What's new

PLA 20 Years Behind U.S. Military: Chinese DM

VN is still poor, so we will never get in the arms race, and i'm telling about China's arms race here, and I think if they continue, China's inflation will get higher, and finaly Collapsed like USSR.^^

That is why China can afford its military budget and Vietnam cannot.
It will continue to be this way for the foreseeing future. USSR collapsed because their economic planning and structure was poor. They dedicated a lot of its economy on war and military technology.
China on the other hand are completely different, we have a diverse network of businesses set up across the world and we are not engaged in any war. Therefore 2% of our GDP spent will not hurt China as much as it would to say Vietnam or America.

Productivity in China are different as resources and labour costs are by far cheaper than the west. Most importantly, China isn't in an arms race with anyone at the moment. So there is not need for your concerns here. The strategy have always been to counter and take out the strongest threat and disrupt logistic capability of the opponent. Not by matching quantitatively across the entire field of technology.

I comlain No thing about that arms race, coz that's China's choice.But I think , it's much better if them stop, coz no country can envade China, and Asia will live in peace.^^

Again, China isn't in any arms race. This isn't cold war no more and I am sure China's government already saw what happened to the USSR. Your concern and idea of a total economic collapse due to military arms race and costly ongoing war was already garbage buried in the landfill site.

Yes no country today can invade China, that is due to our nation's success. Strong economy and military ensures that. That is why China must continue to allow a percentage of its GDP to be spent on military tech. To ensure that it remains so. Therefore resulting in a more peaceful Asia.

That is why China can afford its military budget and Vietnam cannot.
It will continue to be this way for the foreseeing future. USSR collapsed because their economic planning and structure was poor. They dedicated a lot of its economy on war and military technology.
China on the other hand are completely different, we have a diverse network of businesses set up across the world and we are not engaged in any war. Therefore 2% of our GDP spent will not hurt China as much as it would to say Vietnam or America.

Productivity in China are different as resources and labour costs are by far cheaper than the west. Most importantly, China isn't in an arms race with anyone at the moment. So there is not need for your concerns here. The strategy have always been to counter and take out the strongest threat and disrupt logistic capability of the opponent. Not by matching quantitatively across the entire field of technology.

But your economic planning and structure are Bad also, lots of woker don't have salary for 2 months, Age threatening, high inflation keep increasing , lots of stock got Red flag due to allegations of fraud and your Gov still don't have any effective solution for those problems.:cheesy:
Again, China isn't in any arms race. This isn't cold war no more and I am sure China's government already saw what happened to the USSR. Your concern and idea of a total economic collapse due to military arms race and costly ongoing war was already garbage buried in the landfill site.

Yes no country today can invade China, that is due to our nation's success. Strong economy and military ensures that. That is why China must continue to allow a percentage of its GDP to be spent on military tech. To ensure that it remains so. Therefore resulting in a more peaceful Asia.
China isn't in any arms race ???so why your Gov use lots of money for militirary, instead of helping poor Chinese having better life ??:no:

But your economic planning and structure are Bad also, lots of woker don't have salary for 2 months, Age threatening, high inflation keep increasing , lots of stock got Red flag due to allegations of fraud and your Gov still don't have any effective solution for those problems.:cheesy:
China isn't in any arms race ???so why your Gov use lots of money for militirary, instead of helping poor Chinese having better life ??:no:
what's your defination of lots of money, lots of money will be different for ppl at different levels. haha,
and as to territory, the ordinary ppl and chinese goverment share same viewpoint. don't try to drive a wedge btw ppl and goverment.

Just like any countries, China too has its problems. However to say China's economy is poorly structured? Then I urge you to study economics more and pay attentions to every details. It took China 30 years to achieve what most Western countries can only dream of achieving and you call that poor? Personally, I beg to differ.

In particular, I would like to discuss the "health threatening" issue that you have been going on for sometime now. I did not get the opportunity to respond to your earlier post regarding the issue due to the threat being deleted by mods.

Have you ever thought about the retirement age and differences in Chinese cultures to the west? Our social and economic models cannot always be related 100%. As a Chinese elderly, they would more than happy to have a job knowing that they cannot compete with the young. Cheaper wages and keeping them working would be one of the many solutions to the problem. You will need to also bear in mind the technological advancements and economic structures of China in the future. In the future we may not even need as many human labours to run factories and instead have technologies do the most parts. Human labours may be needed more in other sectors of the economy or cities. Younger generations (especially graduates) will always look for opportunities in the developed urban areas (or abroad) whereas the aged may find better opportunities elsewhere where it is slightly less developed and has the need for cheaper labour and can benefit from their experience.

Last but not least, I would worry more about your own country's economy, poor health care and social problems. Vietnam itself will have to tank the "age threatening" problem with its poor economy.

Vietnam to face challenges from ageing population in 2010 -- Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)

Vietnam is to face challenges from the population ageing starting in 2010 as 9.9 percent of the country’s population was over 60 in 2008 and the rate has continued to increase.

The information was given out at a seminar on population ageing held by the Health Ministry’s Population and Family Planning General Department in Hanoi on Oct. 1.

According to Health Deputy Minister Nguyen Ba Thuy, 73 percent of old people are living in rural areas and 21 percent of them are under the poverty line. Also, the health care services for the elderly are still insufficient in quality and quantity.

According to Dr. Do Thi Khanh Hy, Deputy Director of the National Geriatrics Institute, the elderly are mainly concentrated in three populous regions - the Red River delta, the Mekong delta and the northern central region.

The number of senior citizens in rural areas is 3.5 times higher than that in urban areas. Older women outnumber older men by a ration of 143 to 100 and some 80 percent of old people living alone are women.

A survey in 2008 revealed that Vietnam then had about 8.5 million old people and according to the United Nations’ estimate, the country will have as many as 29.77 million old people by 2050.
:no:

Yes we have a huge economy so we can have money to spend on the military and R&D. This however, does not mean we are in an arms race. You can consider China to be creating an arms race on its aggressive neighbours or concerned oppositions, but we are far from being in an arms race of any kind. China today are already enjoying better lifestyles than we did 30 years ago. That is quite some achievement is it not? Just like any country, there will always be poor. What matter is how the government tackles and addresses the issues, not about we have the issues now and we must address them all now before thinking about the military. They both will have to go hand in hand and improve simultaneously. That is what makes a strong country. :agree:

Just like any countries, China too has its problems. However to say China's economy is poorly structured? Then I urge you to study economics more and pay attentions to every details. It took China 30 years to achieve what most Western countries can only dream of achieving and you call that poor? Personally, I beg to differ.

In particular, I would like to discuss the "health threatening" issue that you have been going on for sometime now. I did not get the opportunity to respond to your earlier post regarding the issue due to the threat being deleted by mods.

Have you ever thought about the retirement age and differences in Chinese cultures to the west? Our social and economic models cannot always be related 100%. As a Chinese elderly, they would more than happy to have a job knowing that they cannot compete with the young. Cheaper wages and keeping them working would be one of the many solutions to the problem. You will need to also bear in mind the technological advancements and economic structures of China in the future. In the future we may not even need as many human labours to run factories and instead have technologies do the most parts. Human labours may be needed more in other sectors of the economy or cities. Younger generations (especially graduates) will always look for opportunities in the developed urban areas (or abroad) whereas the aged may find better opportunities elsewhere where it is slightly less developed and has the need for cheaper labour and can benefit from their experience.

1. It took China Only 30 years to achieve coz your Gov've forced poor Chinese work so hard in Risk and poor quality condition that Western countries dare not do to their workers, it's just because your Gov made some more idea like Great Cultural Revolution.^^
As a Chinese elderly, they would more than happy to have a job knowing that they cannot compete with the young. Cheaper wages and keeping them working would be one of the many solutions to the problem.
Even lots of young workers don't have salary for 2 month due to your Property bubble, so how can old worker can have salary who hire them , what kind of jobs can they do ??

3.As we sadi: Vn is poor country, coz of wars and corruption, low education, no profestional in marketing to improve Rice export quality......., but we have many ways to solve problem and we're solving now .ex: we learn new agriculture's technic and train the farmers, they can have better way in growing crops, so they can have enouht food for them.^^

btw: if you want to know more, you can Google Changing the life of Vietnamese Farmers, so you will understand our famer are low educated, so they're poor, the solution will be increase they education .^^

1. It took China Only 30 years to achieve coz your Gov've forced poor Chinese work so hard in Risk and poor quality condition that Western countries dare not do to their workers, it's just because your Gov made some more idea like Great Cultural Revolution.^^

Two phrases comes into mind here, one is "who dares wins" and the other "no pain no gain". Cultural revolution wasn't forced, it was embraced by the people of the nation, although it bring about undesirable consequences, but those are in the past and has nothing to do with now and the future. But credits to our great ancestors, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the China we have today. The west dared not to do so you say? Maybe that is why they spend so much time arguing in parliaments and achieving so little over the years? :azn:

It is also very naive to think that the effects of property bubble in China will have as long lasting effect or impact it has on countries that are developed or lacking land. Personally I see it as a good thing for the long term. It will only balance out the economy and not at all a problem. China isn't America and it is still growing. Real estate is only a part of China's overall economy and should not be considered as one entity :azn:

2. Even lots of young workers don't have salary for 2 month due to your Property bubble

Care to elaborate and cite your sources on that?

so how can old worker can have salary who hire them , what kind of jobs can they do ??

You are just skimming the surface for you questions and answers here. You need to think harder rather than spewing out what all the well wishers have been spewing out for years. When there is a demand then there will be a supply. When there is a demand for cheaper jobs then there will be companies and recruiters willing to hire. I am not talking about people being old and demanding huge salaries here. There will always be jobs big or small catering different demands.

You are also conveniently throwing away the prospect of the retired having enough saved up to spend for the remainder of their life and leaving behind the idea of their children working to support their family and parents?

3.As we sadi: Vn is poor country, coz of wars and corruption, low education, no profestional in marketing to improve Rice export quality......., but we have many ways to solve problem and we're solving now .ex: we learn new agriculture's technic and train the farmers, they can have better way in growing crops, so they can have enouht food for them.^^

Are you trying to suggest that just because Vietnam can pursue that path, China can't? I am pretty sure the Chinese governments have already looked up and analyzed the issues you are so clearly concerned about. If China is so poor on economic planning and social restructuring we wouldn't be here talking about the success of China today. Rest assured that these things will be solved and we don't need Vietnam to tell us what we need to do. I am sure Vietnam has their handful on its own issues already. Perhaps China too can look towards agriculture and agricultural export as a way out of the "age threatening" problem? Perhaps cheaper and more readily available Chinese farmers can result in more competitive agricultural markets? If so then Vietnam will have to think about a plan B to solve its problems as exporting would be highly competitive with China in mind.:azn:

btw: if you want to know more, you can Google Changing the life of Vietnamese Farmers, so you will understand our famer are low educated, so they're poor, the solution will be increase they education .^^

I think I have already said what I need to say about farmers. When you say Vietnam can look to farming as a way out of its aging problems, I am sure China can look towards something similar to solve some of its problems. It will not be the only answer however. It all depends on the demands and how the economy is at that point in time.

obambam said:
Care to elaborate and cite your sources on that?
here, , but this thread closed. :(
Protesters had gathered in front of a government building demanding authorities punish three people suspected of attacking a migrant worker surnamed Xiong on June 1, reports said. The attack came after Xiong had demanded two months of unpaid wages, the state-run Global Times said.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/112829-serious-situation-chinas-property-bubble-5.html
How to solve this problem while your Inflation keep increasing bro ?or China Jasmine revolution will be a best solution ?^^
China May Inflation Hits 34-Month High; Rate Rise Seen

China's inflation accelerated in May to a 34-month high of 5.5 percent, slightly above expectations, supporting the case for tighter monetary policy even as there are signs that economic growth is slowing down.

Bringing inflation under control is a top priority for China's leaders, who see little chance of the current slowdown from 2010 growth of more than 10 percent turning into a hard landing.
News Headlines

2. Even lots of young workers don't have salary for 2 month due to your Property bubble, so how can old worker can have salary who hire them , what kind of jobs can they do ??

Perhaps everything you alleged is right.

So what?

According to George Chan, China should have been collapsed many decades ago. So keep your wish alive while China advances forward with 5% inflation rate and some people unpaid for presumably 2 months.

Do you know what is the most annoying thing? A semi-ape is pointing its finger to a human and rants and raves and keeps ranting and raving: you are an ape!

here, , but this thread closed. :(
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/112829-serious-situation-chinas-property-bubble-5.html
How to solve this problem while your Inflation keep increasing bro ?or China Jasmine revolution will be a best solution ?^^
News Headlines

Let me find a better source so we can see a better picture.

Protesters clash with police in southern China - Yahoo! News

Eighteen people were injured and nine were detained in Guangdong province's Chaozhou city on Monday when police tried to quell a protest involving more than 200 migrant workers, the local government and Global Times newspaper said.

Firstly, 200 migrant workers. How many people does China have? What does it look like when you try and translate 200 to 1,300,000,000? ;)
I personally do not see it as much of a problem rather than it being a minor issue hyped up by the media.

The three suspects, including the boss of the ceramics factory where Xiong worked, have been arrested and their cases transferred to the local judicial department for "criminal punishment", the Chaozhou government said in a statement.

They were already arrested and it is nothing to do with the property bubble that you was so alarmed about. It was a "ceramics factory". :rolleyes:

China May Inflation Hits 34-Month High; Rate Rise Seen

China's inflation accelerated in May to a 34-month high of 5.5 percent, slightly above expectations, supporting the case for tighter monetary policy even as there are signs that economic growth is slowing down.

Bringing inflation under control is a top priority for China's leaders, who see little chance of the current slowdown from 2010 growth of more than 10 percent turning into a hard landing.

Secondly, inflation happens everywhere. It's not a problem that is found only in China. Heck Vietnam have it too, perhaps a Jasmine Revolution is needed to test Vietnam's government and fix Vietnam's problems? I would like to see how Vietnam handles a Jasmine Revolution, perhaps it can do better than China? I still laughed at the low turnout and how majority thinks the Jasmine guys are clowns in China. Little to our surprise, they have failed miserably. It shows how strong China is internally and externally doesn't it? What worked on Tunisia and Egypt failed to blossom in China...oops

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703396404576282482911928042.html

By NGUYEN PHAM MUOI And VU TRONG KHANH

HANOI—Vietnam's inflation accelerated at its fastest pace in almost two and a half years in April, ramping up pressure on one of Asia's most troubled economies and suggesting further efforts to rein in prices could be in the works.

Consumer prices jumped 17.51% in April from a year earlier and 3.32% from March, the General Statistics Office said Sunday, further casting doubts on the ability of authorities to cap inflation at 7% this year. Last year, inflation reached 11.75%.

It was the fastest pace since December 2008, and comes after Vietnam's consumer price index in March rose about 13.9% on year and 2.17% on month.

"The government's tightening measures appear to be right, but the implementation of the measures should have been more effective," said Le Tham Duong, an economist with Ho Chi Minh City Banking University. "It should have lowered the gross domestic product target. You just can't try to tame inflation while aiming for a high GDP."

Like other Asian nations, Vietnam is grappling with the threat of inflation amid strong economic growth. But unlike its neighbors, Vietnam suffers from imbalances that threaten its economic stability and have put strong downward pressure on its currency, the dong.

My advice to you is, first worry about yourself before worrying about others. Worrying about China will not solve your country's current and emerging problems.

ignorance and you are utterly a disgrace of talking economy, which you have absolutely no knowledge or what so ever about the matter you are speaking at`:D

you have been posting at least 100 posts about the same old nonsenses like 'a lot of chinese workers are not get paid for two month' and 'intlation is high' please at least find a creditable source to back up ur craps apart from your vietcon propaganda. every country in this world has some people get not paid for the work they did, so in that sense those countries are also bad, and vietnam is the only country has 'good' plan!! look at your pony economy for your own sake`````

and let me ask you a simple economic question-- what is inflation and why does occur in an economy? i'm for sure you are scraching your head off now. and also tell me which country does not have inflation? how about U.S, Russia, U.K, France, Germany and many many others? and how about your pathetic economy in its primitive stage has over 20% of inflation accompanied by only 6% of GDP growth, do you even know what that means in economy terms? it means your incompetent government is f**king up this country and its dead poor people.

and you are blantly say chinese government dont have solutions to solve problems, so you basically know everything about chinese government plans? you must be super doper professional intellegence then? ok please tell me why Vietcon is so incompetent to manage its economy, you know its the shamble in international society? maybe they are too busy to brainwash people to keep them extreemly naive and ignorant about virtually anything.

Chinese government lifted 600million people out of poverty in last 30 years which is from WB sources, eat that. and what did your pony government do insdead? countless wars with neighbours, buying primitive weapons from your russian daddy and some times your vietcon dictator came to china to beg us to sent you some retired kits``how pathetic.

there are 300,000 illegal Vietnam immigrants in China alone not to mention those in Thailand, Malaysia, U.K, France and the US, so ask them whether its better to live under the 'glorious' vietcon regime or the 'bad' economy ?

seriouly ask yourself a very simple question do you know anything about economy and geopolitics kiddo?

Let me find a better source so we can see a better picture.

Protesters clash with police in southern China - Yahoo! News

Firstly, 200 migrant workers. How many people does China have? What does it look like when you try and translate 200 to 1,300,000,000? ;)
I personally do not see it as much of a problem rather than it being a minor issue hyped up by the media.

They were already arrested and it is nothing to do with the property bubble that you was so alarmed about. It was a "ceramics factory". :rolleyes:

Secondly, inflation happens everywhere. It's not a problem that is found only in China. Heck Vietnam have it too, perhaps a Jasmine Revolution is needed to test Vietnam's government and fix Vietnam's problems? I would like to see how Vietnam handles a Jasmine Revolution, perhaps it can do better than China? I still laughed at the low turnout and how majority thinks the Jasmine guys are clowns in China. Little to our surprise, they have failed miserably. It shows how strong China is internally and externally doesn't it? What worked on Tunisia and Egypt failed to blossom in China...oops

Vietnam Inflation Accelerates, Suggesting Future Cooling Efforts - WSJ.com

My advice to you is, first worry about yourself before worrying about others. Worrying about China will not solve your country's current and emerging problems.

mate, havent you realised yet that you keep arguing with a dimwit who knows nothing of what you are talking about? you dont need to spend times to educate him the basic common senses, his artifical brain (programmed by Vietcon) cannot comprehend anything which makes sense

Oki, as I said: China's economy will not be Collapese soon, but the way China's going lead to USSR's step.^^

So, let see what happen in CHina in 2013 when Age threatening starting worse.^^

Oki, as I said: China's economy will not be Collapese soon, but the way China's going lead to USSR's step.^^

:lol: I love how you toss up the "age threatening" phrase every time. Despite how much I disagree and have explained why, but you made me laugh in the way you say it.

Yes there is little point arguing about it, we will just have to settle on the bit "we shall wait and see".

I would like to see you explain more about the economy elaborately rather than coming up with simple phrases and implications such as "property bubble" and "age threatening" will destroy China and China will "Collapse like the USSR". Fact of the matter that China's economy is strong and we are not engaged in any war makes it very different to the USSR. I dare say Vietnam is more like the USSR now than it is for China. 20% inflation with 6% GDP, poorly structured economy, "age threatening" getting worse and threatening military actions and buying military tech rather than producing and selling etc. :pop:

China spends roughly 2% of her GDP in military, hardly the way of USSR. Is that what they're teaching you in Vietnam?

Oh and the age-old "China collapse" theory. They said the country would implode in 1989, 1999 and 2006. I'm still waiting for that certain implosion.

Back
Top Bottom