What's new

Poonch uprising and reasons for Pashtun's jihad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your displeasure at pashtuns role in kashmir war, many pakistanis argue that pashtuns are responsible for loss of two third kashmir by not capturing srinagar airfield at time. But still the fact remains that Pashtun tribesmen continuously fought on all fronts of kashmir, including gilgit and skardu, from October 1947 to january 1949 while pakistan army entered into the war in may 1948. Indian army was facing difficult enemy in the form of pashtun tribesmen who were using combination of conventional and guerrilla tactics were involved but indian army began to gain upper hand when Pakistan army entered into the war and took the lead role in late 1948. This writer agrees with me.

Keep in mind that these Pashtun tribesmen were not paid soldiers like Pakistan army and voluntarily decided to aid Kashmiris. None of these tribesmen received medals like raja mohammad sarwar , no monuments or memorials for them, no ceremonies in their memory, no mili naghmay for them......

On October general gracey, angraiz general of pak army, received order from jinnah to enter army into kashmir, your general gracey refused to do so.......this was the condition of your army, headed by an insubordinate angraiz.....in such scenario , without incursion of pashtun tribesmen , the whole azad kashmir would have been part of India.

I don't have any displeasure with Pakistani pakhtuns as most I have met are patriotic Pakistanis and humble, which happens to be the complete opposite of majority of Afghans such as yourself. Secondly the Pakhtuns who went to Kashmir were Pakistanis, and predominantly wazirs and mehsuds, the same pakistanis who mostly get beaten up by Afghan policemen. My point being, you should be making threads about Afghanistan's history, which would be enjoyable for us all to read instead of Pakistan's.

As far as them not getting any medals; to get a war medal, you have to be in the armed forces and in a declared war. That's why no nishan-e-haider have been given to the martyrs of war on terror, because the government hasn't officially declared war. The Pakhtun tribals in this case were a militia and not in the armed forces. Secondly, I have a few Kashmiri friends who migrated after partition, and they all have a grudge against the Pakhtun tribals as they claim that a lot of the militia men were very cruel towards the native muslims, and were involved in murders, robberies, rapes and cutting peoples' noses off. I'm sure a lot of Kashmiris share the same sentiment, hence they might get offended if war medals are offered to the tribal militia. Regardless, most Pakistanis respect the Pakhtuns. It's only the refugees who think of themselves to be superior to everyone else whom we dislike. If you hate Pakistan so much, better go back to your own country or some other country.

I think over all Sikhs have been unjustly blamed for all the violence in 1947. In east Punjab yes, but how can Sikhs be responsible for violence that took place in J&K state when Sikhs were less than 4% of the entire population?

Dogras were hindus afaik.

@Pak-one glad you opened this thread as Indians think Pakistan just sent Pashtuns tribes into Kashmir but the reality is just as you presented it. Only after news of the dogra slaughtering Muslims reached Pakistan did the tribes invade Kashmir.

I am also shocked to learn Pakistan prevented Pashtun tribes from going to East Punjab, horrible mistake on their part and could have saved thousands of Muslim lives while at the same time putting Sikhs back into their place.

ya but this was a response to the hindus being killed by the muslim league in Punjab between Lahore & Rawalpindi.

I don't have any displeasure with Pakistani pakhtuns as most I have met are patriotic Pakistanis and humble, which happens to be the complete opposite of majority of Afghans such as yourself. Secondly the Pakhtuns who went to Kashmir were Pakistanis, and predominantly wazirs and mehsuds, the same pakistanis who mostly get beaten up by Afghan policemen. My point being, you should be making threads about Afghanistan's history, which would be enjoyable for us all to read instead of Pakistan's.

As far as them not getting any medals; to get a war medal, you have to be in the armed forces and in a declared war. That's why no nishan-e-haider have been given to the martyrs of war on terror, because the government hasn't officially declared war. The Pakhtun tribals in this case were a militia and not in the armed forces. Secondly, I have a few Kashmiri friends who migrated after partition, and they all have a grudge against the Pakhtun tribals as they claim that a lot of the militia men were very cruel towards the native muslims, and were involved in murders, robberies, rapes and cutting peoples' noses off. I'm sure a lot of Kashmiris share the same sentiment, hence they might get offended if war medals are offered to the tribal militia. Regardless, most Pakistanis respect the Pakhtuns. It's only the refugees who think of themselves to be superior to everyone else whom we dislike. If you hate Pakistan so much, better go back to your own country or some other country.
Its your claim that kashmiris have grudge against pakhtuns, who according to you, killed, robbed and raped kashmiri muslims, and cut their noses. The kashmiris that i have met, praise pashtuns for aiding them in 1947-48.
Your claims are indian claims, that were made in 1947, to cover up jammu genocide, dismiss occurance of poonch rebellion and to justify military action

Reactions: waz
If I had my way I would send all dogras on a deserted Island. :P
Sorry but Dogras are not Pandits. They know how to fight.

On topic - Please continue, I need a good laugh at the intellectual jugglery on display.

no it is showing mirror week.

@Pak-one Nice thread indeed. For most Indians history about Kashmir starts from tribal invasion and totally ignore the incidents before the invasion. You just showed them a mirror and proved how much bogus their position is on Kashmir issue.
I repeat - we are like this. If you have a problem... come and take it.

Its your claim that kashmiris have grudge against pakhtuns, who according to you, killed, robbed and raped kashmiri muslims, and cut their noses. The kashmiris that i have met, praise pashtuns for aiding them in 1947-48.
Your claims are indian claims, that were made in 1947, to cover up jammu genocide, dismiss occurance of poonch rebellion and to justify military action
I have seen families whose kids have been kidnapped by militants also having a soft spot for the militants in my life. I have seen Muslim neighbors refusing shelter to a Hindu police officer in South Srinagar - the same person who used to run an orphanage for Muslim kids from his own father's pension. I can't explain, but I find this lack of hate rather unsurprising.

Perhaps the hate for us non Muslims over powers the rest - I don't know.

Sorry but Dogras are not Pandits. They know how to fight.

On topic - Please continue, I need a good laugh at the intellectual jugglery on display.

I repeat - we are like this. If you have a problem... come and take it.

I have seen families whose kids have been kidnapped by militants also having a soft spot for the militants in my life. I have seen Muslim neighbors refusing shelter to a Hindu police officer in South Srinagar - the same person who used to run an orphanage for Muslim kids from his own father's pension. I can't explain, but I find this lack of hate rather unsurprising.

Perhaps the hate for us non Muslims over powers the rest - I don't know.
You are kashmiri?

Merely by speaking kashmiri language you dont qualify racially kashmiri, your posts show that you are hindu and no hindu is racially kashmiri they all look like UP bihari bhayyas which they racially are
Ah su, kyaz neh? Of course of course. That's why we did not leave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom