What's new

Russian Economy is as big as the 4 Asian Tigers are put together

I am pretty sure Russia would be fine even without recourses

for readin 4th graders are the only study released

despite russias economy based on recourses it makes more patents than germany maybe almost 3 times.

University level is BS, according to this the UK should be the uber innovative and smart country because of oxford and other universities they are far away from that. Most of the universities have also foreign students its just for small elites not average person of the countries.

I am unsure what you thought you were accomplishing by reposting the pictures from the video. As I have already shown everyone, your vaunted rankings came from 4th graders. Or am I mistaken and this forum finds that impressive and a worthy measurement?

How on earth is the higher learning tier BS in regards to the national education system, particularly in the background of you talking about 4th graders...

If you want to talk about patents we can do that. Understand the different factors (resident, non resident, abroad, domestic, granted vs filed).

In terms of patents:
Russia (wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/countries/ru.html)
Germany (wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/countries/de.html)
South Korea (wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/countries/kr.html)

Here we can see several things. We can see very few patents granted abroad for Russia, completely opposite for Germany, We can see in regards to patents in force, Germany and South Korea have several times that of Russia.

In regards to the pic itself, it has little meaning. That pic was generated with these parameters about filing offices. If you look carefully you would see those ahead of Russia are Japan, US, China, Korea and Europe. Russia did not do better than other European countries just because they applied to the European office.

Again see Great Britain (wipo.int/ipstats/en/statistics/country_profile/countries/gb.html) as of 2011 had over 270,000 more patents in force than Russia.

A true measure of innovative quality by people of origin would be this.

i.imgur.com/ipmh9X4.png

The true innovators in patents, you can see top the ranks both in their country and abroad. Having your patent granted abroad internationally is the true test, not in your own country.

Look at science, mathematics, and literacy rate. Russian students rank amongst the highest in all levels. Russia also produces some of the highest college graduates per capita.

And most of those rankings are bias and have more to do with prestige factor. In the International collegiate programing contest Russians have dominated.

Russian students have won the competition while facing over 2,300 teams from more then 80 countries. The students from universities that were "ranked" as "top universities" have been beaten by Russian students from universities that were supposedly inferior.

Ironically Saint Petersburg State University hold the record for the most wins of any school. So how is it that Russian universities are beating the #1 ranked schools in the world on a yearly basis?

Again, you do not and that was for 4th graders.

Source for your college graduate per capita claim?

The ranking methodology is clear. If you have an issue please reference a specific section of their methodology that you find in error.

(timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012-13/world-ranking/methodology)

These universities are ranked according to a multitude of factors. Pointing out Russia does well in programming challenges does very little. Also the ACM contest is one among many such contests.

wow, is this a serious comparison? A former super power is now happy with being compared with countries who most people can't even find on a map.

Oh how the mighty has fallen.
@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145270" target="_blank">SUPARCO</a></u>
So why caring about having taiwan if you cant find on a map? Hongkong Singapore are what is new york for america in asia. Without Hongkong and taiwan no one would invest into communist china in the first place. And south korea the country produces List of countries by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaalmost as much cars as germany. Who also has practically a monopoly on shipbuilding industry. And many other industries. Together 4 Asian tigers have 85 Million people more than germany russia has 141 million. You compare old times and do like russias the soviet union but it isnt. It doesnt have the people anymore to be like in the past.

I have seen documentaries on Russia China, and I can say, Russians don't want to work as hard as us, Russia is eastern block so it has no prestige or image, being just over 10k+ per capita it's no where near developed, and working not as hard as us.

Russians work most hours, more than germans japanese and so on
Average annual hours actually worked per worker

They are much more productive than chinese, look at the town heihe has a million people is much smaller than the neighboring russian town. Russians have much less people and are able to sustain their huge country.

