What's new

Qureshi finally decides to join PTI

you are expecting too much. You think the present govt. are going to offer an honest election?? :devil:

YEs i am expecting free and fair elections and it is the foundation of a revolution. Without that nothing could happen ..

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

you are expecting too much. You think the present govt. are going to offer an honest election?? :devil:

YEs i am expecting free and fair elections and it is the foundation of a revolution. Without that nothing could happen ..

I think you did not get my point. I want PTI to win but the present govt. is surely going to rig this election. If army conducts it; then its a different situation and you can expect a fair election...

I think you did not get my point. I want PTI to win but the present govt. is surely going to rig this election. If army conducts it; then its a different situation and you can expect a fair election...
PPP cant afford fair election and they will win by unfair means but if Army conducted fair election then if Imran wins they will start propaganda that Army supports Imran thats why he win ... so sab golmal hai bahi

PPP cant afford fair election and they will win by unfair means but if Army conducted fair election then if Imran wins they will start propaganda that Army supports Imran thats why he win ... so sab golmal hai bahi

IF he wins, he wont be needing his honesty been cross checked from other means. He can simply get stamp from People of Pakistan by doing good things. But it's all depends upon "IF he wins", there is a long long way ahead...

But qureshi join has atleast clear my mind, "Corrupt or Clean Politician, PTI is looking for WIN in election". And that's a good thing, atleast people expectation will come true. Let's Hope IK can make-up his all promises.

Qureshi will be a great addition: Imran Khan

292012-ShahMehmoodQureshiPHOTOFILE-1321334236-818-640x480.jpg

PTI chief says ex-PPP stalwart will bring a vote bank that his young party lacks. PHOTO:FILE

KARACHI: Shah Mahmood Qureshi will be a great addition if he joins the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf, the party’s chairman Imran Khan has said.

Speaking at Express 24/7’s talk show Witness with Quatrina, he said that Qureshi will bring with him a great deal of political experience and a vote bank that the young party lacked. “Qureshi, like Mian Azhar, is an honest politician and no one could accuse him of corruption.”

However he quickly added that in a country like Pakistan they could not expect to get anyone who was squeaky clean. “You can’t find angels in Pakistan but we will get relatively better stock of politicians in the PTI.”

Though, he said that he would not get any one and every one into the party, “anyone can join the party – well not just anyone, known crooks cannot join PTI but there are shades of grey,” he said.

Terming the core group as an invaluable asset of the party Khan said that the core office bearers who have been there for the past 15 years in the wildernesss the ideological people made up the spine. However they needed people to join the party and for that if they kept too narrow a focus, they would not end up with anyone. Hence they broadened the scope for those who even had ideological differences limited the scope of filtration to financial corruption.

Ending corruption

Khan stressed that his main campaign was to have declare true assets as financial corruption was the root of problems of Pakistan. “If you can get rid of corruption, you can make Pakistan viable”.

In this regard he explained why the politics and the mainstream parties were vying from a status quo. Referring to the Sharif’s he narrated a statement of Interior Minister Rehman Malik following Shehbaz Sharif’s rally on October 28 in Lahore that ‘the Sharif’s ought to be careful as we know about all of the PML-N leaders’ accounts and assets and you do not want to cross that line’. Khan said that the statement brought to fore how the two politically opposing parties had been enjoying their status quo in despite the Supreme Court decision revoking the National Reconciliation Ordinance.

This, Khan said, is where the PTI comes in. He said that only a government that was “clean” and had the will would be the one that would bring laundered money back to Pakistan.

“I earned abroad, but my money is in Pakistan and declared and in my name, however, the only reason that their (Zardari and Nawaz) assets are all outside Pakistan is because they made their money by plundering Pakistan”, the PTI chief alleged.

It is for this reason the PTI was now creating a cell which would unveil the true assets of politicians, he said.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 15th, 2011

Qureshi will be a great addition: Imran Khan – The Express Tribune

This is good news. He will bring a huge vote bank and he didnt give into US pressure like Zardari/GiLani and Sharif brothers did during the Raymond Davis fiasco.

I hope he joins in Imran Khan's party he will be a great addition to a good leadership & gov lets see what the future of Pakistan holds i sure hope better things then now so help us GOD .

Qureshi invites Imran to Ghotki public meeting

ISLAMABAD: Four days before his Ghotki public meeting, Shah Mehmood Qureshi met Mian Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday on his invitation. Ostensibly, a guessing game is still on about his future political alignment — PML-N or PTI.

Qureshi will unveil his future line of action on November 27 at a public meeting in Ghotki, a border district inside Sindh, where he has significant following, both spiritually and politically. Not Nawaz Sharif or Shahbaz Sharif, Imran has been invited to the event and this, in a way, indicates the PTI can be his new political destination. Qureshi insists he will announce his future political alignment in Ghotki.

PTI central information secretary Omar Sarfraz Cheema confirmed the Sunday’s event was Qureshi’s initiative and his party chairman had been invited to it. Cheema also expressed his ignorance about Qureshi’s future plan.

“Please wait for November 27,” he said, when The News approached him on telephone in Lahore.Sources close to the Makhdoom of Multan claim that he is not alone in starting new innings with a new political party and they insisted Qureshi’s most likely choice would be Imran Khan’s PTI.

He will not be alone in making a formal announcement on his new destination but a group of politicians, primarily from southern Punjab, will also do so. A forward bloc that has emerged in the PPP Punjab and supported the former foreign minister is also expected to join the PTI, more likely on November 27.

Needless to say, Qureshi’s new political option is the PTI and his joining the party will arguably be the most significant boost to a party that has set the alarm bells ringing in the PML-N and PPP following its recent Lahore public meeting.

“Let me first make an announcement about my own future. Only then I can try to persuade others to also join me,” said the soft-spoken Qureshi. Asked about his meeting with Nawaz Sharif, he said he met the PML-N leader on his invitation, as both enjoyed cordial relations since long.

He did not agree with this correspondent that during his rendezvous with the PML-N leader, he presented a charter of demands before him. When asked could he be the next chief minister of the Punjab after joining a political party, Qureshi said his future political alignment would be without preconditions or demands. “Had this been the case, I would have not resigned as foreign minister. National interests and prestige is more important to me,” he emphasised.

Qureshi invites Imran to Ghotki public meeting

PTI flags to dominate rally as Imran heads for Ghotki

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf (PTI) has dispatched 5,000 party flags for a public meeting organized by former Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi in Ghotki on Sunday, which he considers as a launching pad for his new politics. “On Saturday, we shipped 5,000 party flags to Ghotki to flutter at the public show, and party Chairman Imran Khan booked the air seat to attend the rally,” a senior PTI leader told The News.

He was of the view that Imran Khan’s going all the way to Ghotki to make his presence at the public meeting left no doubt that Qureshi would associate himself with the PTI. However, he said most of the PTI leaders were not aware of the final decision, which was confined to Imran Khan and some other top leaders. Qureshi, who left the federal cabinet refusing to accept any ministry other than foreign affairs, is putting up his first ever public show in an area, which said to have the largest concentration of his spiritual followers. For his own reasons, he avoided demonstrating such strength in his native Multan district. However, despite the stated presence of his followers in this part of Sindh, neither he nor his brother or father has ever contested election from Ghotki.

The PTI leader said that not only his party’s flags would be prominently on display at the public meeting but a large number of its workers would also attend it. It will be a mix of supporters of Qureshi and PTI, he said. Meanwhile, he said that the old party leaders and workers would be mainly awarded tickets in the next elections. He said only a small section of the candidates would come from the newcomers.

The PTI leader said that the party’s parliamentary board would compose of “ideological people”, who were aligned with it since long and had been unwavering in their commitment.

