What's new

Plan to fence, mine Afghan border

I do think that despite legislation, movements and international laws against their use --- we should just mine the living hell out of the area.....

put a big sign in Darri language --and then watch the fireworks for those too dumb or those too bold to try crossing over

abubhai thats a sadistic streak in you that i never knew you had in you lol. Well actually the way you dealt with tikitumi i should have realised lol

my own personal opinion; likely not a measure the state would pursue (God knows, i wish we did)

What a silly idea............. lets not forget why the British, Soviets and now the US has lost in Afghanistan shall we.......... The Afghan / Pakistan border, Durrand line, Loc, call it what you will, it is not like the US border with Mexico or Canada......... People seem to forget that their are families living on either side of the "border" who couldn't give two sh!ts where someone sketched out a line claiming it to be a border......

There are tribes and entire Kabeele stretched across these two lands which in itself is an entire identity of the people living there, you try and attack that and you'll find something far worse then the situation we are in today..........

We need to keep hands off for Pakistan's sake as well

What a silly idea............. lets not forget why the British, Soviets and now the US has lost in Afghanistan shall we.......... The Afghan / Pakistan border, Durrand line, Loc, call it what you will, it is not like the US border with Mexico or Canada......... People seem to forget that their are families living on either side of the "border" who couldn't give two sh!ts where someone sketched out a line claiming it to be a border......

There are tribes and entire Kabeele stretched across these two lands which in itself is an entire identity of the people living there, you try and attack that and you'll find something far worse then the situation we are in today.
That is true,their sensitivities have to be given priority.But what about allowing the passage through monitored border check posts while fencing border?It will still allow passage for those families at the same time stop illegal drugs,weapons etc coming to pakistan.What will be the likely reaction of tribals if such a measure is taken?

I do think that despite legislation, movements and international laws against their use --- we should just mine the living hell out of the area.....

put a big sign in Darri language --and then watch the fireworks for those too dumb or those too bold to try crossing over
I guess this is a great idea and need to be done as soon as possible to filter out the culprits within the region sorrounding the border area...:smokin:

That is true,their sensitivities have to be given priority.But what about allowing the passage through monitored border check posts while fencing border?It will still allow passage for those families at the same time stop illegal drugs,weapons etc coming to pakistan.What will be the likely reaction of tribals if such a measure is taken?

well there are some tribes which have family on both sides of the border --given the cross-over of tribes....it's humanly impossible to patrol the entire border, it's too long. But at the same time, a lot of rotten apples make their way to our side. A lot of measures need to be taken, in my own view.

there should be checked cross-border movement of people......biometric system is a must. If people don't like it, well too bad.....

This is more important now than before. No one should be able to enter Pakistan without proper document, metal detector should be installed at every border crossing.

Why mine it? Waste of resources.

First of all, mines are not effective. Secondly, they remain to be active for many decades, Third, they cost a lot to put and fourth they cost a lot to clean.

It also takes a long time to clean them too, and even still not all of them will be cleaned. There will still be casualties from Pakistani civilians there due to mines.

Just build a wall and put little pipe towers every 300 meters (like we do with Syrian border) cameras on them and you are good to go.

It doesn't cost that much too.

I prefer the UAV , enable the border , and then launch a team to pick up the culprits in open space

100-200 Scan Eagles On duty UAV 24/7

ScanEagle_UAV_Unmanned_Aerial_Vehicle_American_US_United_States_Defence_Industry_Military_Technology_line_drawing_001.jpg

Send in a pickup party
800px-CH-146ISAF.jpg

• UAV can be controlled from Airbase by female pilots
  • Pick up party can get go ahead to nab the culprits once enough data is collected
  • Motion detection devices do also come in handy in certain areas of interest

Mining alone is dangerous to civilian , animals , and just people walking around etc

Pakistan+army+air+force+CH-3+unmanned+combat+aerial+vehicles+%2528UCAV%2529+China+FT-5+AR-1laser+guided+missile+Pakistan+Aeronautical+Complex+%2528PAC%2529+Falco+UAV+NESCom+Burraq+UAV+predator+MQ-1+MQ-9+%25286%2529.jpg

Turkey-Syria fence is a good example
thumbs_b2_7c17eebeb500be0fa02606b366730268.jpg

Last edited:
Fencing & heavily mining the border is required.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is seriously considering to ‘fence and mine’ some important parts of the Pak-Afghan border, in the wake of increasing incursions by militants from the Afghan side into Bajaur, Upper Dir and Mohmand tribal regions, knowledgeable sources told Dawn.

The first time I supported this idea on here was like 4 years ago.....too slow of a progress!!

Back
Top Bottom