What's new

Rajoana Hanging case,Punjab on alert,a curious case of Indian system

They should cancel the death penalty and give him life imprisonment instead.
I am too against CAPITAL punishment..............But will you agree if same is applicable to Afsal Guru & Ajmal Kassab.....................
In Democracy & Secular Structure Law cannot deffer between Citizens..............

I am too against CAPITAL punishment..............But will you agree if same is applicable to Afsal Guru & Ajmal Kassab.....................
In Democracy & Secular Structure Law cannot deffer between Citizens..............

As for Kasab, he is not an Indian..secondly what Rajaona did was ostensibly a revenge attacks (Beant Singh was not exactly a saint) what Afzal guru did was war against the country and attacking the heart of democracy with the ultimate aim of aiding Kashmir's secession.

Both are different cases...while Rajaona's sentence can be commuted, Afzal's cannot. There is no point equatin both.

p.s.: Why not citizens be treated differently...when, for example, Muslims can marry four wives and others cannot..As per your claim in a "secular" democracy that should not happen..right ?

If some thing needs to be done is hang all those killed 5000 sikhs in delhi.......everything will be over for ever
l

I agree...Kamalnath, Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler must be hung before this guy.

As for Kasab, he is not an Indian..secondly what Rajaona did was ostensibly a revenge attacks (Beant Singh was not exactly a saint) what Afzal guru did was war against the country and attacking the heart of democracy with the ultimate aim of aiding Kashmir's secession.

Both are different cases...while Rajaona's sentence can be commuted, Afzal's cannot. There is no point equatin both.

p.s.: Why not citizens be treated differently...when, for example, Muslims can marry four wives and others cannot..As per your claim in a "secular" democracy that should not happen..right ?

I agree...Kamalnath, Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler must be hung before this guy.

I am Against CAPITAL Punishment..................Its My personnel View.....This Shows How much Faith Your School of Thoughts have on Indian Judicial System........So you Say Killing a Chief Minister is Not war Against Country..................Who are Saint & Patriots is not decided by some Communal Organisations.............

I too agree with your Last part if you agree that Modi and his associates to should be Hung

I am not against Rajoana hanging, but I feel life term is much better punishment. I don't want killers to die with so much ease and popularity.

Anyways lotsa people dont know anything about him, He was also victim of terrorism. His father was retired army servant, when he was small his father was killed by terrorists for being pro Indian. Thats how he got Punjab Police job in first place, he was B.A. student that time. Higher officials gave him so much power to go after his father's killer but he didnt wanted revenge.

All this changed was when Rajoana's foster parents lost a son and a daughter during terrorism days in Punjab. He was not associated with any terrorist group previously. Only he alone can explain how and when he became a hardliner.

I personally would cancel Afzal Gurus death sentence and give him life imprisonment, as for Kasab tie him in front of an Arjun Tank. He is a not an Indian.

India or I should Indian Government hasn't learnt the art of reconciliation yet. Its been more than 25 years since Khalistan insurgency ended, the Government should have done more for the people affected during the insurgency(both sides) and those affected by the anti-sikh riots.

Khalistan Movement is dead alright but there is still resentment amongst many Sikhs against the government for not punishing the perpetrators of Anti-Sikh riots.

Congress Pary owes an apology to the Sikhs and the Supreme Court of India should punish the people involved in the anti-Sikh riots.

I am Against CAPITAL Punishment..................Its My personnel View.....This Shows How much Faith Your School of Thoughts have on Indian Judicial System........So you Say Killing a Chief Minister is Not war Against Country..................Who are Saint & Patriots is not decided by some Communal Organisations.............

LOL you know nothing about the situation in Punjab and what forced some of them to commit these acts...as I said Beant Singh was not exactly a saint.Read Gentle Typhoon's post below for a better understanding.

I too agree with your Last part if you agree that Modi and his associates to should be Hung

Again you fail at logic. Modi did not lead anyone on the street or exhort people to go house by house to kill people, which Jagdish Tytler did. Anyway leave it..Logic doesnt seem to be your forte.

Whatever the consequences may be, he should be hanged.There is no place for emotions when dealing with people like this.No one should be above the law whosoever he/she is.

Whatever the consequences may be, he should be hanged.There is no place for emotions when dealing with people like this.No one should be above the law whosoever he/she is.

Well, In the name of peace and harmony , Law can take back seat as it did in 1980's in punjab.

LOL you know nothing about the situation in Punjab and what forced some of them to commit these acts...as I said Beant Singh was not exactly a saint.Read Gentle Typhoon's post below for a better understanding.

Again you fail at logic. Modi did not lead anyone on the street or exhort people to go house by house to kill people, which Jagdish Tytler did. Anyway leave it..Logic doesnt seem to be your forte.

So you say .............if I feel you are not a Saint i can kill you and get away with Law.......Lol.........Modi master minded Riots siting in his office with the support of Government Machinery...........Two wrongs doesn't make a right............

No need to hang him and make another Martyr out of a hardliner...Let him enjoy the rest of his life in Jail.. Far too more serious issues are staring at us.

Beant singh was no saint himself.

Today i saw hundred of police men.......diverting the way....i had to cover 5-6 km more:angry:

Just put him in a solitary confinement for the rest of his life, just like those in US..where prisoners are allowed to see daylight for only 2 hours every day.
22 hours , with no sight of another human being and I am sure in about one year he will personally write to President to get him hanged or atleast supply the rope so that he can do it himself.

So you say .............if I feel you are not a Saint i can kill you and get away with Law.......Lol.........Modi master minded Riots siting in his office with the support of Government Machinery...........Two wrongs doesn't make a right............

Is it proved in a court of law?

Extracts from Rajoana's letter to his foster sister shed light on his thoughts and his reasons for not asking for mercy.

“I have fought for my rights all through my life. I do not want to give away my principles for anyone.” – these are Balwant Singh Rajoana’s words.

Rajoana wrote that there was no need for anyone to seek clemency for him. He has also refused to accept any sympathy from the BJP, Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh or from Beant Singh‘s family members.

Rajoana has criticized politicians, especially the Akalis in his letter saying, “I neither trusted them (Akalis) nor believe them as they have failed to get justice from New Delhi. These leaders were mum till date, and suddenly, they are speaking for my clemency.”

“I don’t need any help from blue-turbaned Akali leaders, who have not done anything so far to secure justice for Sikhs. Akali leaders have started speaking up now as they fear that if they don’t, they will lose their support,”

He added: “All know how they have made money and what their reality is. The Akalis should give away blue turbans and instead don khaki turbans for failing to get justice from New Delhi time and again. Akalis are trying to secure sympathy for me from Delhi with folded hands. But history would never forgive them for their failure to secure justice for Sikhs”.

About support offered by Beant Singh family members and Amarinder Singh, Rajoana said he “didn’t want to seek any help from them, who are the representatives of killers”.

Akal Takht gave Rajoana the title of “Jinda Shaheed”. The question is where was Akal Takhat all these years? Why give him the title now? Why didn’t they openly declare their support before? Why make it an issue now? Proving his clarity of mind, Rajoana has refused to accept the title of “Jinda Shaheed” from Akal Takht as well.

“Asking for mercy from them is not even in my distant dreams,” Rajoana said in his letter.

I think his sentence should be commuted to life imprisonment. Since he has already spent 17 years behind bars, this would mean he would be out free very soon. This will help diffuse the tense situation developing in Punjab.

Back
Top Bottom