Russias gdp per capita is over 20 thousand dollars its almost the same like so called 1st world countries like portugal, greece and saudi arabia
GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Graph

List of Chinese administrative divisions by GDP per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: You Chinese can just dream about having the same. The richest places in china are the coast cities who are used as propaganda to look rich but the rest of the country is pretty much poor. The coast cities have like 56 million people and have gdp per capita of 20 thousand so russia has more people than them and realized the living standard of chinese richest cities while the rest of china can just dream about living in shanghai and bejjing.

Russia economy just isn't a great one. No cheap labour, no innovation at the civilian level, no pretty much anything sans energy. At this point if you are trying to just catch up to China, you are a million miles away from super power status.

No Innovation? Russia is above China in bloombergs Innovation index

Cheap labor lol? I am glad that we dont have this garbage we arent like you having slave mentality for western cooperations. I cant believe your hailing your own exploitation.

We dont try to catch up to china, we just want to have good living standard. Even if russia becomes as rich as japan for example the next day. Russian economy would as big as japan, is japan superpower now? We should rather concentrate on being as productive as possible and having good education. Reaching the level of Asian tigers is a good start for that goal.

People hate the russians because they are barbarians,more asiatic horde minded than european,as Patton put it.
Yeah thats why we are richer and more intelligent than you because we are an asian horde
mathvg.png

The true innovators in patents, you can see top the ranks both in their country and abroad. Having your patent granted abroad internationally is the true test, not in your own country.

Again, you do not and that was for 4th graders.

PIRLS didnt released their study for 8 graders yet and second your patents showing abroad its total patents not how many they do per year. Obviously russia wanst part of western patent system so you compare past achievements from western countries. You can clearly see russian patents abroad is increasing. Many of the patents in russia are also from former soviet union because russia is a saver place to patent your technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expect the russian economy to take a seious dive in the coming years with the nabucco pipeline beeing build and the rise of shale gas in eastern european countries(despite the furious russian sponsored propaganda against them).It's all for the better though,the russians and their influence will grow weaker and weaker,and that's always a good thing,decline of the russian economy will just be an added bonus.

I respectfully disagree with your view. It is in European interest to have good, fruitful relations with the bear up north. It's hard not for European leaders to look at Russia with it's newly appointed czar as a partner on equal footing, but i think once Putin steps down and a more moderate person takes over that doesn't order assasination of journalists or their imprisonment relations will improve.
And if you want to know where the average Russian wants, you can go and take a look at migration records. Most of them moved to the west, mainly UK and USA.

IMHO the benefits of the partnership (maybe friendship sometime in the future) far outweigh the drawbacks. From economy, to security to space exploration.

btw, there is a joint project on going right now, a Mars lander with rover carrying both Euro and Russian instruments. I just hope it will fly on a Euro rocket and not Russian, since lately they have a pretty abysmal record on delivering. :angel:

#edit: oh no, it's going on a Russian Proton rocket. :cry:
#edit 2: Seems it will launch from Kourou so we can hope non Russian scientists examine it all thoroughly before launch.

I respectfully disagree with your view. It is in European interest to have good, fruitful relations with the bear up north. It's hard not for European leaders to look at Russia with it's newly appointed czar as a partner on equal footing, but i think once Putin steps down and a more moderate person takes over that doesn't order assasination of journalists or their imprisonment relations will improve.
And if you want to know where the average Russian wants, you can go and take a look at migration records. Most of them moved to the west, mainly UK and USA.
The Myth of Russia's Brain Drain - Forbes

thats not true more russian citizen go to korea and germany than to canada or the US. Funny how you say russia assassinates its people yet look at your corrupt government how they treat and probably kill their whistle blowers. Bradley Manning could get 150 years for exposing war crimes of the US, nice democracy you have there.

Bradley Manning exposing war crimes of his government could get 150 years and therefor live prison = US true free world no problem by the media

Pussyriot offending religious people and hate crime get two years = Russia is dictatorship, Putins Russia blabla and other media headlines

btw, there is a joint project on going right now, a Mars lander with rover carrying both Euro and Russian instruments. I just hope it will fly on a Euro rocket and not Russian, since lately they have a pretty abysmal record on delivering. :angel:

#edit: oh no, it's going on a Russian Proton rocket. :cry:
#edit 2: Seems it will launch from Kourou so we can hope non Russian scientists examine it all thoroughly before launch.

If youre so much better why is glonass the only competitor to GPS now? All other things like galileo and compass they are not out. ESA chose prtons for a reason and america of course doesnt want to cooperate with the europeans.

@Audio-Ofcourse it would be great to work with the great bear in the north but the russians simply can't be trusted,we tend to forget that they were all to happy to divide Poland with the nazis at the start of ww2,for 300 hundred years they scheamed to conquer Europe and they will not stop now,this is what they do,what they've always done,this is what they follow:

The Will of Peter The Great

As a threat to a democratic Europe the russians are on par with those crazy mullahs and their followers who despise our way of life,i don't think that the russians will ever have democracy in their country they seem to prefer beeing ruled with an iron fist.

@Audio-Ofcourse it would be great to work with the great bear in the north but the russians simply can't be trusted,we tend to forget that they were all to happy to divide Poland with the nazis at the start of ww2,for 300 hundred years they scheamed to conquer Europe and they will not stop now,this is what they do,what they've always done,this is what they follow:

The Will of Peter The Great

As a threat to a democratic Europe the russians are on par with those crazy mullahs and their followers who despise our way of life,i don't think that the russians will ever have democracy in their country they seem to prefer beeing ruled with an iron fist.

Erm, ok, just one thing, in the last 300 years Russians didn't invade Europe, but just the opposite. ie Napoleon, Hitler.

Peter the Great's will i don't take as some sort of evidence, iirc Russian monarchy were all related to European monarchy, maybe he wanted just to look out for the territory he saw his relatives are not using properly?

I'm sort of guessing your opinion comes from the fact Romania was behind the curtain?

I'm sort of guessing your opinion comes from the fact Romania was behind the curtain?

Not only because of that,our experience with the russian duplicity goes way back,in the 19th century for example they were more cruel to their fellow orthodox christians than the muslim ottoman turks.Hitler and Napoloen's campaigns were only an answer to continuous meddling in european affairs by the ruskies.Even now they keep foreign troops in Transnistria(an illegal state) and actively promote anti romanian propaganda in the romanian land called Moldova.
As i've stated in an earlier post my grandfather from my father side was taken by the russians "for questioning" in september 1945 in today's Moldova republic,never to be seen again.I (and the great majority of my countrymen) will never fall for the "civilised,modernised russian" rhetoric.

The Myth of Russia's Brain Drain - Forbes

thats not true more russian citizen go to korea and germany than to canada or the US.

Yeah and? 15 thousand a year to Germany is still alot, especially if you consider these are the people that are fed up with the authoritative Putinocracy.
I admit i did not know that Germany received more Russians then UK, but my opinion was based on a few visits of a certain London night club and several articles i read during the last couple of years.

Funny how you say russia assassinates its people yet look at your corrupt government how they treat and probably kill their whistle blowers. Bradley Manning could get 150 years for exposing war crimes of the US, nice democracy you have there.
Bradley Manning exposing war crimes of his government could get 150 years and therefor live prison = US true free world no problem by the media

Pussyriot offending religious people and hate crime get two years = Russia is dictatorship, Putins Russia blabla and other media headlines

Who did Ana Politkovskaya offend? Please child, stop trying to sell the crap.

List of journalists killed in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take your time, it's a long list. As for Bradley manning, he is deemed in court as a traitor of secrets. He will be trialed fair and square. Now let me remind you what Russia does to traitors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

Lil' bit of polonium to spice it up eh!?

If youre so much better why is glonass the only competitor to GPS now? All other things like galileo and compass they are not out. ESA chose prtons for a reason and america of course doesnt want to cooperate with the europeans.

Don't talk about things you have no clue about.

Proton was chosen because the Americans' pulled out of this project due to James Webb telescope requiring additional funds. However, both NASA and ESA are collaborating on the Orion programme which aims to go back to the Moon and in it's current stage ESA contribution is the service module, basically the entire back side of the craft excluding the engine.

