What's new

Rafale and JF-17 Thunder to compete in Serbia.

]Its a political deal[/B]...and the Serb AF will have little input at the end.
Whether Serbia wants to go the US, Euro , Russian or Chinese camps is up for sale.
Then I think Russia should be the clear winner with su-30,with 40 $ million cost....

If all of these feature are offered at low cost then? BMW 7 Series Vs Honda Accord 2010?
Honda Accord can do with much lower cost.
well but then accord must also match the features of the bmw
merely saying if wont do
and even if accord does have all the features of bmw
its performance isnt comparable with the bmw
now coming to serbs
jf17 cant even dream about matching rafale or f-18 feature for feature
let alone its performance vis-a-vis the other contenders

jf17 cant even dream about matching rafale or f-18 feature for feature

Off-coarse! No one is claiming that but cost benefit analysis will be done (if the decision to taken purely on defence needs).
JF-17 is no match to Rafale or F-18 but can meet defence needs of many with very low cost per unit including operating cost.
With economic condition of countries around the globe is shrinking, jets like Thunder (with much higher benefit to cost ratio) will be of great importance in future.

Then I think Russia should be the clear winner with su-30,with 40 $ million cost....

Considering its clout.. it would be. But that also depends on what the serbs can afford.. and on what camp the serbs want to go/stay in.

Su-30K Costed 27 million dollars back in 1998, so it would be close to 40million dollars now.

Su-30MKI costed 51 million dollars in 2007. HAL manufactured Su-30MKI costs 70million dollars(ofcourse this includes the cost of setting up the production line for the first 4.5 generation fighter to be produced 100% by HAL, and it wasn't easy).

How much does a Su-30MKI really cost?

Its best if Serbia goes for Su-35, which unfortunately is not on the list.

Brother, 1 billion euros is equal to 1.30 billion USD not 11.8 billion dollars.

1 Thunder costs 13 million dollars and in 1.30 billion dollars you can buy 100 jf-17s.

I will prefer you jf-17 thunder.

Which thunder u are talking abt? 13million $ , man it will be near 20 to 25 million $ , as it will be block 2 wid true multiple role

Su-30K Costed 27 million dollars back in 1998, so it would be close to 40million dollars now.

Su-30MKI costed 51 million dollars in 2007. HAL manufactured Su-30MKI costs 70million dollars(ofcourse this includes the cost of setting up the production line for the first 4.5 generation fighter to be produced 100% by HAL, and it wasn't easy).

How much does a Su-30MKI really cost?

Its best if Serbia goes for Su-35, which unfortunately is not on the list.
IMNSHO
Su 35 would have been the best choice too
its a true multirole, long ranged, heavy class fighter jet
and it doesnt cost too much.
but given the current contenders
I would pick the rhino

Why is JFT here but not J-10?

Also how can Serbia put JFT in that list? The jet still hasn't fired a bvr.

J-10 is not for global export at the moment. The first and only foreign customer for it is Pakistan.

sure maybe not front of your eyes but i can definetly tell you it has...

Rafale would be stretching Serbia's def budget to breaking point
JF-17 is just not good enough
The logical choice must be F/A 18 Super Hornet

Back
Top Bottom