What's new

Punjab canal bridges too fragile for Arjun tank : DRDO Chief

In 1.2 billion you can't find observers? anyway i can provide you this service via satellite

We need someone special like you.

And AFAIK 1.2 billion trust his word. It was you who demanded demo. So you should be more than glad to participate :D
No satellite thing don't work in this case. We need you exactly under the bridge so the amount if stress and load should be clearly visible to you :rofl:

^^Gaon wasya Nhi Te luttan Wale Pehle aa gye

So that his work can do the talking....Btw Govt should make sure next should not be suffering from oral diarrhea....This chap has a bad habbit of keeping himself in limelight..

*Pind wasya nahi tay CHOD pehlay hi aagaye

We need someone special like you.

And AFAIK 1.2 billion trust his word. It was you who demanded demo. So you should be more than glad to participate :D
No satellite thing don't work in this case. We need you exactly under the bridge so the amount if stress and load should be clearly visible to you :rofl:

LOL!!! One member alleged that he is suffering for verbal diarrhea and always want to keep him in limelight. You thanked that post means you agreed with it. Now you are saying that 1.2 billion trust on him? Can't it be verbal diarrhea or attempt of getting limelight or extra budget for portable bridges?

LOL!!! One member alleged that he is suffering for verbal diarrhea and always want to keep him in limelight. You thanked that post means you agreed with it. Now you are saying that 1.2 billion trust on him? Can't it be verbal diarrhea or attempt of getting limelight or extra budget for portable bridges?

Yes we do trust his word on problems ;)
And point of those comments were to make him shut up. ( Different thing ) and not to say he was wrong. Pint one post which say he is wrong and canal can carry Arjun ;)

And why are you making so much fuss ??? If you are afraid of being observer just say so ;)

Btw a sincere solution.

Demolish all the bridges of Indian Punjab, then gave the contract to DRDO to build "Super Strong Indigenous" bridges in those places. The bridges need to withstand a weight of 130 tonnes (weight of ARJUN mk-4 to be build in year 2080).

That will be the easiest solution because after a 40-years effort you have build a fantastic piece of engineering, it should not be criticize for some odd bridges.

yes but ground pressure and weight are different aspects buddy
low ground pressure helps the tank to not get bogged down in sand

In 1.2 billion you can't find observers? anyway i can provide you this service via satellite

are yaar we needed it below the tank

As I already said, infra surrounding our western border is more suitable for 45 to 48 ton tank; hence T 90 is natural candidate for role of work-horse tank.

Arjun will be inducted at in small number, around 300-400

What you are saying is true. The Ground Pressure of the Arjun in terms of Kg/cm2 is less than the T-90. Which means that will exert less pressure on 'plain ground'. A Bridge is not 'plain ground'. It is itself a 'span of a certain length' suspended on the ends of the span on either piers or end embankments. Which is "point loading" not "area loading" like plain ground. All the weight of the "Tank + Bridge" is now being transmitted through those "loading points that the Bridge Spans" are resting on.

Now let me tell you that the ground pressure of a 60kg woman wearing stilletto heels may be more than the ground pressure of an Arjun Tank ! :D

The only way out may then be to rebuild the Bridges or carry Portable Bridging Eqpt.

couldn't agree more.

Yes we do trust his word on problems ;)
And point of those comments were to make him shut up. ( Different thing ) and not to say he was wrong. Pint one post which say he is wrong and canal can carry Arjun ;)

And why are you making so much fuss ??? If you are afraid of being observer just say so ;)

You are clutching the straws anyway send me diplomatic visa ;)

You are clutching the straws anyway send me diplomatic visa ;)

Man .... Diplomatic visa ???
Why would you need that I was offering you a full scale safari :rofl:

A nice trek to Kabul..... A decent fight to ME .... So you could do "Toba/Tohba" and again a flight to Nepal..... And a friendly trek to plains of Punjab ;)

I still dont understand when army had issues with 58t arjun mk1 than why the hell they increased the weight to 67t in mk2?

they should have decreased the weight to 50-52t and the 1400hp powerplant was OK

Increase weight was due to adoption of newer/better assoceries of electronics & modification, not due to armor.

Btw a sincere solution.

Demolish all the bridges of Indian Punjab, then gave the contract to DRDO to build "Super Strong Indigenous" bridges in those places. The bridges need to withstand a weight of 130 tonnes (weight of ARJUN mk-4 to be build in year 2080).

That will be the easiest solution because after a 40-years effort you have build a fantastic piece of engineering, it should not be criticize for some odd bridges.

You should be the Pak president cum PM cum Army chief. People like you need to be recognised and given highest respect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom