What's new

President’s Arunachal visit irks China

We can always go back to not accepting their legitimacy.

China has amply demonstrated on how to reverse positions based on your own strengths and others weakness :D

That would only make India look as unreliable as China in the eyes of the World Community. Not a deft move by any standards. It's apparent how much China's neighbours love her for her frequent flip-flops.

In fact, we've even accepted Chinese legitimacy on Tibet. We traded all of Tibet in return to China acknowledging Sikkim as part of India. Great deal, innit?:hang2:
Some chinese oldys regard garbage as treature,too pathetic.

That would only make India look as unreliable as China in the eyes of the World Community. Not a deft move by any standards. It's apparent how much China's neighbours love her for her frequent flip-flops.

Not at all. If you really want to do it, there are always ways and means for doing it too. All very Legit.

Not at all. If you really want to do it, there are always ways and means for doing it too. All very Legit.
What's the leverage we have in that context? We're anyways not going to win over them in any military conflict. In fact, it's solely because of Nehru's stupidity that we even have a border problem with China to begin with.

Mythology are not exactly real history. According to Chinese mythology, Jade Emperor ruled all land between Heaven and Earth.

China had interest but was willingly compromise, so to resolve the border dispute. But Nerul refused, insisted on Machon line, and launched his forward policy.

As far as i understand it is Tawang south of McMahon line that China wants but they claim the whole of Arunachal to use it as a bargaining chip.

Could you be more specific please? Didn't get your similes and metaphors:confused:
Sikkim is far more strategic and wonderful place in whole Himalaya range and Tibet is useless thing if in compare with.

As far as i understand it is Tawang south of McMahon line that China wants but they claim the whole of Arunachal to use it as a bargaining chip.
Not a bargaining chip but our own territory traditional.

Sikkim is far more strategic and wonderful place in whole Himalaya range and Tibet is useless thing if in compare with.

7096 sq kms in exchange for 1,228,400 sq kms ?? If I were China, I'd be pissing my pants and burst my gut laughing at India's stupidity!

Sikkim is lodged between Bhutan and Nepal, two countries that are almost a part of India for all practical purposes. There isn't much strategic depth that Sikkim offers vis-a-vis Tibet.

7096 sq kms in exchange for 1,228,400 sq kms ?? If I were China, I'd be pissing my pants and burst my gut laughing at India's stupidity!

Sikkim is lodged between Bhutan and Nepal, two countries that are almost a part of India for all practical purposes. There isn't much strategic depth that Sikkim offers vis-a-vis Tibet.
OK.Chinese are used to think about strategic things which useless really in any case.

There was no "if..but..." in my post. Merely stating a piece history that so many indians denied.

Logically and factually, Pakistan never belonged to India. British created both India and Pakistan in 1947. Prior to the British, there was no India the country.

In case you are still guessing what the Anglo-Saxons themselves called the region in South Asia that they ruled, here it is: BRITISH INDIA.
Please find a map before 1947 that says British Pakistan and post it here.

Last edited:

Not a bargaining chip but our own territory traditional.

Not really buddy i have already posted a lot of info Arunachal was not traditionally belonging to Tibet it was only for a few centuries that it came under Tibetan influence due to its proximity to Tibet.

@Fattyacids Dude, why do China's boundaries vary so much over the years? Here's a simple animation of it's size through history. I'm sure if every Nation accepted China's logic that historic lands should again be secured in present day, the Mongols must be occupying most of China's Western, Central and Northern areas. And just how far back in History are we talking about here? The Japanese control of Manchuria is part of History too.

China's boundaries over 4000 years

Also, forget India, even Afghanistan and Iran have reason to reclaim large chunks of Pakistan like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, FATA and Balochistan as they historically controlled these lands.

What's the leverage we have in that context? We're anyways not going to win over them in any military conflict. In fact, it's solely because of Nehru's stupidity that we even have a border problem with China to begin with.

The same leverage china gets by issuing stapled visas to Indian citizens from a particular state. :disagree:

Neither is china going to win any military conflict.

Nehru's stupidity is the past. I am talking about the present and the future.

The same leverage china gets by issuing stapled visas to Indian citizens from a particular state. :disagree:

Neither is china going to win any military conflict.

Nehru's stupidity is the past. I am talking about the present and the future.
Well, they can always win large parts of our NE areas and announce a unilateral ceasefire again:undecided:
Firstly, what's so wrong with China issuing a Stapled Visa to AP and JK citizens? As I see it, many nations regularly issue stapled visas for various reasons. Apart from the Indian media, no one else really bothered with it. Secondly, how will us issuing a similar visa to Tibetans change anything at all? Just curious on these aspects. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom