What's new

Red meat lovers have more kidney cancer: Study

NiceFarmer

Reaction score
Red_meat_dangerous.jpg

People who eat lots of red meat may have a higher risk of some types of kidney cancer, according to a US study of thousands of adults.

Researchers writing in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that middle-aged adults who ate the most red meat were 19 percent more likely to be diagnosed with kidney cancer than those who ate the least.

A higher intake of chemicals found in grilled or barbecued meat was also linked to increased risk of the disease.

“Our findings support the dietary recommendations for cancer prevention currently put forth by the American Cancer Society – limit intake of red and processed meats and prepare meat by cooking methods such as baking and broiling,” said lead researcher Carrie Daniel, at the US National Cancer Institute.

Previous studies examining the link between red meat and kidney cancer arrived at mixed conclusions, so Daniel and her colleagues used data from a study of close to 500,000 US adults age 50 or older to take another look at the issue.

The group was surveyed on their dietary habits, including meat consumption, and then followed for an average of nine years to track any new cancer diagnoses.

During that time, about 1,800 of them – less than half a percent – were diagnosed with kidney cancer.

Complete Article: Food and Cuisine

I don't get it with these guys one day they something good for you the next day its bad for you. I think everything in moderation should be the way forward

aaaah...let em say whatever they want... I`ll eat that for my life... these everyday studies are not reliable for my tummy ..:no:

Hyman recently had a full medical check up. When he returned 3 weeks later after the exhaustive lab tests were complete, his doctor said he was doing "fairly well" for his age.

Hyman was obviously a little concerned about that comment and so asked his doctor "Do you think I'll live to be 80, doctor?"

He replied, "Well, do you smoke or drink beer?"
"Oh no", Hyman replied, "I've never done either."

Then the doctor asked, "Do you eat grilled steaks or barbequed ribs?
Hyman replied, "No, I've heard that red meat is very unhealthy."

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf?" asked the doctor.
"No I don't," Hyman replied.

Then the doctor asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or mess with women?"
"No," said Hyman, "I've done none of those things."

The doctor looked at Hyman and said, "Then why do you want to live to be 80?"

I'm suffering from kidney stone and the first thing doctor said to me is to stay away from red meat. Also to cut down on excess consumption of tomato, cabbage and dairy products including eggs.

Hyman recently had a full medical check up. When he returned 3 weeks later after the exhaustive lab tests were complete, his doctor said he was doing "fairly well" for his age.

Hyman was obviously a little concerned about that comment and so asked his doctor "Do you think I'll live to be 80, doctor?"

Well said!

Everything is bad for you now days.

I prefer white meat never been a steak eater.

Another version of the same joke.

A man died and his soul was facing interview with St.Peter.

"Did you smoke" asked St.Peter..."No" said the man

"Did you drink"..."No I cannot stand the smell of it" the man replied

"Did you tried anything funny..you know what I mean" .."No" replied the man

"Then what the f**k were you doing down on Earth"

I'm suffering from kidney stone and the first thing doctor said to me is to stay away from red meat. Also to cut down on excess consumption of tomato, cabbage and dairy products including eggs.
i think that cutting down the natural food is not going to help, but the best way to cure Kidney stones is to drink lots and lots of water and pee lots and lots.

i think that cutting down the natural food is not going to help, but the best way to cure Kidney stones is to drink lots and lots of water and pee lots and lots.

That was the cure prescribed by my Doc also, but the earlier was prevention and its said "Prevention is better than cure".
Anyways no loss for me..never been a red meat lover..Chicken all the way for me even though you guys in TN are causing its price to skyrocket over the Mullaperiyar issue.

Red_meat_dangerous.jpg

BEEF !

gift of nature... nothing will ever come even close to this delicacy.

That was the cure prescribed by my Doc also, but the earlier was prevention and its said "Prevention is better than cure".
Anyways no loss for me..never been a red meat lover..Chicken all the way for me even though you guys in TN are causing its price to skyrocket over the Mullaperiyar issue.
I can not take responsibility for what is happening because of sentiments and propaganda on both sides.
Lets wait for the common commitee report on the strength of the DAM, if it is in favour of Karela I hope that TN will back down and if its in favour of TN lets hope Karela backs down on its amition for a new DAM.

The DAM was estimated for a life span of 60 years during its construction, but you guys know that with modern tech the DAM is reinforced with tons of concrete and is stable so far.

From what I understand kidney problems happen because of high protein diets. It doesn't matter if the protein comes from red meat, eggs, or any other source. Protein is protein.

"People who eat lots of red meat may have a higher risk of some types of kidney cancer, according to a US study of thousands of adults"

Don't eat lot of just take moderate quantity, eating any food in excess could cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom