What's new

PTV wants to be visible in India again

PTV should be visible in pakistan FIRST, then kashmir! I don't think people watch PTV here anymore, do they?
I would beg to say that you shouldn't "oversimplify" things.

Again, you cannot show conclusively that Hinduism was created in a vacuum - there are limitations to what we can know about various civilizations and developments as we go further and further back in time. Therefore to arbitrarily pick one spot in time - when Muslims came to the subcontinent, is flawed.

Nothing exists in a vacuum, therefore nothing is technically foreign.

And cherry picking makes for a biased and flawed definition, one that serves a particular agenda - in this case the Hindutva one.

My point exactly - you are arbitrarily drawing the line to make the Muslim rulers "foreigners" because it suits your agenda, but that has always been how cultures evolve, and civilizations rise and fall. South Asia was no different.

That is a modern narrative, created to give legitimacy to a Hindutva narrative (similar to Ummah), and to give legitimacy to the modern Indian State.

They were not foreigners since India itself was not a single nation but many nations, all of them foreign to each other - and here again we see the arbitrary drawing of lines, to give credence to the Hindutva narrative of a "Indian Civilization" - by cherry picking a boundary for this "Indian Civilization", and then arguing that everything outside it was "foreign".

There is nothing called an "Indian Civilization" - there are various civilizations that occurred in the region called the Indian Subcontinent.

I have never heard of the Indus Valley civilization referred to as a "sub division" - it was a civilization in its own right.

I suppose you were taking notes thousands of years ago on what the influences were. There is no conclusive way to validate that claim.

Do you think that the Greeks influenced nothing when they arrived in what is now Pakistan - the original India?

Its a foreign language because it hasn't been adopted as a mother tongue by a large number of people yet.

Other influences like Islam and Muslim rule were accepted by people as being part of them and their lives, hence it is not "foreign" anymore.

No I don't - I would consider it an English dialect, not an Indian language.

1. Thread is very old, there are lot of new masla threads available :angel:
2. Who said pay for Bhartii channels, stop watching them until they open your channels. It's in your hands
no need to do it as Pakistani Dramas and artists are already in majority of indian homes through Youtube......mostg of the young and educated indian youth is following Pakistani Entertainment (Dramas, Music, & even films now)
PM wants projection of country’s ‘true image’

ISLAMABAD: The information ministry has a key role in perception management and projecting the country’s true image, Prime Minister Imran Khan said during a briefing at the PM Office on Wednesday.

“Keeping up with the pace of a highly sophisticated world of information today, we must safeguard our society from a cultural onslaught that endangers our cultural values, norms and the social fabric,” observed the prime minister.

Information Secretary Sardar Ahmed Nawaz Sukhera gave a presentation regarding the functions of the ministry and its attached departments. The briefing dwelt at length on the affairs of state media broadcasters, including the Pakistan Television Corporation and the Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation.

Prime Minister Imran Khan stressed the need for maintaining impartiality and ordered constitution of a board of directors comprising eminent, honest professionals to oversee administrative and financial affairs of these organisations.

The prime minister called for preparation of a plan for restructuring of PTV in order to transform the organisation from a loss-making entity to a viable body.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Electronic Regulatory Authority issued instructions to all satellite TV channels on Wednesday to review their entertainment and news content in accordance with the Electronic Media Code of Conduct 2015.

The authority asked television channels not to dramatise news items based on crime, sexual abuse and accidents. Entertainment channels have been advised to uphold social, Islamic and ethical values of Pakistani society in their programmes.

Published in Dawn, September 6th, 2018

https://www.dawn.com/news/1431241
lol, y r u going around reviving old threads? p.s according to an indian here, hum tv and ary r available in india

Well i hope they carry on showing the crimes carried out by the indian army in kashmir........thats what you mean by "tone down its content" i assume.

Not gona happen - Freedom of speech kicks-in...

Back
Top Bottom