What's new

Punjab canal bridges too fragile for Arjun tank : DRDO Chief

indians make me very confuse..

I just can't decide if Arjunk is a bigger failure or Tejas? :lol:

Pakistan must donate some scientists for indians, so that indians can also improve their domestic defence....

indians make me very confuse..I just can't decide if Arjunk is a bigger failure or Tejas? :lol:
Pakistan must donate some scientists for indians, so that indians can also improve their domestic defence....
No need. We already have 128 Arjun MK I in our Armoured division and 128 Arjun MK II to be included soon.

As for Tejas, LSP already cleared many tests and over 1000 sorties, Tejas MK II in pipeline.

As for your engineers, you can have your Water Car Engineer, they are too smart for us. :omghaha:

What you are saying is true. The Ground Pressure of the Arjun in terms of Kg/cm2 is less than the T-90. Which means that will exert less pressure on 'plain ground'. A Bridge is not 'plain ground'. It is itself a 'span of a certain length' suspended on the ends of the span on either piers or end embankments. Which is "point loading" not "area loading" like plain ground. All the weight of the "Tank + Bridge" is now being transmitted through those "loading points that the Bridge Spans" are resting on.

Now let me tell you that the ground pressure of a 60kg woman wearing stilletto heels may be more than the ground pressure of an Arjun Tank ! :D

The only way out may then be to rebuild the Bridges or carry Portable Bridging Eqpt.

Please put yourself in record here on the followings:
How does it fit with Army's GSQR of 840 grams per square cm ground pressure?
Is the DRDO wrong?

Please put yourself in record here on the followings:
How does it fit with Army's GSQR of 840 grams per square cm ground pressure?
Is the DRDO wrong?

Please read my post above (the one that you have quoted) very carefully. Then you will understand why ground pressure is irrelevant in case of the 'Bridges scenario'.

Also read the analogy of the woman wearing stilletto heels, that explains ground pressure in simple terms. And explains the issue of ground pressure of the "Tank + Bridge".

What you are saying is true. The Ground Pressure of the Arjun in terms of Kg/cm2 is less than the T-90. Which means that will exert less pressure on 'plain ground'. A Bridge is not 'plain ground'. It is itself a 'span of a certain length' suspended on the ends of the span on either piers or end embankments. Which is "point loading" not "area loading" like plain ground. All the weight of the "Tank + Bridge" is now being transmitted through those "loading points that the Bridge Spans" are resting on.

Now let me tell you that the ground pressure of a 60kg woman wearing stilletto heels may be more than the ground pressure of an Arjun Tank ! :D

The only way out may then be to rebuild the Bridges or carry Portable Bridging Eqpt.

Finally someone who paid attention in physics class :tup:

Funny kiddo.
128 are already in service and 128 MK2s on order.

Please read my post above (the one that you have quoted) very carefully. Then you will understand why ground pressure is irrelevant in case of the 'Bridges scenario'.

Also read the analogy of the woman wearing stilletto heels, that explains ground pressure in simple terms. And explains the issue of ground pressure of the "Tank + Bridge".

You just found the easy way out.

I had two specific questions on your implicit post. One emanating through our Armed forces, the other from DRDO.

In order for me to debunk you, I have to have these two questions answered. But I am sorry, you just chickened out.

And, as for as re-reading your post - you have no reason to believe that I am a retard or one with a ADD types.

LOL; What is Physics yaar? Studied Physics so long ago, that I'd have to scratch my head to remember....:D

Anyway that is the basis of Engineering and Structural Design. :)

Engineering, physics... etc thats all the same for me :D

You just found the easy way out.

I had two specific questions on your implicit post. One emanating through our Armed forces, the other from DRDO.

In order for me to debunk you, I have to have these two questions answered. But I am sorry, you just chickened out.

And, as for as re-reading your post - you have no reason to believe that I am a retard or one with a ADD types.

WTF are you on about, amigo? Either you did not read my post or you did not understand it!
It has nothing to do with either the Indian Army or DRDO. Its simply Physics/Engineering. Neither the Indian Army or DRDO can over-ride that.

Now you are free to debunk anything that you want to. But think, before attempting to debunk Science.:D
Now just go ahead...............the floor is yours.

Engineering, physics... etc thats all the same for me :D

That is true. But finally it is common sense. That is the father of Science. :D

Its the otherway around guys- the tank is too fragile for crossing the bridges- :whistle:-

tumblr_mgt0u9Hbnl1s3c2xzo1_500.jpg

WTF are you on about, amigo? Either you did not read my post or you did not understand it!
It has nothing to do with either the Indian Army or DRDO. Its simply Physics/Engineering. Neither the Indian Army or DRDO can over-ride that.

Now you are free to debunk anything that you want to. But think, before attempting to debunk Science.:D
Now just go ahead...............the floor is yours.

Your post was akin to boxing in thin air then.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom