What's new

PLZ-45 self proplled Howitzer's tech transferred to Bangladesh ! ! !

Why is that? What's the secrecy for?

100 km, are you frikkin kidding me, max. range for 155mm round is about 50 km's

A couple a days ago Prothom Alo sent a letter to the military demanding to know the list of stuff bought for 4billion dollars ....they denied stating security reasons.....Hasina went to Belarus and and signed treaties including military cooperation(Belarusian media and their state media also reported it) later Hasina and the military denied any such military cooperation treaty.

Public ae shob jinish jaane ki korbe, @BDforever pagla cheler moton kotha korche aar kichu na.

Look, India and Pakistan are always at the cold war. So, it is natural for these countries to divulge more than they have actually acquired. We are not in war with any country.

Prothom Alo cannot have all the sensitive military purchase news. Our DGFI will suspect the editors and writers if they interfere with military purchase matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, India and Pakistan are always at the cold war. So, it is natural for these countries to divulge more than they have actually acquired. We are not in war with any country.

Prothom Alo cannot have all the sensitive military purchase news. Our DGFI will suspect the editors and writers if they interfere with military purchase matters.

eProthomAlo

Yesterday's Prothom Alo...The Army sent a letter!Check it out on the first page!

eProthomAlo

Yesterday's Prothom Alo...The Army sent a letter!Check it out on the first page!

You see, DGFI has indirectly warned Prothom Alo not to speak too loud about military procurement matters. Neither any branche of the armed forces nor the govt usually speak about procurement matters.

Other countries should understand that BD has good security reasons to keep all these information under wraps.

Most of the arms purchased were showed in 16 December parades. Only these SP guns were not seen! Which again brings the question - were they even purchased?

And regarding secrecy, I'm not sure whats that secrecy is all about. If the US Navy can maintain FB pages for each of their warships, why can't we even tell our people what we bought with their hard-earned money? In other countries, parliamentarians debate on defence policies. Its not about cutting funding, its about taking care of the country's interests. If there is no concrete defence policy, how can we be certain that thousands of crore taka is being spent behind the right thing? e.g. there should be a justification for buying SP guns from Serbia, rather than another country. They should tell why Nora B-52 is better for this country. I don't think our foreign rivals would be dumb enough not to how many units we've bought. You can keep the placement/deployment of these guns secret, but number of units bought? No.... I'm not convinced. I paid for it; I need to know.

And regarding secrecy, I'm not sure whats that secrecy is all about. If the US Navy can maintain FB pages for each of their warships, why can't we even tell our people what we bought with their hard-earned money? In other countries, parliamentarians debate on defence policies. Its not about cutting funding, its about taking care of the country's interests. If there is no concrete defence policy, how can we be certain that thousands of crore taka is being spent behind the right thing? e.g. there should be a justification for buying SP guns from Serbia, rather than another country. They should tell why Nora B-52 is better for this country. I don't think our foreign rivals would be dumb enough not to how many units we've bought. You can keep the placement/deployment of these guns secret, but number of units bought? No.... I'm not convinced. I paid for it; I need to know.

I was curious about the Serbian arms purchase as well. I didn't see any correlation whatsoever.

Some say that there is corruption behind these deals, and are often not transparent. Let alone accountability. Though, there isn't much solid proof of such.

What's wrong with the Archer? Or the G-6? Just examples from which we could have alternatively gotten against the Nora.

Actually I have nothing against the Nora. I just pulled it up as a hypothetical example. The point is, there isn't enough transparency to prove that there was no illegal activity behind the scenes. This also doesn't mean that there definitely was corruption. Just the very fact that the info weren't disclosed makes it a bit fishy. So, why make it fishy? Our competing neighours know we bought these. Why do we hide this from our own people? Are we the enemies of the state??

All corrupt deals. The army generals are kept happy by these deals...our military is a joke

The item has to be practical for parade as well. We never saw a BN frigate in parade!!!! so what?
SP howitzer is not a frigate or F7 fighter that it can't be paraded!

The item has to be practical for parade as well. We never saw a BN frigate in parade!!!! so what?
SP howitzer is not a frigate or F7 fighter that it can't be paraded!

You fly them over people's head......they call em fly pasts.....have you seen the mig29s??Comparing a F7 to a frigate!!.....How many times have you seen Type59s in the parade??How many times have you seen MLRS in our parades??

I mentioned a frigate to talk about practicality. A fly past is a fly past. You can't see any details while an aircraft whizzes past at high speed. You can't figure our whether it was a BGI or and older MB. The point is not this, and I don't want to debate on this silly topic. The point is, the Nora SP howitzers were never officially inducted and was never in the news, except for AL billboards!!
The BGIs were officially inducted by the PM. So were the fire-finding radars, MBT-2000s, FM-90s, and almost all Navy units. Few items were never inducted officially, one of them is SP howitzers, another is MLRS.

Back
Top Bottom