What's new

Rajnath to spell out BJP’s Afghanistan policy

India's policy does not change based on which party is in power. Our policy is to help Afghan become independent and avoid future scenarios like Kandahar highjackings, while we with other 40 ISAF nations work on that, we will be be grateful to Pakistan, our buffer state for absorbing the shocks.

Regarding the fanboy feel good analyses using words like sinister designs, exploit afghanistan, pakistan can not be eradicated, rise of the extreme right in India etc etc, the less said the better. Such emotional stump speeches are good for getting claps only.

Nothing. It shall have no impact.

A party which has no effective " India Policy' speaking about it policy of another nation is funny.

National politcs at home is guided by development & action . Add corruption to it as well.

BJP has hardly anything to show at national level on these.

BJP and Co is poised to come to power in next elections

What would this mean to Afghan-Indian relations?

It will not be any different from existing policies. Indian foreign policy does not change with change in government. Its predefined and guided by the bureaucracy, more than the politicians. Small mercies due to that.

I have never seen Rajnath speaking in English. It will be interesting to watch him speak..

But BJP will have more or less same Afghan policy like under Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Mostly friendly.

this goes about kashmir too.

Sure. Kashmiris can apply for any country's citizenship. The land belongs to Bharatvarsha since times immemorial.

We cant transfer land based on current preferences of some people. People change their minds too frequently and cannot be relied to take rational decisions.

@third eye @SpArK

I stated earlier that India's Afghan policy will look similar regardless of who wins the election, with minor changes aimed at accomodating politically motivated goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
@third eye @SpArK

I stated earlier that India's Afghan policy will look similar regardless of who wins the election, with minor changes aimed at accomodating politically motivated goals.

India has started supporting Taliban talks already with recent statements by Indian Govt officials.

India will be banking on bigger players' (Iran, Russia) presence or policy if one was there. otherwise it has broken all its eggs by putting in the wrong basket

@third eye @SpArK

Yes, generally there is a complete consensus on external issues. However, going by previous experience, BJP is more active in this area while Congress is a drifter.

Back
Top Bottom