What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

Great then India can ask Pakistan if we are short. Even Afghan can look at Pakistan soon ehh :victory:

Wasnt India gonna sell us electricity through Gujarat? What happened to that

Not here. A good change for now, considering before 2 months, we used to suffer from power cuts in Chennai and other areas in TN.
I think with the onset of winter, power consumption have reduced. I will keep my finger crossed till the next summer to know about the correct current sittuation.

Re-posting my post from another thread.........

"From West Bengal(Kolkata), I can say that load-sheddings have reduced dramatically over the past couple of years.....don't know why(no new power-plants were built.......better management I guess).

We used to have 1:30hrs/day of power-cuts on an average till 2 yrs ago......NOW, load-sheddings don't happen, power rarely goes off.....may be few mins/month......due to faults or failures as our infrastructure is not that good........power theft is also an issue...."

Hope things remain this way....

well i live ghaziabad and we can see upto 15 hours loadshedding a week ......and i study in patna which easily sees 3 hrs power cuts per day ...soo the picture isnt as rosy for theese states

For all of us, may its India, Pakistan or Bangladesh it is very vital that we become a power surplus nation, because no country can draw up and roll out major industrial policy if it does not have more than enough power…

jeddah - no power cut since 108 years :P

Did a fuse never go off either?

I remember there was a power cut once due to the neighborhood transformer catching fire. We didn't have electricity for 3 hours, it was horrible.

Together we can put namak mirch on the wounds of these Desis :D

karachi - DHA. not very often except for system failure (PMT/Transformer blows up) - then it could be upto 6-8 hours until repaired - maybe once a month.

KESC has a policy - pay your bill, get un-interrupted power!

well i live ghaziabad and we can see upto 15 hours loadshedding a week ......and i study in patna which easily sees 3 hrs power cuts per day ...soo the picture isnt as rosy for theese states

NOW THIS IS SHOCKING AND SHAMEFUL :hitwall: I expected Patna, but ghaziabad is a disappointment. But since Bihar is experiencing rapid economic growth of over 15% we can bank on Nitish to do the unthinkable for a poor state like Bihar.

Bihar to become power surplus by 2016: Minister - Economic Times

karachi - DHA. not very often except for system failure (PMT/Transformer blows up) - then it could be upto 6-8 hours until repaired - maybe once a month.

KESC has a policy - pay your bill, get un-interrupted power!
Maybe you live is some kind of planned private township with its own generators or something because earlier someone from Karachi posted that, there is atleast 3-4 hours per day. Can someone confirm?

Maybe you live is some kind of planned private township with its own generators or something because earlier someone from Karachi posted that, there is atleast 3-4 hours per day. Can someone confirm?

Yes, he lives in DHA, a kind of posh area, and my family lives in Hyderi North Nazimabad more of a middle class

i have first hand experience of changing bihar ....so i am also quite hopeful of bihar ...

Back
Top Bottom