What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine our the hurt and dispair of fathers,grandfathers etc must have suffered leaving where they were brought up and were born to start their roots where they felt safer. Doesnt matter what religion you were or are it must have been sheer agony. Nice thread Bilal.

Many of them had a different experience. Many came to Pakistan in search of the supposedly utopian ideal they had helped create. Admittedly, some even came sort of involuntarily, such as my grandmum's two naukaraan.

I'm sure you too would find a long-forgotten kalewaal here courtesy of BH's find-my-distant-relatives-service!

bwahahahahahahhahaha NO i wont because i have no roots not even distant ones in bharat and this thread is more aimed at finding roots in bharat one way or the other.

for finding my kalewaal i have to travel to Afghanistan to Persia to land of the Prophet :) long journey

My origin is Bhatti caste. Bhatti is one of the royal races of Rajputs. The City of Ghazni was named after a brave Bhatti warrior Raja Gaj. Bhati Rajputs were proficient horse riders, marksman and warriors. Their reign spread to the Punjab, Sindh and beyond, to Afghanistan. In Lahore, a monument exists to this day, which is called the Bhati Gate, named so probably because it opens in the direction of the "Sandal Bar", an area ruled by Rai Sandal Khan Bhatti Rajput. Some Bhatti's migrated to Larkana (in Sind, Pakistan) under the name of Bhutto.

Indian Punjab Former CM Capt. Amrinder Singh is also Bhatti, his last name is Sidhu. Other Jat clans claiming Bhatti origin include the Brar, Sahasi, and Manes clans. Today my identity is Sikh Jatt.

I share same ancestral route with Bhutto family in Pakistan.

My origin is Bhatti caste. Bhatti is one of the royal races of Rajputs. The City of Ghazni was named after a brave Bhatti warrior Raja Gaj. Bhati Rajputs were proficient horse riders, marksman and warriors. Their reign spread to the Punjab, Sindh and beyond, to Afghanistan. In Lahore, a monument exists to this day, which is called the Bhati Gate, named so probably because it opens in the direction of the "Sandal Bar", an area ruled by Rai Sandal Khan Bhatti Rajput. Some Bhatti's migrated to Larkana (in Sind, Pakistan) under the name of Bhutto.

Indian Punjab Former CM Capt. Amrinder Singh is also Bhatti, his last name is Sidhu. Other Jat clans claiming Bhatti origin include the Brar, Sahasi, and Manes clans. Today my identity is Sikh Jatt.

200px-Major.AzizBhatti.jpg

Major Raja Aziz Bhatti (1928 - September 10, 1965)[1] (Punjabi, Urdu: عزیز بهٹی) was a Hong Kong-born Pakistan Army's Staff officer who received Pakistan's highest award for valor. He was born in Hong Kong in 1928.[2][3] He moved to Pakistan before it became independent in 1947, living in the village of Ladian, in the district of Gujrat. There he enlisted with the newly formed Pakistani Army and was commissioned to the Punjab Regiment in 1950.

Bhatti's are present in Pakistani Armed Forces in large numbers.

many of my reatives also live in pakistan , during partition my grand father with family migrated to india and made JAMMU their home , we sikhs have suffered the most due to partition , we lost most of our monuments and gurudwaras , i wish to visit lahore once in my life

The Sidhu gotra's connection with Bhatti is unverified. If you are from either one of the Sidhu sub-clans - Brar, Harike, Bhaike etc then you are just that, a Jatt. The connection with Bhatti Rajputs is too far-fetched (at least 700 years old) and unverified.

My mother's great-grandfather was a commander in Mamluk army. After the defeat of Mamluks by Ottomans, he fled to India and settled around Delhi first and later Hyderabad. Started a family and trading in spices and real state. From there, they spread into Middle East and Sindh province of Pakistan as traders and real-estate investors. After the partition, my nana in his early 20's and one of his younger brother moved to Pakistan to take care of family lands and secure the family wealth they bought from India. But later my nana donated all of that to Pakistan government and settled down as a government employee. He later got married into Turk (not turkish from Istanbul) family and started a family.

My Grandfather first came to India as an employe of British Indian state bank. He descended from "Banu Ishaq" which gives us all kind of middle eastern, European, Hebraic, Semitic, what ever your name it ancestory. He was a deeply religious man and in his quest of getting closer to god and first introduction to Muslims in India, He converted to Islam and married a Muslim woman from Southern India (Gujrat). After the partition, at the request of Pakistan government he migrated to Pakistan in 1953 and joined State Bank of Pakistan. My father, and two of his elder brothers were born in India.

So my grandfather ended up having a family in two continents. His English wife in England, who refused to convert but all her children did later in the old age. Subhan Allah, so now all my "gora" cousins are also Muslims.

And his Indian wife with whom he settled in Pakistan and continued to live until his death at the age of 93 in Karachi.

Somehow I know this thread would end up like this. Lol.

Nice try Bilal bhai.

Arab sailors have a long history of visiting India and marrying women of the sub continent..... so even if some one claims Arab heritage... there is a strong chance he still has the blood of the subcontinent in his veins / arteries / capillaries

Yes, originally I do have my roots from Iraq, which then passed onto Iran, which then came to India, & then to Pakistan. My family was not converted from Hinduism to Islam, & we are proud (not boastful) of our Islamic history as well. I do not mean to stir any controversies here on this thread, nor am I saying my experiences are what the average Pakistanis' experiences are. These are my individual 'experiences'. There are Indians that have roots (or their place of birth) in Pakistan, such as Manmohan Singh & Shahrukh Khan, who then show a lot of love & reminiscence for Pakistan, their ancestral home, as well.

How the hell did an iraqi person get so deep inside India?? (Bihar). I can understand the coast, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom