What's new

Reuters claims that Pakistani-Americans are masquerading as Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You d surprised. I personally know a few families(muslims) in Lucknow, where the daughter in law is Pakistani. But they are distantly related to each other.

You will find same thing in Indian city of Hyderabad. I even came to know there are a lot of Pakistanis staying there after getting Indian citizenship because of cross border marriage relationships.

Most Indians here are too ashamed of saying they are from India because of all the well known negative stereotypes, in stead they say they are "Desis" hoping to be mistaken for some other nationality.

Desi is a Hindi word for native. You will find more Pakistanis using these words now a days specially in UK.

You will find same thing in Indian city of Hyderabad. I even came to know there are a lot of Pakistanis staying there after getting Indian citizenship because of cross border marriage relationships.

Desi is a Hindi word for native. You will find more Pakistanis using these words now a days specially in UK.

Indians and both Pakistanis use Desi... Personally most Pakistanis consider themselves to be Pakistanis first, but if Indian say if they are Desi then Pakistanis will say yes...

Desi I now know is just a cover up by Indians to not use the word India, as we all know what stereotypes India is jumbled in with, I wouldn't use Indian as my nationality either

When I was in USA a girl was name Shiva... I asked what her nationality was she said Persian... heheh :woot:

Indians and both Pakistanis use Desi... Personally most Pakistanis consider themselves to be Pakistanis first, but if Indian say if they are Desi then Pakistanis will say yes...

Desi I now know is just a cover up by Indians to not use the word India, as we all know what stereotypes India is jumbled in with, I wouldn't use Indian as my nationality either

When I was in USA a girl was name Shiva... I asked what her nationality was she said Persian... heheh :woot:

If her name was sheba.. she is probably not indian. Shiva is a male name.
Indians dont call themselves desi infront of others simply because desi is not a well known word out side south asian community.
Its used only within the south asian community. If an Indian calls himself desi to you, he is accepting you as part of his heritage. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reuters :: I love the way lie :lol::lol:

Alright guys. Let's chill out. Indian trollers wanted to troll. They did what they wanted now relax.

I swear to God her name was shiva... :woot:
google for 1000 hindu boy names. Lol. If you dont trust me.
Is she in an industry where being exotic brings more money? (****/pros?)

In some situations 'desi' word could be more appropriate than Indian.
I was in manchester once (was new to uk then) and asked a 'desi' looking guy, if there is an indian restaurant nearby.
He said there is a pakistani restaurant nearby, I said, yeah , same.
I could have asked for desi restaurant, and my question would have been more accurate.

But If I have to ask a non-desi folk (white?) whether there is a 'desi' restaurant, I might draw blank, 'Indian' restaurant is more appropriate word.

Yes it is a common for Iranian girls to have 'Shiva' as their name, I read this in some news report. It means auspicious in Avestan and Sanskrit.

Muslims, I don't understand how that would matter though. Hindu pakistanis are treated just like Muslim pakistanis.
you are very right here.a punjabi friend of mine was having some verbal fight with some other punjabi and my friend kept calling him jhaangi.later when i asked him what jhangi means he told me that there is a jhang province in pakistan and people who migrated from jhang are called jhangis.

Yes it is a common for Iranian girls to have 'Shiva' as their name, I read this in some news report. It means auspicious in Avestan and Sanskrit.

And it is common for Pakistanis to have Stalin in their name

And it is common for Pakistanis to have Stalin in their name
Some leftist might, not common. But yeah, your 'shiva' mystery has been solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom