What's new

Protests erupt in Bangladesh against Pakistan tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in Saudi Arabia, Bangladeshis are synonymous with stupidity..i found today that there is a touch of reality in this stereotype.

and who takes Saudi's seriously in the first place ???????

Lol who cares Bangladesh, maybe you lost track of how much times you have lost against us :D

17th of April 2012

575906_364025040315625_113517185366413_1037868_1590235966_n.jpg

1161157.jpg

1161166.jpg

1161174.jpg

1161177.jpg

1161159.jpg

Are'nt you overreacting with the title. I don't see any eruption.

I see ten AL guys protesting ( in a nation of 150 Million). How is that BD erupting in protest.

It’s fairly hilarious to see that Pakistanis and Indians seems to be so bothered about this.

The opinions expressed in the protest I would suggest is a majority view, but that view is not culminating from an well of anti-Pakistani invective. Pakistan is not stable is a general world view and it cannot provide 100% security. In respect of the latter point it has to be stressed that no one can its a public event.

To the pakistanis, for Bangladeshis the asia cup is a distant memory. No one care that much. In terms of stoning the WI team bus, it was 2 pebbles and the guy thought he was stoning the Bangladesh team bus. No one was mad at WI, they were disgusted at Bangladeshs capitulation.

The issue here is about Lotus kamal a deeply polarising businessman/politician. He did this deal with PCB independently in order to gain support to get into the board of ICB. This is about furthering his career. The Bangladesh media has picked this up and running with it.

This is an unfortunate and unnecessary debacle that BCB should not have embroiled itself in.

For my two cents the pakistani members who are mouthing off, PCB is begging because you have no other option. I do not think Bangladesh should visit pakistan at this moment in time, because people this is just a game, its not worth putting anyone’s life on the line be it Bangladeshi or pakistani.

A few years ago Bangladesh touring Pakistan would have been a non event, but that is not going to be the case now. The whole scenario has grown in importance beyond cricket and has become a stage for anti-GOP elements to make a statement. Everyone needs to ask themselves if this has gone beyond the game of cricket is it worth it?

God willing nothing will happen if this goes ahead, but what if something does. What is the cost to BCB and PCB? Americans are leaving Afghanistan in a few months one assumes that the region will calm down as their destabilising presence ends. Cricket will return to pakistan then. Bangladesh visiting will not encourage any other team to follow. Its a bad risk for BCB and PCB.

Uhhh yea....

Bangladesh nor BCB are NOT doing Pakistan a favour....if Bangladesh wants a challenge, they can come anytime. To Pakistan, to UAE....anywhere anytime.

To the pakistanis the asia cup is a distant memory. No one care that much. In terms of stoning the WI team bus, it was 2 pebbles and the guy thought he was stoning the Bangladesh team bus. No one was mad at WI, they were disgusted at Bangladeshs capitulation.

Asia Cup? Distant? Dude we won on March 22 2012

Asia Cup? Distant? Dude we won on March 22 2012

to the bengalis, it's a fresh memory.....and obviously some of them (even ones in this thread) are being sore losers but then again, so is their indian boot-licking Prime Minister

You won the Asia Cup, good for you it was a great game congratulation.

But this is not about it. It is about the perception of the safety scenario in Pakistan. If the game was going to be played in dubai lets say, no one would bat an eyelid.

My point is just that, Cricket is only a game. When it becomes more than a sport, transforms from entertainment to a potential political arena than there is something wrong.

As I said it will likely pass though uneventfully but what if it does not???

You won the Asia Cup, good for you it was a great game congratulation.

But this is not about it. It is about the perception of the safety scenario in Pakistan. If the game was going to be played in dubai lets say, no one would bat an eyelid.

My point is just that, Cricket is only a game. When it becomes more than a sport, transforms from entertainment to a potential political arena than there is something wrong.

only it is people like you and your indian buddies who are oh-so-enthusiastically following this 'story' that are turning it into "political arena"

hell - it was that clown woman prime minister of yours that claimed the ISI was involved in Bangladesh failure to secure the victory.

enough said!!!

As I said it will likely pass though uneventfully but what if it does not???

what a stupid question......what if your team's bus pops a tire after hitting a pot-hole on the freeways of Dhaka on the way to the airport, flips, and falls off a bridge......it likely wont happen but what if it does?

Abu Zolfiqar - I do not have any anti pakistani agenda.

But if you look at the situation dispassionately you will see that a cost benefit assessment points to unacceptable levels of risk. Leaving aside what BCB risks think about it for a moment what PCB risks.

It risks super level of scrutiny in terms of safety and security which it cannot possibly guarantee. Even if it goes ahead no one will follow Bangladesh into pakistan. I was today listening to a cricket discussion on the radio with mike atherton, who was saying there is no way England, Australia, South Africa or Newzealand would consider visiting pakistan in the foreseeable future. That leaves the asian block, Srilanka wont visit after last time and India wont to make a political point. WI and ZIM i dont know what their position is . So really no/miminal real benefit to PCB in the medium term.

You are right, something could happen to the Bangladesh bus on the way to the airport but you can bet your bottom ruppie that if the accident happens in Pakistani soil no one will buy that it was just an accident.

I reiterate my point, cricket is only a game. When it becomes more and significance becomes over bloated with other issues one need to consider if it is worth it.

Tell me if you get a single non-AL supporter here in these pictures. They are BAL supporters who hate Pakistan from 1947 14 aug.

Anyway, security concern is valid to some extant but why showing Sandals/footware? Means they are BAL supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom