What's new

sorry Sam I guess that would be me, I did write on the reason that I disagree with the post. But the real reason was the language you used describing madrassa's as a wretched place, and some how blaming parents who send there children to these madrassa's. The language you are using here is quite damning. Anyway I can give positive rep points to make it back to you if u want.
Chrome

Oh never you mind mate. Not discussing the issue here.

I'm quite notorious for getting myselves into trouble with my big mouth. Never really learnt the art of keeping quite and prospering instead of blabbering and ending up in trouble.

Ok ladies, stop complaining! Reputation is added or reduced to encourage a member to improve his contribution, thats the sole purpose of it so don't abuse the system!

Roadrunner and Adu, the reputation remarks are personal and meant for your eyes only thats why they only show up in your Personal User CP.
I don't think its anyone elses business.

I think its a good idea to restrict the rights of providing/taking away rep points to the mods. Ho hum. Don't bother. It doesn't matter much anyway.

Jana killed my rep power already. :frown: And left for trolling. :rofl:

:P Webby i dint remember if i had killed your rep power.

I am already back to boost it again :D

Hey Webby and Mods i think this Rep System here have some problems and i think it dosnt cross the one lakh 100,000 points.

Isnt it ?????????

:P Webby i dint remember if i had killed your rep power.

I am already back to boost it again :D

Hey Webby and Mods i think this Rep System here have some problems and i think it dosnt cross the one lakh 100,000 points.

Isnt it ?????????

Lol..Jana dear, worried about your rep maxing out? :azn:

wait so am I ... supposed to make a move by adding to other's rep power?

Well if you consider someone's post valuable or in your view if a post from someone was befiting or you liked it and agree with it you can give reps point to that person.

and if someone likes your post she/he can give you the points but its not neccesary that you must give it to others for getting some.

I think this Rep power system is contrary to the spirit of Debate and discussion ..
we all have different perception and different sensitivity levels ..
let the words and sentences decide the value of speaker and his view .. not the second person ..
and Mods are there to balance things

I think there are senior members and they do Rep someone on the basis of good posts with strong value of the speaker :)

but anyway i think the present system is fine as it is fair anyone can cut or add to the reps of any member.

If the Mods have to decided about Reps it will create doubts and some will accuse them of favouring certain people hence i think Mods should not be burdent with this power.

I think there are senior members and they do Rep someone on the basis of good posts with strong value of the speaker :)

Seniority is not the criteria of Fairness or intellect

but anyway i think the present system is fine as it is fair anyone can cut or add to the reps of any member.
Anyone ?? that cant be fair ever

If the Mods have to decided about Reps it will create doubts and some will accuse them of favouring certain people hence i think Mods should not be burdent with this power.

oops are you questioning Mods fairness ?

Seniority is not the criteria of Fairness or intellect?

every member is allowed to give Reps its not just the senior members and i was talking about the reason why some senior members ( not on the basis of posts but im talking about seniority of intellectual level and age) like that of Sir MurdK, Mustankhan and Sir Ray or Sir S2 or any senior person i dont think so they Rep someone just for nothing.

Dont you have the same power to rep anyone positivly or negatively

oops are you questioning Mods fairness ?

Dont reply like Sir Salim without reading carefully ;)

every member is allowed to give Reps its not just the senior members and i was talking about the reason why some senior members ( not on the basis of posts but im talking about seniority of intellectual level and age) like that of Sir MurdK, Mustankhan and Sir Ray or Sir S2 or any senior person i dont think so they Rep someone just for nothing.

Dont you have the same power to rep anyone positivly or negatively

seniority of intellect - who decides that and how ? ..
Age -- Sorry again its not a criteria of intellect and knowledge .. lets his view decide

and equality is good only when it is limited to opportunity ..

I think members need to be a little less trigger happy with negative reps - This is a discussion forum, so obviously you will come across people with whose opinion you disagree. They might be Indian or Pakistani, and it is abuse if you choose to give negative reps because you disagree with someone. If someone uses derogatory language (abuse, racism, blatant stereotyping etc.), then it might be fine, but if someone simply has a bias towards a particular issue, its not reason enough to deduct rep points.

Think of it as a means of "positive reinforcement" - feel free to rep up someone when you like their posts, but be a lot more restrained when it comes to repping down.

hehehe I have only one person giving me a negative rep and I don't bother giving people reps. I'm too lazy and I don't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom