What's new

Russia to build maintenance facility in Vietnam's Cam Rahn Bay

Khmer Rouge was puppet of China, the stupid Polpot attacked us first with help of China. We did it reasonably in advance, don't let the bad situation could happen, when we should have to facing with two enemies in 2 front in same time.

We have been withdrawal back when internal community granted neutral policy of Cambodia.

Khmer Rouge wasn't a puppet of China. They were modelled after Mao's China.
They attacked Vietnam because of ancient 'Khmer' land that has been 'stolen' by your people.

Short sighted fool.

Khmer Rouge was puppet of China, the stupid Polpot attacked us first with help of China. We did it reasonably in advance, don't let the bad situation could happen, when we should have to facing with two enemies in 2 front in same time.

We have been withdrawal back when internal community granted neutral policy of Cambodia.
Even Hitler has good excuse for occupying other countries' land. And those brainwashed foolish Germans believe it.

History speaks the loudest. Even with USSR support during time around Sino-Soviet split, the Vietnamese were easily routed by the PLA. The second time will be little different. Does Vietnam honestly believe it can do anything more than irritate China?

1,000 years ? how long you were slaves of Mongolian and Manchus ? and slaves of Japanese recently ? without victory of Soviet army in manchuria and two nukes of USA in Japan, you are still slaves of Japanese now.
I know for sure it is less than Vietnam..ese.

Without help of Soviet, China didn't dared facing with US in Korean war in the past. Don't make stupid things Mr. Ah Q, don't let USA and Russia liberate East Turkistan, Inner Mongolia, Manchuria and Tibet from China.
We ******* go to war regardless of Soviet aid in the Korean War. Learn about the war, my Vietnam...ese friend.

History speaks the loudest. Even with USSR support during time around Sino-Soviet split, the Vietnamese were easily routed by the PLA. The second time will be little different. Does Vietnam honestly believe it can do anything more than irritate China?

What history? PRC propaganda history? :omghaha: If you're referring to the 1979 sino-viet conflict then nearly all non-PRC history will tell you that it is PLA that was routed by the vietnamese. The PLA grunts did well and initially steamrolled through the vietnamese defense. But then the lack of organization and poor strategy made by the PLA top brass allowed the vietnamese to regroup and maul the ocuppying PLA. The PLA grunts were in disarray and their morale hit rock bottom. The only option left was to withdraw without achieving any of the bullsh!t objectives (forcing the Vietnamese out of cambodia, stop the harassment of ethnic chinese in Vietnam, test the russian respond, etc). In other words, the PLA was defeated.

I don't think there will be a second time soon. Remember a few years back when the CCP-backed press warned countries like vietnam about the sound of cannon and gunfire if they don't behave? well, the vietnamese didn't behave like what the CCP ask them to but what do we now get? an invitation for the vietnamese leaders to come visit and a declaration that both country should resolve the dispute peacefully.:omghaha: The CCP is all teeth and no bite. They wouldn't dare touch Vietnam anytime soon.

Khmer Rouge wasn't a puppet of China. They were modelled after Mao's China.
They attacked Vietnam because of ancient 'Khmer' land that has been 'stolen' by your people.

Short sighted fool.

Without chinese advisers and weapons, Khmer Rouge could'n followed provocative attacks on our borders.

Even Hitler has good excuse for occupying other countries' land. And those brainwashed foolish Germans believe it.

How about Manchuria, Xincang East Turkistan, Tibetan, Wuyue, Nanyue, MinYue, Taiwan, ... In ancient time there were many countries independent from Hans.

Brainwashed Chinese believe that there is China land.

Vietnam tried best to get neutral position until China backed Khmer Rouge to attack on our borders (1976-1979). China did first dirty policy against Vietnam to get his hegemony in region and liked to take the position of USA after Vietnam war.

I know for sure it is less than Vietnam..ese.

We ******* go to war regardless of Soviet aid in the Korean War. Learn about the war, my Vietnam...ese friend.

Less or more ? It's a shameful when you are talking about 1,000 years but in reality you were shared same fate in the past and now, when your country men are ruled by Britain, Portugal until 1999 and Taiwan is under protection of USA now.

It's truth, my Chinese ... friends.

Less or more ? It's a shameful when you are talking about 1,000 years but in reality you were shared same fate in the past and now, when your country men are ruled by Britain, Portugal until 1999 and Taiwan is under protection of USA now.

It's truth, my Chinese ... friends.
My Vietnam...ese friend, you might want to review your history book. I don't have the time to teach you. When it comes to shameful and pathetic, Vietnam is at the top of the list.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about for a small country to have been subjugated by a far bigger country. However it is very shameful for a big country to have been subjugated by smaller country, not only once, but numerous times throughout history.

Notice the bigger country was only able to occupy the smaller country for 1000 years during the early days? it's because they were fighting with swords and arrows in those days so victory was determined by the numbers of their soldiers. As technology progressed and victory is determined by strategy and not numbers, that big country begin to loose their ability to subjugate that smaller country and in 1979, the PLA was defeated when they tried to have dinner in Hanoi (and you're delusional if you think the PLA achieved their objective).

What history? PRC propaganda history? :omghaha: If you're referring to the 1979 sino-viet conflict then nearly all non-PRC history will tell you that it is PLA that was routed by the vietnamese. The PLA grunts did well and initially steamrolled through the vietnamese defense. But then the lack of organization and poor strategy made by the PLA top brass allowed the vietnamese to regroup and maul the ocuppying PLA. The PLA grunts were in disarray and their morale hit rock bottom. The only option left was to withdraw without achieving any of the bullsh!t objectives (forcing the Vietnamese out of cambodia, stop the harassment of ethnic chinese in Vietnam, test the russian respond, etc). In other words, the PLA was defeated.

I don't think there will be a second time soon. Remember a few years back when the CCP-backed press warned countries like vietnam about the sound of cannon and gunfire if they don't behave? well, the vietnamese didn't behave like what the CCP ask them to but what do we now get? an invitation for the vietnamese leaders to come visit and a declaration that both country should resolve the dispute peacefully.:omghaha: The CCP is all teeth and no bite. They wouldn't dare touch Vietnam anytime soon.
I hope u r a real Chinese :welcome:

Its so funny that Chinese here still brag that PLA won in 1979 when all Western countries(including US daddy who supported China in 1979) agreed that China lost badly

My Vietnam...ese friend, you might want to review your history book. I don't have the time to teach you. When it comes to shameful and pathetic, Vietnam is at the top of the list.

History book printed in China is fake, has been made to brainwash Chinese people's with full of such "spiritual victory".

We have been fought against 3 super power members in UNSC to protect our independence. :P

I hope u r a real Chinese :welcome:

Its so funny that Chinese here still brag that PLA won in 1979 when all Western countries(including US daddy who supported China in 1979) agreed that China lost badly

Don't think the USA had a dog in that fight, as I remember we kind of liked Vietnam sticking it to the Chinese. American usually support the underdog.

Vietnamese don't know the name of the naval base in Hainan. It's called Yulin Naval Base.

Oh, they don't even know the location of Yulin.

Also, Cam Ranh Bay doesn't have any tunnel systems, compare to Yulin, which can carry a number of submarines, underground.

You are wrong, Tunnel system for fuel, command center ... is a must have
The Russian made even entrance tunnel systems for their nuke sub in Cam Ranh in 80s , that make sense for a deep water naval base, sub no need to raise up to surface when enter the base. The entrance tunnel is invisible because it's under the water level ... not like what you see in Yulin

Hainan-full_tn.jpg

About, Rouge Khmer, Vietnam actually counter attacked to aggressive acts of them in the borders.
We once did the same to China ( under Song's dynasty ) in 11th century.

Who is proud of holding hands of the killers like Rouge Khmer ? Even UN is foolish to consider Rouge Khmer as representative of Cambodia ? Vietnam isn't wrong to terminate the mass-killers while Chinese advisors stay behind them.

For your information, Cambodian people are very different to Laos ... They's not loyal to anybody.

Anyway, current Cambodia govt still say Thanks to Vietnam for saving their population under Khmer Rouge rule

Lý Thường Kiệt was born into a Ngô family in Thăng Long, the capital of Đại Việt. His real name was Ngô Tuấn. His father was a low-ranking general. In 1036, he served the Emperor as a captain in cavalry and later lead the imperial guard force. Because of his bravery, intelligence and loyalty, he was granted a royal name, Lý Thường Kiệt, and given an important position in the Court.

In 1075, Wang Anshi, the prime minister, told the Song Dynasty emperor that Đại Việt was being destroyed by Champa, with less than ten thousand soldiers surviving, hence it would be a good occasion to annex Đại Việt. The Song emperor mobilized troops and passed decrees to forbid all the provinces to trade with Đại Việt. Upon hearing the news, the Lý ruler sent Lý Thường Kiệt and Nùng Tôn Đản with more than 100,000 troops to China to carry out a pre-emptive attack against the Song Dynasty troops. In the ensuing 40-day battle near modern-day Nanning, the Đại Việt troops were victorious, capturing the generals of three Song armies.

In 1076, the Songs formed an alliance with Champa and the Khmer Empire and sent troops to invade Đại Việt. Lý Nhân Tông sent, again, Lý Thường Kiệt. Being one of the many great military strategists of Vietnam, Lý Thường Kiệt had placed spikes under the Như Nguyệt River before tricking the Song troops into the deadly trap, killing more than 1,000 Chinese soldiers and forcing the Chinese to retreat.

Those two glorious victories over the Song stopped their attempt to extend south.

After the victory against the Song, he also led a Vietnamese army to invade Champa two times with big victories.

Lý Thường Kiệt is one of the national heroes of Vietnam.

He died in 1105, at the age of 86

So your most important strategic partner is a country that has sold advanced military hardware to your enemy and help develop their defence industry? :laughcry:

Russia is only your business partner, nothing more. They sell you equipment and build facilities in your country because they make money from you. Like all other business, if they can also earn money from other country, then they would do it too. Now, I wonder if China pays them enough $$$, would they sell China codes from your russian military equipment like they supposedly did to Israel during the Georgian-Russian conflict?
your theoretical assumption is quite provocative, but sure, nothing is impossible. That is one of the reasons why Vietnam continues putting pressure on Russia that we get technology to self produce Yakhont antiship missiles.

And again, Russia has priviledged access to maintenance facility in the bay, that is separated from Vietnamese naval assets. So in the future if at the same time - let say Russia, India and China naval ships want to be refuelled, than we will serve Russian vessels first. All have to pay full price, there is no free lunch at all.

your theoretical assumption is quite provocative, but sure, nothing is impossible. That is one of the reasons why Vietnam continues putting pressure on Russia that we get technology to self produce Yakhont antiship missiles.

And again, Russia has priviledged access to maintenance facility in the bay, that is separated from Vietnamese naval assets. So in the future if at the same time - let say Russia, India and China naval ships want to be refuelled, than we will serve Russian vessels first. All have to pay full price, there is no free lunch at all.

I doubt this giving codes to chinese will happen ,unless Vietnam becomes part of western alliance.

Back
Top Bottom