800px-Orion_Service_Module.jpg

Galileo has four satellites up so far reaching the stage that is called in orbit validation, it is already making tests. New launches are planned for 2014.

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Navigation/Galileo_fixes_Europe_s_position_in_history

Not only because of that,our experience with the russian duplicity goes way back,in the 19th century for example they were more cruel to their fellow orthodox christians than the muslim ottoman turks.Hitler and Napoloen's campaigns were only an answer to continuous meddling in european affairs by the ruskies.Even now they keep foreign troops in Transnistria(an illegal state) and actively promote anti romanian propaganda in the romanian land called Moldova.
As i've stated in an earlier post my grandfather from my father side was taken by the russians "for questioning" in september 1945 in today's Moldova republic,never to be seen again.I (and the great majority of my countrymen) will never fall for the "civilised,modernised russian" rhetoric.

Hitler's campaign wasn't an answer to Russian meddling. :P
Moldova was a Soviet Republic, harping about it now that it should belong to Romania won't do any good.
The answer about Transnistria and Russian troops has probably a lot to do with Russian fears about the expansion of NATO. ie expansion to Ukraine. You'll be happy to know they share your opinion of mistrust as well.

From RT: Russia cannot see NATO expansion towards its borders as positive, as under certain circumstances the possibility of military confrontation remains, the Russian PM has said at the Euro-Arctic Council&#8217;s forum.

Russia Has to React if Sweden and Finland Join NATO - Medvedev | Atlantic Council

At some point the stuff that happened 70 years ago will have to be addressed and left in history. Not making it an obstruction towards future.

^^ Obviously he meant through PPP instead of GDP

But then his other statement that US is bigger than China, Russia, Brazil and Asian tiger together will be false. In term of PPP, United States is 15,653 billion and China is 12,383 and the combined GDP by ppp from China, Russia and Brazil well exceed US PPP. Also, India is not bigger than Russia and Brazil combined even when the GDP is in PPP. By IMF estimation in 2012, India GDP in PPP is 4,711 billion, Russia is 2,512 billion and Brazil is 2,366 billion.

Hitler's campaign wasn't an answer to Russian meddling. :P
Moldova was a Soviet Republic, harping about it now that it should belong to Romania won't do any good.
The answer about Transnistria and Russian troops has probably a lot to do with Russian fears about the expansion of NATO. ie expansion to Ukraine. You'll be happy to know they share your opinion of mistrust as well.

Russia Has to React if Sweden and Finland Join NATO - Medvedev | Atlantic Council

At some point the stuff that happened 70 years ago will have to be addressed and left in history. Not making it an obstruction towards future.

1.The USSR would have attacked nazi Germany eventually,it was a preemptive strike.
2.Moldova was russian land only between 1812-1918,and than soviet 1945-1990.It still has romanian majority after 5 decades of soviet murders and deportations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Bucharest_(1812)-first anexation of Moldova
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessarabia#History

Some things just can't be forgotten and moved on,romanian land and romanian people won't be abandoned to the russians just to have a "constructive relationship".We are accused by Russia of beeing the only european nation who refuses to have a civilised political relation with them but this is happenning because so many things have to be adressed before having an honest dialogue:

-Romania wants Gold treasure back from Russia
-stoping their interference in Moldova,and full reunification of that province with Romania
-public apologies for russian agression and crimes during the last two centuries.

You can't trust thieves and murderers.The sooner we end Europe's dependency on russian gas and raw materials,the better.
Ok,i confess that I am biased,my father's family are refugees from Basarabia,we still got the old property papers of their home and lands and once a year I still go there to visit their former home,but wounds don't heal over night.Don't take my opinion as somebody who hates the ruskies but as someone who understands who are we dealing with in reality.

