What's new

Raining missiles: India test fires cannon launched laser-guided missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mean time..keep posting the missile's technical data or anything else interesting....

and yes many Pakistani missile tests have failed,but this wasnt one of them..it was meant to be destroyed in boost phase as demo of netcentric warfare...

Can you elaborate on how netcentric warfare causes a missile to deviate 100 of miles away from its target and explode in mid air? Seems to be an entirely new technology that Pakistan has developed of deflecting missiles.

@karan21

Pakistans missile tech is superior to India's, your Army Cheif admitted.

Pakistan tested Shaheen III, and Nasr 2 in 2012, don't talk out of your *** plz, it makes you look retarded.

Shaheen 3 is not even under development. it is just speculated to be under development. So you don't talk out of your ***. The only Pakistani missile that i remember getting tested is the 750 km missile that you tested in response to Agni 5 (5500km) :rofl:. Your missile tech is 1 decade behind ours and your space program 2-3 decades behind ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the usual flight path of Ghauri missile from Tilla Jogian near Jhelum to Taftan in Balochistan..the blue circle is Dadu..

Looks like the safety corridor includes the whole of the country..:lol:

dcylog.jpg

How can pakistan fire its north korean missiles over its country. I mean why not fire into arabian sea. Seriously and as a matter of fact it even goes inside Afghanistan and if it goes wrong it will fall into Iran.

Why B*ching on that issue...let it go. Its offtopic.

No baba I am genuinely interested. Not bitching and pulling legs.

Because the villagers were curious and went there to see the debris...
That test was a capability India has yet to obtain or demonsterate...Neutralizing a Ballistic missile after its been Launched..India cant do it yet.
Pakistan already shown it.

Pakistan hasn't tested any interceptor missile , unless you are talking about the test that took place in your wet dream. Meanwhile , India already has a shield capable of shooting missiles launched from 2000-2500km away and by 2015 , DRDO plans to implement a shield that covers missile launches upto 5000 km away. Pakistan has shown no such capability.

How can pakistan fire its north korean missiles over its country. I mean why not fire into arabian sea. Seriously and as a matter of fact it even goes inside Afghanistan and if it goes wrong it will fall into Iran.

First off the line he is drawing is off..
The missiles fly over kirthar mountains which is least populated area of Pakistan,and part of it comes in Dadu district.
The Blue circle he draws is Dadu city which is far away from the missile firing corridoor..

Why would Pakistan 'test fire' a missile in 2012,it already deployed in the armed forces way back in 2003?
Because it was not the missile being tested...it was thw netcentric warfare which was being tested.
Ghauri is an old expendible missile now and can be used as testing vehicle for other systems.
In this case the missile was instructec to self destruct in boost phase,before the seperation of re-entry vehicle.
At that point the missile was 200 miles or so up,and debris had to fall in a large area from that height.
But remained within unpopulated area as planned,and nobody was killed or no property danaged.

Why Pakistan cannot fire missile in the sea?
Because that will require giving notice to international shipping and creating an exclusion zone by utilizing naval assets...that creates extra fuss,attracts unwanted attention and adds to the cost..
So there there....

First off the line he is drawing is off..
The missiles fly over kirthar mountains which is least populated area of Pakistan,and part of it comes in Dadu district.
The Blue circle he draws is Dadu city which is far away from the missile firing corridoor..

Why would Pakistan 'test fire' a missile in 2012,it already deployed in the armed forces way back in 2003?
Because it was not the missile being tested...it was thw netcentric warfare which was being tested.
Ghauri is an old expendible missile now and can be used as testing vehicle for other systems.
In this case the missile was instructec to self destruct in boost phase,before the seperation of re-entry vehicle.
At that point the missile was 200 miles or so up,and debris had to fall in a large area from that height.
But remained within unpopulated area as planned,and nobody was killed or no property danaged.

Why Pakistan cannot fire missile in the sea?
Because that will require giving notice to international shipping and creating an exclusion zone by utilizing naval assets...that creates extra fuss,attracts unwanted attention and adds to the cost..
So there there....

Thanks for the reply.

It is still populated right. Tests can always go wrong. Sea based testing is the best

And I am still not understanding about the missile blowing up as part of netcentric warfare. I understand launching a inducted missile as part of netcentric warfare exercise but unless you tested a ABM technology why would you blow it up?

Regarding the second bold part. Every country does that so what is a big deal when Pakistan does it. Regarding fuss, you already inform India, the potentially biggest fuss maker as far as Pakistan Missile tests are concerned, about any ballistic missile test so we already know it so I can't think that can be an issue. the very likely reason, and i can be wrong, is that pakistan doesn't have the sea based telemetry to track the trajectory of the missile. If that is the case then you should acquire it.

Simple..because they dont have ship based telemetric capabilities and have to rely on land based radars.

Because it was not the missile being tested...i

Missile firings automatically does not mean test firings. Armed forces routinely fire missiles randomly picked from the production lot to makse sure every thing is functioning. This must be one such thing that went horribly wrong.

I can use chop sticks to have my lunch by my left hand ,can you have your lunch by your left hand ?:rofl:

no, he uses his left hand to serve his other 'end'

again, its isreali's seeker, equipments and spare parts and assembled in India

Israeli LAHAT goes to DRDO and becomes "Indian". :coffee:

images

27CLGM.jpg

images

dude come on if u start comparing everything like that,if u think like that then todays modern fighters jets is a ripoff of wright brother first aircraft.

so somebody has to point a laser at the target?

yes. at terminal stage you have to point laser at target.

I think pakistan also has this kind of missile.
china exported 155mm laser guidet cannon missile since long time.
165255uxrrswssgw0yy79y.jpg

the warhead in this kind of cannon lauched missile is tiny, but die rang can reach 100km with gliding.

Missile firings automatically does not mean test firings. Armed forces routinely fire missiles randomly picked from the production lot to makse sure every thing is functioning. This must be one such thing that went horribly wrong.

That is possible.
But then there is the theory i wrote in my cooment..
Its anybody's guess..
Pakistan is no more open about its wrapons program,as it used to be. So we wont know for sure.
Its another thing that there was a mention of netcentric warfare in ISPR news release about the incident,but no explaination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom