What's new

Russia in talks to build another 3 frigates for India

well plans are already afoot, 3 kolkata class destroyers are already under construction with 4 P-15B's to be constructed, Arihant class consists of 4-5 SSBN's + 2 Akula on lease + plans of much bigger & better SSBN/SSGN, IAC-1 + Viky will be inducted with IAC-2 in design phase, as for air wing - navy's air arm will consist of 500 ac in a decade or so, so great times ahead ;)

1st That is total 8. It's not sufficient seeing current situation. 2nd I am talking about SSNs exclusively like Nerpa/Akula. We need 4-5 of these boats(3-4 always on station). 3rd not Vicky or Vikrant, I was talking something like LPD or LHD just like US Marines amphibious boats.
I think these boats should be our priority because they are the real force projectors as well as actors.

It will be benefit for both of us if we order few more .

well even if they give us (or maybe already have) these things are kept secret, remember there is no official GOI word on IAF's base in Tajikistan or listening post of IN in Madagascar, some things are better if they are kept secret ;)

NO article other than defense analysts claims official presence of IAF in Tajikistan whereas the two islands were publicly announced by Mauritius. The GOI has said that they're interested in developing into a holiday resort island. But since there are 2-3 islands in the offer, I have a feeling that Navy might be present there.

NO article other than defense analysts claims official presence of IAF in Tajikistan whereas the two islands were publicly announced by Mauritius. The GOI has said that they're interested in developing into a holiday resort island. But since there are 2-3 islands in the offer, I have a feeling that Navy might be present there.

Well an IAF base in Tajikistan is 100% sure since on a number of occasions officials of both countries have indirectly referred to it. As of Mauritius islands i don't think GOI will disclose anything about it, even if it do get the islands on lease the only thing GOI will say is that they will be turned into holiday resorts while i would not be surprised to see INS viky present there with it's CBG sometime in the future ;)

Back
Top Bottom