What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

That will be hopefully when Hindostan gets some guts.

That will depend upon whether we again get this stupid Kangress govt in 2014 or not. But really, when do you see pakistan becoming energy surplus and based on what?

Thats nice...:tup:

What:woot:

Panthaplave. Just 1 Km from Devi temple...where you are from??

Not comfortable saying that in this platform. But quite near. I cut across through pattazhy to reach kottarakara via mylom--every weekend. I know panthaplave by the way :rofl:

Not comfortable saying that in this platform. But quite near. I cut across through pattazhy to reach kottarakara via mylom--every weekend. I know panthaplave by the way :rofl:

Nice to hear that...I wish we will meet one day..:cheers:

Hyderabad : In summer there were power cuts for 2-4 hours per day. Normal days no power cuts in inside the city. But there were power cuts in Jeedimetla (Industrial area) every monday.
In my village(rural) : Summer is worse with 6-12 hours of power cut. Normal days may be 2-4 hours of power cut.

Dayumm is hard to believe. I left India for Canada in 2009 and at that there were power cuts of 2-3 hours per day. Things has changed in a big way it seems. Any more from north and east India???

bro jalandhar aa jaa wapis....koi power cut ni hota ab!!......exept for days when they hav to transfer electricity to farmers........
else it been a month or 2 that i hav seen a power cut here.........!!:)
to else
my city: jalandhar,punjab
electricity situation: no powwer cuts faced from a 1 0r 2 months.......sometimes maxpowercut is of 1 or 2 hours in days when govt allocated more electricity to farms when they face low rainfall(elec is reqd for tubewell for watering crops).....the situation has been normal like this from 3 years otherwise 3 years ag we used to face 4- 6 hour powercut!

bro jalandhar aa jaa wapis....koi power cut ni hota ab!!......exept for days when they hav to transfer electricity to farmers........
else it been a month or 2 that i hav seen a power cut here.........!!:)
to else
my city: jalandhar,punjab
electricity situation: no powwer cuts faced from a 1 0r 2 months.......sometimes maxpowercut is of 1 or 2 hours in days when govt allocated more electricity to farms when they face low rainfall(elec is reqd for tubewell for watering crops).....the situation has been normal like this from 3 years otherwise 3 years ag we used to face 4- 6 hour powercut!
Thanks for a great update man. Let me finish off my engineering I will be back to India and never leave it again. Jalandhar is always my hometown.

Thanks for a great update man. Let me finish off my engineering I will be back to India and never leave it again. Jalandhar is always my hometown.

hmm u coming back nd my 3 friends moving to canada :cry:
aja bhai 2009 se ab tak city bhut mast ho gai hai....entertainment k lie bhut cheze hain yhn abb!!!
nd khas baat sabhi flyovers complete hogae :lol: hmari city mein sabse jyada gand e construction ka tha.....

hmm u coming back nd my 3 friends moving to canada :cry:
aja bhai 2009 se ab tak city bhut mast ho gai hai....entertainment k lie bhut cheze hain yhn abb!!!
nd khas baat sabhi flyovers complete hogae :lol: hmari city mein sabse jyada gand e construction ka tha.....

Haha I know man the BMC chownk flyover was under cons when I left in 2009 and there was all mess till the khalsa college. Man I will come back in a few years, you have know idea how much I miss jalandhar and India.

Really a salt on wounds question to be asking Pakistanis.

You should ask the duration of power, not of power cuts.
Actually Awesome there has been significant increase in power supply after the circular debt was cleared and the season of rainfall. For example in the whole of ramadhan most days we were getting electricity supply for about 18 hours a day and whenever the weather was pleasant it increased by upto 20-22 hours.

Since last 5 days we are getting electricity for 23 hours a day I think and only 1 hour it goes or for couple of minutes .maximum. it could be due to various reasons including rains, less demand of electricity due to Eid and the industries being shut for the said reason, less circular debt and increase in the water flow in the dams.

So since last week it's 23 hours a day and when it goes you don't notice as it runs smoothly on the UPS and we don't even need generators right now

In Rishikesh there is some 3hr schedule power cut on daily basis......

yeah Doon probably enjoys perks of being a capital city. I guess there would be power cuts in hilly areas and villages also. But situation is way way way better than when this state was under UP. At that time 8 hr loadshedding was common.

Back
Top Bottom