What's new

Reducing the trust deficit

There can be no realistic chance of any friendship whilst India holds on to Kashmir a Muslim majority state. I used to be relaxed about Indians and have friends who are Indians. But some Indians on this forum have taught me that Pakistanis and Indians can never on a state to state level. It will take some time but with China's assistance Pakistan will split India into several smaller countries and then maybe we can look to a peaceful and prosperous future.

I know we have extremists in Pakistan but its a relatively small percentage. In India a party like BJP that spouts venom against Muslims and Pakistan actually manages to get elected.

url

Please go and look at the requirements of plebiscite in kashmir if pakistan wanted there could have been one. Now there is no chance of a pebliscite, the best possible interim solution is demilitarization on both sides, semi porus borders for kashmir, ease of movement across borders and joint administration of the region and maybe dual citizenship for people from kashmir if desired.

the bottom line is , war is not the solution , India will not wake up tommorow and give kashmir to pakistan, neither will pakistan relinquish kashmir under their control. The best solution is joint administration and creation of special conditions to empower the people in the region.

i wrote earlier,few trolls are given free hand;)

, the best possible interim solution is demilitarization on both sides, semi porus borders for kashmir, ease of movement across borders and joint administration of the region and maybe dual citizenship for people from kashmir if desired.

the bottom line is , war is not the solution , India will not wake up tommorow and give kashmir to pakistan, neither will pakistan relinquish kashmir under their control. The best solution is joint administration and creation of special conditions to empower the people in the region.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say but on top of all that you say I would at some time in the future still want a plebiscite. Maybe we will both have to wait until we have honest leaders who really want to solve the issues

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

yes,no way...we must give kashmir to pakistan.
ab khush ho janaab ..:rolleyes:

No we must allow kashmiris to decide not Pakistanis and Indians. Let them choose. They might even want to go it alone??

I hope to Lord Shiva that you Pakistanis dont accept LoC as IB.

Pakistan and Pakistanis must not rest a second before winning back Kashmir from India.:agree:

All neighbours eg China Pakistan need to simultaneously sort out Indian boundaries

I actually agree with a lot of what you say but on top of all that you say I would at some time in the future still want a plebiscite. Maybe we will both have to wait until we have honest leaders who really want to solve the issues

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

No we must allow kashmiris to decide not Pakistanis and Indians. Let them choose. They might even want to go it alone??

Coming back to reality... although it has a nice ring to it saying kashmiris should decide thier own fate, the truth couldn't be farther away.

For India pakistan and china kashmir holds a strategic importance. Fo india and pakistan it has been a contentious issue. The inclusion of kashmir being a muslim majority in India is important to india to prove its secular ideology , inclusion of kashmir in pakistan bolsters its two nation theory. Not matter if kashmiris want independence or want to join pakistan, or china or uganda, india will not let that happen. Same for kashmir under pakistan will not be given up even if every kashmiri wanted so....

Keep living in denial. Your neighbours with whom you have border problems with will not rest either

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Coming back to reality... although it has a nice ring to it saying kashmiris should decide thier own fate, the truth couldn't be farther away.

For India pakistan and china kashmir holds a strategic importance. Fo india and pakistan it has been a contentious issue. The inclusion of kashmir being a muslim majority in India is important to india to prove its secular ideology , inclusion of kashmir in pakistan bolsters its two nation theory. Not matter if kashmiris want independence or want to join pakistan, or china or uganda, india will not let that happen. Same for kashmir under pakistan will not be given up even if every kashmiri wanted so....

We Indian Pakistanis and Chinese can not deny Kasmiris their rights forever

Keep living in denial. Your neighbours with whom you have border problems with will not rest either

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

We Indian Pakistanis and Chinese can not deny Kasmiris their rights forever

Who is denying the rights, they can enjoy the same rights as every other Indians for J&K and as pakistanis for the area under pakistani rule. I am going a step forward saying they might be given dual rights and priviliges for empowerment.

Independence, you cannot form a an independent kashmir today sandwiched to military giants, any one can one day just walk in and engulf it given the history of the land.

Pakistan has all it waters in kashmir does, it want a third nation called kashmir calling the shots, china to pakistan links are from kashmir, will pakistan let a another nation control it trade routes. Kashmir has borders with two indian states will india let a third nation sit on top of its water resources too.. Realistically speaking it is impossible to carve out a third nation out of kashmir.

As far as ramblings of dividing india into small states... its is wishfull thinking of people oblivious to the reality, if you want to bring in insurgenceis in india to promote your viewpoint, it means you have no idea of the history or maoist insurgence alike. You can continue to be ignorant to the ground realities or can actually learn from this dialogue process

Who is denying the rights, they can enjoy the same rights as every other Indians for J&K and as pakistanis for the area under pakistani rule. I am going a step forward saying they might be given dual rights and priviliges for empowerment.

Independence, you cannot form a an independent kashmir today sandwiched to military giants, any one can one day just walk in and engulf it given the history of the land.

Pakistan has all it waters in kashmir does, it want a third nation called kashmir calling the shots, china to pakistan links are from kashmir, will pakistan let a another nation control it trade routes. Kashmir has borders with two indian states will india let a third nation sit on top of its water resources too.. Realistically speaking it is impossible to carve out a third nation out of kashmir.

As far as ramblings of dividing india into small states... its is wishfull thinking of people oblivious to the reality, if you want to bring in insurgenceis in india to promote your viewpoint, it means you have no idea of the history or maoist insurgence alike. You can wish to ignorant or can actually learn from this dialogue process

Well some of your countrymen love rambling about dividing Pakistan so there is no harm in us wishing the same to India. No matter what you say Pakistan China and India need to let Kashmiris decide their future. I like your idea of offering them duel nationality etc but eventually they must be allowed a say in what they want

Back
Top Bottom