What's new

Russia Is Willing 2 Sell Fighter Planes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Sidra@Oct 28 2005, 05:48 PM
any idea which type of aircraft link pls
good news paf keep up the good work
[post=1560]Quoted post[/post]​

at best russia would offer us the Mig-29M2 and if russia is actually willing to sell weapons i dont see PAF asking for anything less than the SU-35 but thats my personal opinion only.....but this is just a start lets wait and see what happens

Now since we have a news that Russia "can" sell aircrafts to Pakistan, how about we discuss which fighter we should induct! :evil:

Regards. :laughing:

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 28 2005, 06:06 PM
at best russia would offer us the Mig-29M2 and if russia is actually willing to sell weapons i dont see PAF asking for anything less than the SU-35 but thats my personal opinion only.....but this is just a start lets wait and see what happens
[post=1605]Quoted post[/post]​

Again as Best of the Best said.PAF will not ask anything lower then SU-30s/35s.We can get them at a lower price and maybe even with TOT.Or maybe with the linense to produce them in pakistan, like the MKI is being produced in india.But the main problem is that fighters like SU-35/37{ if ruissa is producing it} can be countered eaisly by Eurofighters and F-22.If we buy SU-35/37then india might just buy eurofighters.

Yes i do know that SU-35/37 are better then eurofighters but eurofighter has better avionces and the 2nd best BVR system after F-22.SU-35/37s have enough mounverabilty to out mounver even the F-22, but their avionces are not that great.

If we somehow could get western avionces, we could fit them in ruissian fighters to make one hell of a plane. :banana:

Coldfire,

Your warning level increased to 20% due to very very immature post followed by Mr. Kaiser. Guys you need to actually read the stuff, rather than posting personal attacks. I know you love your country, but please make some sensible posts with source or at least a refrence.

Regards.

I think Pakistan should get the used Su-27 fleet from Ukraine right now, they can get spares from Russia, and some upgrades w/ the help from China or Russia can make the Su-27s very lethal.

Originally posted by Awais@Oct 28 2005, 04:47 AM
Ashan is right.India is looking else where for their military needs.That's why ruissa offered SU-35's to china.If this news is true then PAF would go for Super flankers, or mig-29s.
[post=1519]Quoted post[/post]​

India is not looking for it's military needs elsewhere. India is still Russia's # 2 Customer (After China) and Russia is India's # 1 vendor.

Now if you look at the recent acquisitions by India then you will easily make out that there was no alternate Russian option for that.

Hawks: - What Russia could offer?
Scorpene: - IN already have Kilo's and are looking beyond that. Amur class are too premature to decide thats why even China has repeated it's orders of Kilo's from Russia.
Phalcon: - Russia already has involvement in it as Israel is not suppose to sell this system to anybody unless permission from Russia and U.S. So both US and Russia are economically benifited from the deal.
MRCA:- Russia's offer is MiG-29 SMT or better known as MiG-29M. Now MiG-29M is an upgraded version of Air Strike Superior MiG-29A/B so again IAF is looking beyond that.

Thanks,

Miro

Also I think the following news sources will be helpful for the further discussion.

Russia eyeing serious chance for deal on MiG-29M : Ivanov

MOSCOW, OCTOBER 15: Upping Moscow’s claim on the prospects of a deal with India on the MiG-29M multi-role fighter jet , Russian Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov has said Russia has a real chance of clinching the multi-billion dollar contract.

Full Article

Plan for fighter aircraft
Russia wants to team up with India

New Delhi, October 12
Russia is keen that India should partner it in developing a fifth-generation fighter aircraft as the defence needs of the two countries are similar. The Kremlin firmly believes that this will speed up the process of developing such an aircraft as pooling of enormous resources will facilitate it a great deal. The US, which is also engaged in producing a fifth-generation fighter aicraft, has already spent close to $ 40 billion. Moscow will only be too keen to have India as a trusted partner in this ambitious endeavour.

Full Article

Thanks,

Miro

India Aims To Develop New Weapons With Russia

Moscow, Russia: India wants to collaborate with Russia in developing new weapons, Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh said Thursday during a visit to Moscow.

We should aim at joint action in military matters and the creation of new weapons, Singh told students during a presentation at the prestigious Moscow Institute of International Relations, Itar-Tass news agency reported.

He cited the development of the Bramos anti-ship cruise missiles for the Indian navy is a good example of their cooperation.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was due to visit Russia in December, said the foreign minister.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, who met with Singh at the Kremlin on Thursday, said the prime minister's visit would be "the key event of the year".

#Source Not Needed#

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 29 2005, 04:34 PM
Coldfire,

Your warning level increased to 20% due to very very immature post followed by Mr. Kaiser. Guys you need to actually read the stuff, rather than posting personal attacks. I know you love your country, but please make some sensible posts with source or at least a refrence.

Regards.
[post=1702]Quoted post[/post]​

i want to also post some decent post , but pls keep in check some kiddo who use some pdf names to describe india , even in india there many funny names that we have about your country which i donot want to use ,

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Oct 31 2005, 01:06 AM
I think Pakistan should get the used Su-27 fleet from Ukraine right now, they can get spares from Russia, and some upgrades w/ the help from China or Russia can make the Su-27s very lethal.
[post=1770]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with you here. I don't think we'll get Russian aircrafts in near future, so best senario is that we take Ukranian SU-27 with mlu from Russia and some avionics from EU, specially france. The aircraft will be afforadble and lethal.
If agreed, it will be a great start for Pak-Russian friendship but alliance is not in the making for a very very long time.

PAF is in urgent need of modernisation and lacks a 4th gen aircraft, SU-27 will boost our capabilities.

As far Mig-29OVT is concerned, its very unlikely that Russia will offer it to Pakistan as it will directly encounter Indian SU-30MKI.
Both have thrust vectoring capability.

Originally posted by Neo@Nov 1 2005, 05:21 PM
I agree with you here. I don't think we'll get Russian aircrafts in near future, so best senario is that we take Ukranian SU-27 with mlu from Russia and some avionics from EU, specially france. The aircraft will be afforadble and lethal.
If agreed, it will be a great start for Pak-Russian friendship but alliance is not in the making for a very very long time.

PAF is in urgent need of modernisation and lacks a 4th gen aircraft, SU-27 will boost our capabilities.

As far Mig-29OVT is concerned, its very unlikely that Russia will offer it to Pakistan as it will directly encounter Indian SU-30MKI.
Both have thrust vectoring capability.
[post=1976]Quoted post[/post]​

Musharraf said the number of F-16s might drop b/c of the price and the EQ, but used Su-27s are cheap especially when they come from a good ally like Ukraine. Honestly, I think it would be cheaper than buying all of those used F-16s and upgrading them to MLU.

its no use to get used SU-27 in my opinion and why would PAF go into all this troble just to get old airfames set infrastructure training etc etc
if you want to buy used SU-27 than why not buy the J-11's from chinese with WS-10A engines.

Russia does sell a lot of arms to india but believe me we are going to get another jet besides the F-16 and the JF-17 thunder and if russia see a contract of 4+ billion dollers it wont mind selling us some of its toy's but than gain PAF's love for western fighters is way to much so lets wait and see what happens lets not forget this is only a start if the article is true. :drunk:

It would be so stupid if PAF buys Su-27 from Ukraine. Do you guys even know if Ukraine has its industry? Aren't those Su-27s from Soviet days? I dont think Russia is giving them spare parts for it. They are probably doing MLU like PAF does, but again it will not provide a good qualtiy like the other fighters would. I would go for J-10 rather than Su-27 from Ukraine any time unless they have a good industry of it, and they are going to provide the latest weaponry with it.

Does China have an export lisence for J-11?

Ahsan, a small number from Ukrain wouldn't be a bad idea. They lack spares but are in pretty good shape due minimum flying hours.
If Russia can guarantee spares supply directly or via China, it would could be a cheap alternative to shorten the gap with PAF.
I'm talking about 18-24 jets.

It would give us some affinity with Russian designs.

J-10 is not ready for export yet and there seem to be technical problems.
But I would love to see it flying in PAF colors :ChinaFlag: :PakistanFlag:

Dear Neo,

I dont think chinese have an export license for J-11, they had a license to produce them back home, but that to they have stopped. They have stopped building J-11s, and i dont know why is that, maybe that is beause the J-10 is better than it or they are having money problems.

China has ordered MK3 variant of Su-30 which is pretty better than Su-30 in range and radar.

SU-30MKK3

Sukhoi Design Bureau is currently developing the Su-30MK3 fighter, which features a new fire-control radar and an improved version of the AL-31 engine. Possible radar options may include the aforementioned Phazotron Zhuk-MS and a new active phased array radar called the “Panda” being developed by the Tikomirov Bureau. This radar could have a 190km range against airborne targets, or 300km against surface ships. Either radar would be able to support usage of the Kh-59MK air-to-surface missile. However, it is not clear whether the PLA would be interested in acquiring any of this model.

Also here is some information.

In mid-2002 SAC revealed its intention to build upgraded multirole version of the J-11 by revealing a mock-up armed with Kh-31P anti-radiation missiles (ARMs) and R-77 AAMs. The mock-up had the number “2001”, perhaps implying that was the year Sukhoi and Shenyang agreed to the upgrade. There appear to be two paths for these upgrades. The first follows the China-funded upgrade programme that Sukhoi is now marketing for other customers. This would give J-11s made before and after 2002 a progressively better radar and attack avionics suite to support advanced anti-air, ground attack and naval attack weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom