claim or if it doesn't go into operation in time, this will give the Pakistanis something to fall back on for future engine choices. There were worries from India in 2010 that Pakistan may get Russian engines to power the Thunder, but Russia rebuffed them and pretty much said "we'll sell our equipment to whomever we want". I'm guessing that this is just a way of reaffirming Russia's engine commitments to Pakistan. I also think the Russians are particularly keen on selling more air force equipment to foreign nations, as they've been suffering a "drought" of sorts because foreign nations are opting to either buy American fighters, or European fighters. This is pretty much proven because Russia sold China the Su-35, because they were desperate enough to override their fears that China was only buying the fighters because of the advanced 117S engines, which they needed to help with the road block they were facing in their development of their engines that powers their 5 gen J-20 and perhaps even the J-31 engines, this desperation was further enhanced by the fact that China only agreed to buy 24 Fighters.

GOOD NEWS for PAKISTAN --- Worries for INDIA.......... :pakistan:

This visit is not only just for waste of time.Pakistan must be getting some reward for this Visit.
Would be 150 Russian Engines for JF-17 Thunder Jet,which we demanded in past or any other deal.
Russians knows the importance of Pakistan.
As Our AIR FORCE CHIEF visited last year,They would have signed some sort of defense deal for AIR FORCE.

I doubt it, I'm guessing that this is only a confidence building visit. This may be a part of Putin's Pakistan "agree to disagree" plan to fully normalize relations.

Russia has already made it clear in the past that Russia was and still is willing to sell Pakistan the RD-93 engines, despite Indian protests, this visit probably just reaffirmed that commitment, nothing more. There was no deal sign, nothing of the sort, just a warming of relations and commitments of the past.

to fall back on for future engine choices. There were worries from India in 2010 that Pakistan may get Russian engines to power the Thunder, but Russia rebuffed them and pretty much said "we'll sell our equipment to whomever we want". I'm guessing that this is just a way of reaffirming Russia's engine commitments to Pakistan.

Russia has already made it clear in the past that Russia was and still is willing to sell Pakistan the RD-93 engines, despite Indian protests, this visit probably just reaffirmed that commitment, nothing more. There was no deal sign, nothing of the sort, just a warming of relations and commitments of the past.

Answering both your pints but specifically the first one wrt Russia "rebuffing" India:

Russia won't arm India's enemies: Dmitry Rogozin - Economic Times

Engines aren't weapons though but if still remains to be seen whether the Indian side cares enough to stage a protest over such sales directly to Pakistan, after all they are only engines and not offensive weaponry.

I highly doubt whether Russia would go through with any such deal for anything to Pakistan if India kicked up enough of a storm. It simply isn't worth it from a purely business point of view.

Answering both your pints but specifically the first one wrt Russia "rebuffing" India:

Russia won't arm India's enemies: Dmitry Rogozin - Economic Times

Engines aren't weapons though but if still remains to be seen whether the Indian side cares enough to stage a protest over such sales directly to Pakistan, after all they are only engines and not offensive weaponry.

I highly doubt whether Russia would go through with any such deal for anything to Pakistan if India kicked up enough of a storm. It simply isn't worth it from a purely business point of view.

India won't kick up a storm, they'd lose face if they did. No one would think highly of India for interfering with Russia's internal matters such as defense acquisitions. This is especially true considering that these are really old engines, so Russia can simply say that they're of no threat to India

I think we need to differential political talk and actions. The Russians are saying that they won't sell to India's enemies, but let's be honest, with the sale of the Su-35 and the 117S engines to China, they're doing exactly that. Not to mention that Pakistan has been receiving the RD-93 engines from the Chinese for a while now for the Thunder, and so far the Russians have kept their word and not interfered with the sales. I think that the recent warming of relations between Pakistan and Russia is just another way to show that Russia is willing to directly give the engines to Pakistan, if t turns out the new WS engines (that are being built to power the future JF-17 thunders) are not as good as the Chinese claim.

Actually, Pakistan needs Russian engines for the JF-17 thunder. Right now, most of the Thunders that Pakistan has are using the RD-93 engine, which means that if it comes to the point that the Chinese engine isn't as good as the Chinese claim or if it doesn't go into operation in time, this will give the Pakistanis something to fall back on for future engine choices. There were worries from India in 2010 that Pakistan may get Russian engines to power the Thunder, but Russia rebuffed them and pretty much said "we'll sell our equipment to whomever we want". I'm guessing that this is just a way of reaffirming Russia's engine commitments to Pakistan. I also think the Russians are particularly keen on selling more air force equipment to foreign nations, as they've been suffering a "drought" of sorts because foreign nations are opting to either buy American fighters, or European fighters. This is pretty much proven because Russia sold China the Su-35, because they were desperate enough to override their fears that China was only buying the fighters because of the advanced 117S engines, which they needed to help with the road block they were facing in their development of their engines that powers their 5 gen J-20 and perhaps even the J-31 engines, this desperation was further enhanced by the fact that China only agreed to buy 24 Fighters.

I doubt it, I'm guessing that this is only a confidence building visit. This may be a part of Putin's Pakistan "agree to disagree" plan to fully normalize relations.

In simple words we need russian enginnes with some other tech right now but in long run we too need attack helis and russian air defence missiles equips and their investment in Pakistan……

The attack helis, yes, other air defense equipment, I don't know about that. Except for AA batteries, helis, and engines, what would Pakistan want to buy from the Russians?

India won't kick up a storm, they'd lose face if they did. No one would think highly of India for interfering with Russia's internal matters such as defense acquisitions. This is especially true considering that these are really old engines, so Russia can simply say that they're of no threat to India

I think we need to differential political talk and actions. The Russians are saying that they won't sell to India's enemies, but let's be honest, with the sale of the Su-35 and the 117S engines to China, they're doing exactly that. Not to mention that Pakistan has been receiving the RD-93 engines from the Chinese for a while now for the Thunder, and so far the Russians have kept their word and not interfered with the sales. I think that the recent warming of relations between Pakistan and Russia is just another way to show that Russia is willing to directly give the engines to Pakistan, if t turns out the new WS engines (that are being built to power the future JF-17 thunders) are not as good as the Chinese claim.

India had never problems with the sale of Su35s to China.

Besides, India can out pressure on Russia by simply move to other sources for military equipment, which will make Russia lose billions and billions of dollars.

India had never problems with the sale of Su35s to China.

Besides, India can out pressure on Russia by simply move to other sources for military equipment, which will make Russia lose billions and billions of dollars.

Which is what Russians are apparently afraid off, and is pushing them over to the Pakistanis.

Actually, India doesn't have a problem with the sale itself, but of it's implications. With the Russians practically handing over 117S engine to the Chinese to take notes from, the Indians are worried the engines of the Su-35 is going to power the J-20 and J-31. Fun fact, the 117S also powers the PAK-FA/FGFA.

Which is what Russians are apparently afraid off, and is pushing them over to the Pakistanis.

Thats not the case since Pakistan cannot outspend India in any way.

Actually, India doesn't have a problem with the sale itself, but of it's implications. With the Russians practically handing over 117S engine to the Chinese to take notes from, the Indians are worried the engines of the Su-35 is going to power the J-20 and J-31. Fun fact, the 117S also powers the PAK-FA/FGFA.

Agree on that.

IMO just a PR visit to tell India "Beta abhi bhi time hai hamara jahaz khareed lu" nothing will come out of this for Pakistan apart from PR building :P

Back
Top Bottom