What's new

PTI to commence Hydro project 20,000MW electricty in Nya Pakistan

thats what i am saying this is a consitutional "error" which would not allow further dams to be built why?
because any dam located b/w boarder of two provinces will become contraversial..kalabagh dam will dispalce a huge amount of people from KPK but they will receive NOTHING as power house is located in punjab. so was the case of ghazi-brotha. so is the case with bhasha which will be slowed down due to these contravery. many other projects like mangla and other in pipeline willc ause enmity between punjab and kashmir, as logically kashmir suffered from mangla but why should punjab benefir?
this idiotic rule has and will hurt pakistan

well i cant prove that punjab actually received the royality..but they did claimed it. meanwhile even in KPK couldnt receive the toyality for past so many years
Wow! whatever doesn't suit you becomes a constitutional error now! Amazing.

u only have to fund 20-25% of project . rest can come from worldbank, asian bank and other donars.
e.g in bhasha dam govt has to spend 3 billion dollars but it refuses to even spend that!!
And as if they will be eagerly waiting just like "countless foreign investors" that PTI promised. WAPDA has the technical skills to handle such projects to let it do its job.

can anyone tell me y pti is not in support of kalabagh dam...i think ik gov in kpk can approve this project and convince kpk people for making this project...

But according to @FaujHistorian we should use those glacial water of rivers wisely and use it only for agri purpose :yay: dont be fool other wise we will not left with water :lol:

I think he is noora league supporter , and lives in lahore

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone tell me y pti is not in support of kalabagh dam...i think ik gov in kpk can approve this project and convince kpk people for making this project...

because it will flood all of nowshera and in due time half of the whole damn valley

Also to the gentlemen thinking it will benefit KPK it will not, all the flooding will happen in KPK while the punjab side will get to have all the royalties. That is why pashtuns hate kalabagh dam.

Don't know what your background is.

I have talked to people who are experts in Pakistani river/canal system.

They say that small hydropower projects can be installed. But getting reliable and consistent energy and connecting that energy to national grid, is not feasible.

$tupid comment.

Please no "childish" jokes.

Fast flow is only one of the factors.

How much water flows on average is another factor.

There is no feasibility in hell, that says Swat river can be used to produce 30,000 MW (even 5,000 MW) on consistent basis to make the per unit price with reasonable range.

peace

OO bhai pehlay daikh to aoo, PC par baith k andazy laga rahay ho , my advice is to please visit that place watch the speed of water flow, 24 hours at same speed

because it will flood all of nowshera and in due time half of the whole damn valley

Also to the gentlemen thinking it will benefit KPK it will not, all the flooding will happen in KPK while the punjab side will get to have all the royalties. That is why pashtuns hate kalabagh dam.
Nowshera will be threatened to flood every year regardless of KBD since the our older dams are dying. It happened in 2010 and WB has already issued warning for this year. It will always be a matter of when.

how come this dam flood nowshehra...and i think punjab is saying that i will not take its royality...

Nowshera will be threatened to flood every year regardless of KBD since the our older dams are dying. It happened in 2010 and WB has already issued warning for this year. It will always be a matter of when.

will PML N start Kala Bagh DAm ??? :D

OO bhai pehlay daikh to aoo, PC par baith k andazy laga rahay ho , my advice is to please visit that place watch the speed of water flow, 24 hours at same speed

Bro yeh Experts just PC par aur google k through analysis kartay hain :D kabhi yeh Mighty Indus River dekh lain Gilgit Baltistan mai tou Khud kahen gy Basha Dam b banao aur Dassu pr Hydro Project b banao :lol:

i want to know how a 200 km away city from Kala bagh Dam will be Submerged by floods every year :victory: Kala bagh is meant to be made on Indus River while Nowsehra surroundings have Kabul river which fells in Indus river :D kindly do tell us logic of submerging :D and secondly how many times flood damaged cities around Tarbela and Mangla DAM ??? :smart: problem with Kala Bagh is it is to be built in punjab :laughcry:

how come this dam flood nowshehra...and i think punjab is saying that i will not take its royality...

Dams have good as well as bad impact on the ecosystem. While it is an excellent tool for flood control by storing excess water and using the same when it is needed; on the negative side, large quantities of water stored over long periods raises underground water table causing water logging and salinity.

Additionally, temperature of water, salt and oxygen distribution may change vertically as a consequence of reservoir formation and nutrient rich sediment washed down from the mountains which covers the land in times of river flooding and leaves a very fertile top soil layer when waters recede, is instead accumulated in the reservoir bottom. Both of these seriously affect fertility of the land in nearby areas.

However, according to the technical experts that I heard on the TV debates, negative effects of Kalabagh dam have been greatly exaggerated. Real reason is that main advantage of the dam will accrue to Punjab and smaller provinces would rather eat grass than let Punjab reap most of the KB’s benefits.

Thus despite the fact that advantages of Kalabagh Dam far outweigh potential negative impact, KB has become a serious threat to the federation and therefore will never be built.

Reminds me a joke the media used to talk about during the Floods in Pakistan back in 2010 when Nowshera was drowned by the Floods and people were saying if Kalabagh couldn't be built because Nowshera will be effected by the Floods then it is already ruined by the Floods without the Kalabagh ever built and there were reports that if the Dam may have been constructed already, it could save the damage worth billions of dollars by storing the excess water in the dam. So you basically wasted more or equal money than total cost of construction for this dam by not building the dam and having the same effect of drowning the city under water that may or may not have happened after the Kalabagh was built. I never bought this argument that such a city would be drowned just because a dam would storage a water for cultivation or generation of electricity. It should technically prevent the floods unless you have to release water from dams due to emergency situation (which is very rare and we already have greater losses by not having the dam at all so does it really matter?)

Severe flooding in Pakistan - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Dams have good as well as bad impact on the ecosystem. While it is an excellent tool for flood control by storing excess water and using the same when it is needed; on the negative side, large quantities of water stored over long periods raises underground water table causing water logging and salinity.

Additionally, temperature of water, salt and oxygen distribution may change vertically as a consequence of reservoir formation and nutrient rich sediment washed down from the mountains which covers the land in times of river flooding and leaves a very fertile top soil layer when waters recede, is instead accumulated in the reservoir bottom. Both of these seriously affect fertility of the land in nearby areas.

However, according to the technical experts that I heard on the TV debates, negative effects of Kalabagh dam have been greatly exaggerated. Real reason is that main advantage of the dam will accrue to Punjab and smaller provinces would rather eat grass than let Punjab reap most of the KB’s benefits.

Thus despite the fact that advantages of Kalabagh Dam far outweigh potential negative impact, KB has become a serious threat to the federation and therefore will never be built.

My dear Niaz Sahib,

As usual an excellent reply.

A minor difference though. Again just mere words nothing else.

you said and I quote: KB has become a serious threat to the federation and therefore will never be built

This is a HUGE overstatement all thanks to our irresponsible commie dominated media.

If KB is build today, or it is not built today, the "perceived" threats to our federation remain the same as far as building the damn is concerned.

In fact I'd beg to state that "by not building the dam", we are losing water supply for agri and the bi-product called electricity. Both of these have short term and long term implications that are far far greater threat to our people than the damned KBD.

Had Zardari or Musharraf in the past or NS/Zardari now go ahead and build the dam, by saying one thing. We'll haev better electricity supply, I seriously doubt, people will be going in the street shouting against KBD or any other dam or anyother scheme that brings more electricity.

Those who overhype KBD as a threat are most likey sitting in an AC room cooled by their personal generator,

or worse

many of the opponents are sitting in far far away lands of EU or USA and thus a mere little "tooti" who may make a lot of noise, but in the end they disappear like the foam in the urinal.

It is time we quit being afraid of few commies and go ahead and start building. We'll see who is "mai ka laal" to come stop the project.

The only important thing I say that Punjab should voluntarily give up the royalty. That amount is tiny compared to the benefits to the industrial and agri sector of Punjab.

peace

Reminds me a joke the media used to talk about during the Floods in Pakistan back in 2010 when Nowshera was drowned by the Floods and people were saying if Kalabagh couldn't be built because Nowshera will be effected by the Floods then it is already ruined by the Floods without the Kalabagh ever built and there were reports that if the Dam may have been constructed already, it could save the damage worth billions of dollars by storing the excess water in the dam. So you basically wasted more or equal money than total cost of construction for this dam by not building the dam and having the same effect of drowning the city under water that may or may not have happened after the Kalabagh was built. I never bought this argument that such a city would be drowned just because a dam would storage a water for cultivation or generation of electricity. It should technically prevent the floods unless you have to release water from dams due to emergency situation (which is very rare and we already have greater losses by not having the dam at all so does it really matter?)

Severe flooding in Pakistan - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Its not just floods, after few years of construction of dam, peshawer valley i.e mardan, swabi, nowshera, charsada and peshawer would be affected by salinity and water logging .....
The population of peshawer valley is 9 million, it is highly dense and its land is highly fertile.
Moreover the lake of the dam will be in KPK ...so its KPK which has to pay all sacrifices for dam....forget sindh, their objections are rediculous...the main issue is between KPK and punjab.
There are hundreds of dams that can be built in KPK and FATA...In my own region there were some talks about kurram tangi dam.
Also we are wary of punjab dominance. Left chashma canal is built , irrigating huge lands of thal desert of punjab while work on right chashma canal for southern districts of KPK never got initiated.

Tumaray bolnay ka andaaz aisa hey jaisay tumara haripur KPK ka hisa nahi hey.
By the way what is your stance on hazara province? I remember imran khan promised soba hazara.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom