What's new

Post a picture of yourself

In American english, it's known as Viva ( Vai-Vaa)

Last year I completed my bachelor degree. What's your major?

Chemical engineering. What about you?

I mostly use British English but sometimes I mess them up. Mostly in spoken English since it is not my first language.

I should be studying now so I better leave otherwise I am screwed since I have to look closer at some assignments. Might come handy before the final hour. I am nervous as hell. Never experienced anything alike. Can't sleep either. God help me or I will fail badly.

Of course you are. Yet you never posted a photo of yourself so how can we know. I even posted a photo of my leg here which 50 plus users saw months ago.

Are legs disrespectful in middle eastern culture? I will delete my earlier photo in shorts if so...

That is one of a million puns or double entendres in the English language. I have always wondered if other languages have as many as modern English does.

Plenty in "Urdu" language :D

Are legs disrespectful in middle eastern culture? I will delete my earlier photo in shorts if so...

:lol:

@Hazzy997

I don't want to explain that famous discussion. Maybe our Indian friend of a bodybuilder will but I forgot his username. Long story short let us just say that the discussion evolved.:lol::rofl:

No, they are not but if somebody throws a shoe at you it is considered as a great insult. At least in the Arab world.

Not sure about other countries of the region.

It is widely misunderstood by westerns that showing legs are considered disrespectful by muslims . Man can wear shorts, but it should be up to knee and women should cover their legs

Chemical engineering. What about you?

I mostly use British English but sometimes I mess them up. Mostly in spoken English since it is not my first language.

I should be studying now so I better leave otherwise I am screwed since I have to look closer at some assignments. Might come handy before the final hour. I am nervous as hell. Never experienced anything alike. Can't sleep either. God help me or I will fail badly.

Electrical Engg with major in Embedded systems, though what I'm doing now a days is not even remotely related to what I studied :P

It is widely misunderstood by westerns that showing legs are considered disrespectful by muslims . Man can wear shorts, but it should be up to knee and women should cover their legs

Did you know that it is considered disrespectful to enter a Catholic church wearing shorts or even a hat?

Electrical Engg with major in Embedded systems, though what I'm doing now a days is not even remotely related to what I studied :P

Great. Another engineer. The forum is full of us. I don't necessary plan to be tied to my field of study either. In fact I have days where I regret my choice but I guess things are as they are. Anyway have to go otherwise I am really at danger of failing badly especially considering my nerves.

Did you know that it is considered disrespectful to enter a Catholic church wearing shorts or even a hat?

Great. Another engineer. The forum is full of us. I don't necessary plan to be tied to my field of study either. In fact I have days where I regret my choice but I guess things are as they are. Anyway have to go otherwise I am really at danger of failing badly especially considering my nerves.
why do you regret your choice?

Yes but I would say "disrespectful" has slightly different meanings depending on where you are. I have interpreted it to be much more serious/negative when being discussed in a religious matter in conservative Middle East cultures.

Back
Top Bottom