What's new

Plan to fence, mine Afghan border

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I use say this 'all the time' to everyone either in Army or in Govt. establishment. I faced the questions many time, why do keep saying 'one thing' all the time. I replied, 'I ll keep blabbering till the fencing / mining is completed.

Great Great Great Great.

Well do u guys know tht the pashtuns living on the afghan side of the border also have Pakistani NICs??? i mean they r dual nationals .....lol

What abt them? Id say expand out walls further and take there small villages.......

They should use the same channels which the normal pakistanis having dual nationality do, i.e. stamping on passports.

Make it Great Wall of China !!

The-Great-Wall-of-China-1.jpg

How feasible is this considering the terrain?

its very difficult and expensive but such areas like 'mountain passes' and 'trails' used for ingress and return should be fenced and mined - my guess is that in the first instance ~ 100km of such areas should be fenced and mined. once that is done then there shd be monitoring of these areas by FC.

its very difficult and expensive but such areas like 'mountain passes' and 'trails' used for ingress and return should be fenced and mined - my guess is that in the first instance ~ 100km of such areas should be fenced and mined. once that is done then there shd be monitoring of these areas by FC.

Any idea about the timelines as well? It would be in Pakistan's best interest to complete this project as soon as possible.

what is their to consider it long over due , seal the borders and that closes the arms and drugs supply lines

It cannot be done. The border is too long, too rugged.

Look at the 38th parallel in Korea. The fence is about 200 km. What is the border between Afgh. and Pakistan? 1600+ km?

The length of such a border makes it impossible to do.

DMZ%20Looking%20South2%20.jpg

Think of the man-power required to create posts like this every few hundred meters. Each would need night vision, weapons, communications, support. That's perhaps 5,000 manned posts, with 2 to 4 men in each.

And a section of such a fence is easily overcome with a quick assault, allowing a temporary breach through which hundreds could pour and scatter.

This is long overdue and has been delayed for whatever reasons by Pakistani military establishment. If this had been done post-2001 maybe OBL would be burning in hell longsince and situation in Afghanistan wouldn't be in the $hit its in right now (Taliban fled over the border after US invasion in 2001 and were allowed to re-arm, train and grow before flooding back into Afghanistan in 2003/4). This people are not a device for Pakistan's security and I hope this is realised soon, they are hurting Pakistan more than anyone else.

America ne ek hool deni hai and humare leaders sirf baatein and deenge maarte reh jayenge.

I'll believe these good for nothing leaders when this really happens.

It cannot be done. The border is too long, too rugged.

Look at the 38th parallel in Korea. The fence is about 200 km. What is the border between Afgh. and Pakistan? 1600+ km?

The length of such a border makes it impossible to do.

DMZ%20Looking%20South2%20.jpg

Think of the man-power required to create posts like this every few hundred meters. Each would need night vision, weapons, communications, support. That's perhaps 5,000 manned posts, with 2 to 4 men in each.

And a section of such a fence is easily overcome with a quick assault, allowing a temporary breach through which hundreds could pour and scatter.

Very true, Pakistan does not have the resources or manpower to do it. If the mighty NATO can't stop them otherwise, what is your opinion on how Pakistan Army should stop the cross border incursion?

take assistance from china in this project
that is very important for our nation security

Asim, how was my reply off-topic?

to escape nato and american strikes
NATO air-strikes happen through air, to them it really won't make a difference. Except for maybe finding a new route for their supplies.

Why do you need an enemy when you have your own people to do the needful?
Million Dollar question.

Trust me a vast majority of the Pakistanis Pashtuns would welcome this move because they are as sick as everyone else of border attacks and immigrants crossing over from afghanistan.
This is not about a vast majority of Pak Pashtuns but about the tribal areas. Until and unless they are sure that there will be no hesitance to visit back and forth from side of the border to the other, it's impossible for BOTH governments to carry on with their plans.

They should fence panjab excluding occupied areas from pashtunkhwah.
We are same people with same langauge and culture so they should just stop trying we sparate our people.

Back
Top Bottom