He said that around thirty new people, who could be the party nominees in the next elections, have so far joined it. Even if all of them are awarded sponsorship, they would form a negligible percentage of nearly 1000 candidates that the party plans to field. The PTI leader said Imran Khan was constantly explaining to the old workers that they would have precedence over the new entrants. He said it has been made clear that no newcomer would be given any major party office and the previous setup would be maintained because these office bearers stood with the party even before Oct 30 public meeting at the Minto Park Lahore.

Citing an example, he said that after addressing a big public meeting in Chakwal organized by Sardar Ghulam Abbas, who joined the party two days back, Imran made it a point to have lunch at the house of the local party organizer despite opposition by some. This, he said, was meant to accord recognition to the committed worker. The PTI leader said that the newcomers would be mostly fielded in the rural constituencies. In the urban areas, new faces would be brought forward; he said adding that the PTI has already covered a lot of ground in the cities. “We are now also focusing on the rural constituencies.”

PTI flags to dominate rally as Imran heads for Ghotki

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Good news that PTI is also focusing on rural areas of Pakistan.

Meray Bhai, PTI intends on fielding a thousand candidates in the next elections. Now if the majority of those candidates are old heavy weights, you'll be just in your criticism but till then we just would have to wait and see.

BTW, I don't see the problem in taking some one in if he's clean. Think about it, back in the day no matter how honest you were, you just had two parties to pick from if you were serious about your political career. Would you protest if let's say Aitezaz Ahsan decides to join PTI ?

You are wrong because Qureshi has credibility and he will be a good addition to PTI Coterie.

Testing the waters: PTI to bring thousands to Qureshi’s Ghotki rally Sunday

KARACHI: The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) may only be “90% sure” that Shah Mehmood Qureshi is joining the party but it will still be attending the former foreign minister’s rally in Ghotki on November 27.

PTI Sindh president Naeemul Haque briefed reporters on Friday about party chief Imran Khan’s upcoming visit. Khan is expected to cross the Sindh border on November 27 and will attend the Ghotki rally. They are estimating that 10,000 to 12,000 supporters from the Punjab and another 5,000 to 7,000 from Sindh will come along. After the Ghotki rally, Khan will visit Sukkur, Larkana and Pir jo Goth, where “influential Sindh leaders” will announce that they have joined the PTI, including a relative of Pir Pagara. Haque also said that Karachi’ites such as Oxford University Press head Ameena Saiyid have joined PTI.

While Khan will not be visiting Karachi on this Sindh tour, he will be in the city a few days prior to the party’s December 25 rally, which he reportedly believes will be bigger than the one in Lahore. According to Haque, “This rally will be a historic one – if not the most, then at least in the top 2. We have submitted an application to the government and expect to receive approval soon.” Haque said that the party does fear that the government may deny permission, but has no concrete information on this front. While no time has been announced for the rally yet, Haque says the party expects Karachi residents will attend, as well as people from Sindh, Punjab and Peshawar. “PTI is the only political party that can bring together people of all ethnic groups,” said Haque.

On Thursday, Christians asked the PTI to change the rally’s date as it coincides with Christmas. However, the party believes that the rally will not cause them any problems or make it difficult for them to reach any church in the vicinity of the rally’s venue. “We have Christians in the party as well and have their support. It is also Quaid-e-Azam’s birthday that day.”

When asked whether the PTI had been in touch with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) or invited it to attend, Haque said, “We have not been in touch with any party.

The MQM is allies with the corrupt Pakistan Peoples Party government and until they stop supporting President Zardari, it will be very difficult to work with them.” The PTI is also preparing for the 2013 elections and expects to have over 60 candidates ready for the National Assembly seats by December.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 26th, 2011

Testing the waters: PTI to bring thousands to Qureshi

Then why has Qureshi invited Imran Khan to his rally in Ghotki and not Ganjay brothers?

yesterday he said I invited everyone. even Marvi is coming...

he I believe made a fool out of PTI. even if he declares he is a constant threat within PTI as a power house of his own..

to q yaar support ker rahe ho imran khan ko, imran khan is just recruiting corrupt people

Back
Top Bottom