1.The USSR would have attacked nazi Germany eventually,it was a preemptive strike.
2.Moldova was russian land only between 1812-1918,and than soviet 1945-1990.It still has romanian majority after 5 decades of soviet murders and deportations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Bucharest_(1812)-first anexation of Moldova
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessarabia#History

Some things just can't be forgotten and moved on,romanian land and romanian people won't be abandoned to the russians just to have a "constructive relationship".We are accused by Russia of beeing the only european nation who refuses to have a civilised political relation with them but this is happenning because so many things have to be adressed before having an honest dialogue:

-Romania wants Gold treasure back from Russia
-stoping their interference in Moldova,and full reunification of that province with Romania
-public apologies for russian agression and crimes during the last two centuries.

You can't trust thieves and murderers.The sooner we end Europe's dependency on russian gas and raw materials,the better.
Ok,i confess that I am biased,my father's family are refugees from Basarabia,we still got the old property papers of their home and lands and once a year I still go there to visit their former home,but wounds don't heal over night.Don't take my opinion as somebody who hates the ruskies but as someone who understands who are we dealing with in reality.

Hmmm, i see. Didn't know much of it lol.
What do the Moldovans want? It's an independent country. People don't like to give up their independence and submit to far away. There was plenty of time for them to express their wish for a reunification. And if they don't want, there's really nothing you can do, except lobby aggresively.

Now the above is said as from an observer point of view that doesn't know anything about Moldova (relations to neighbours, which political option is in power, opinion of general populace in re to Romania/Russia). Sort of a pragmatic assesment, which may be completely wrong if you for instance say, there was a Russian proxy gov installed for the last 2 decades.

You also should understand their position which comes from Romania joining NATO. It's natural they want to prevent Moldova reunifying with Romania, because that automatically means the NATO "border" to Russia gets closer. And they don't want that lol. Like badly don't want it. This is a core issue for them.
So, in the end, i dont think you will see any Russian compromise on this. I think you will succeed in your version only if you somehow make public opinion towards reunification favourable in Moldova. They will grumble in Moscow but won't be able to do anything.

It's not about communists,the russians were invading barbarians,be they tarists,communist or democratic putinist russians.

:lol: Like how Romania invaded Russia and supplied the nazi war machine with fuel so they can ravage Europe?

Or how Romania fought wars against Hungary? What about Iraq? Or the many other wars you were involved in?

Do you see the irony? Has it at all occurred to you that NATO, the organization Romania is apart of and the organization that Romania pimps itself out to is responsible for starting, escalating, or supporting wars?

And while you accuse Russians of being invading barbarians the top NATO countries are know for colonization and wars. :rolleyes:

This is who they are.No,i won't get over it,neither will my country,hating the russians is our national sport,and for good reasons,future generations must know who the big "orthodox brother",eastern neighbour is and never trust it again.

Get over yourself racist. Some Georgian by the name of Stalin did some things and now Russians are scum. A real man, someone with rational thinking and intelligence can forgive. People that hold grudges, like you, have deep seeded issues and insecurities. The Germans done far worst to russians then what the Russians done to the Romanians, yet it's almost unheard of for Russians to hold grudges against the Germans.

Stop with your soviet propaganda,Romania only attacked in ww2 because you illegally occupied romanian land,Basarabia.

And Did Iraq also illegally occupy Romanian land? Or the 300,000+ Jews that Romania murdered?

People hate the russians because they are barbarians,more asiatic horde minded than european,as Patton put it.

Us barbarians have contributed more to education, science, mathematics, medicine and engineering in a decade than Romania has in all of it's existence.

Now let me remind you what Russia does to traitors:

Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lil' bit of polonium to spice it up eh!?

Yeah after he tried to escape to london, the US would kill Bradley Manning just as well if he would have being able to escape.

Without Russia you wouldnt even be independent in the first place. You say Moldova but its BS, russian troops stay only in Transnistria which is an own region where the majority is slavic people who dont want to belong to romania. You do always like your innocent but you your self behaved like barbarians when moldovia got independence the first thing of course what these chauvanists wanted is abolishing russian language everywhere not even regional language.

You can see how the results would have been in the baltics like estonia for example where russians have not any right for their language, no citizenship and no right to vote.

Back
Top Bottom