What's new

Pkk Released Video Attack on Turkish Convoy.

Some of the IEDs were planted under the road. Now this is a black top road not a hill track, which means that the IEDs were planted long ago when the road was being relaid or being resurfaced. They were left there for possible future use. It is nearly impossible to detect explosives from such depths beneath black top roads, sniffer dogs are useless here so are metal detectors.
The wide and uneven dispersion of the vehicles of the convoy saved them from greater damage. the IEDs were planted on both sides of the road so that convoys going in either direction could be targeted.
The terrorists did not open small arms fire on the soldiers because that would give away their positions and make retaliation possible. This is sound tactics. Also, I feel that small arms fire from the height at which the videographer was located would have been largely ineffective.
There is very little any one can do in such an ambush. The quick reaction of the Turkish forces to the attack and the good discipline under fire was good to see. However bringing the Russian BTR type wheeled APC to the ambush site was a mistake, these vehicles are not mine proof, all they can do is to provide some protection against small arms.
RIP to the dead.

Great post indeed !!!

BTR exploded by IED...
01_d.jpg

May They Rest in Peace:angel:
However also good news guys the soldiers in the hit otokar arma and Cobra are still alive Das indicating it really have effect and it works.

Not been reported so i think there are only injuries

Please do not type anything without having any idea what you are taking about. Such comments look so childly. At this PKK attack, 11 soldiers died and tens of soldiers have been injured. Otokar ARMA has not joined into Turkish inventory yet. It is on wheeled vehicle tender competing with FNSS PARS.

Your analysis is quite incorrect - From the video shown it shows that the IED's were laid to the side of the road and the bankment of the road dug out to lay the explosives under.

The tactic used by the Turkish Soldiers was correct and they used the bank to take cover from a more immediate threat, the immeidate high elevation of the hill closest to them. They were exposed to the rear to where the terrorists were sat, but the distance between the soldiers and terrorists is not known and from looking at the zooming in and out of the camera I would say they are way over a kilometre. This would mean that the terrorists can only put down harrassing fire at best. Any larger calibre weapon would requre these guys to expose themslves and no doubt, spotters within the Turkish Military would have dealt with that as per protocol.

Improvements though have to be made in a sound and realistic manner, i.e. why were there no jammers on board the vehicles. When the APC gets blown up, the blast can be seen pushing from the side of the road, however just before that, the sound can be heard from the cameraman pressing a mobile phone button. The sound is such that it shows that the terorists had alredy made the call to the IED device, and only required a certain number to the pushed and held for it to activate. This is sloppish at best and jammers should have cut off that call immediately even without them knowing. A secondary activation by way of a countdown is very very sophisticated and only done by a Military, there chances of that are minimal and even then the APC would have long passed it by then.

The chopper, again the distance is not known and using the camera zoom is not a reliable source. The capabilities of whether heat sensors are used on these choppers or exactly what the given orders were to these choppers is not known, as far as the pilot is concerned he could have been given instruction to target a facility not shown on camera and the piolot is making that RV point at best possible speed. The ins and outs are just not know to make an analysis.

The Turkish Military should make some investments in devices which would suit the environment, i.e. Jammers, Boomerang Mobile Shooter Detection System, a Thor system, along with APC or light vehicle carried gatleys.......these weapons would send the terrorists to hell much more quickly then spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a single unit alternative.

Please do not type anything without having any idea what you are taking about. Such comments look so childly. At this PKK attack, 11 soldiers died and tens of soldiers have been injured. Otokar ARMA has not joined into Turkish inventory yet. It is on wheeled vehicle tender competing with FNSS PARS.

I understand that your ennoyed by this, But i was doubting after wathcing the video if we had any ARMA the vehicle looked like a Arma to me. I am humain you know.
Anyway i also didnt realize this was a video tape of that particular attack. So yeah....kind of didnt looked it through.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Your analysis is quite incorrect - From the video shown it shows that the IED's were laid to the side of the road and the bankment of the road dug out to lay the explosives under.

The tactic used by the Turkish Soldiers was correct and they used the bank to take cover from a more immediate threat, the immeidate high elevation of the hill closest to them. They were exposed to the rear to where the terrorists were sat, but the distance between the soldiers and terrorists is not known and from looking at the zooming in and out of the camera I would say they are way over a kilometre. This would mean that the terrorists can only put down harrassing fire at best. Any larger calibre weapon would requre these guys to expose themslves and no doubt, spotters within the Turkish Military would have dealt with that as per protocol.

Improvements though have to be made in a sound and realistic manner, i.e. why were there no jammers on board the vehicles. When the APC gets blown up, the blast can be seen pushing from the side of the road, however just before that, the sound can be heard from the cameraman pressing a mobile phone button. The sound is such that it shows that the terorists had alredy made the call to the IED device, and only required a certain number to the pushed and held for it to activate. This is sloppish at best and jammers should have cut off that call immediately even without them knowing. A secondary activation by way of a countdown is very very sophisticated and only done by a Military, there chances of that are minimal and even then the APC would have long passed it by then.

The chopper, again the distance is not known and using the camera zoom is not a reliable source. The capabilities of whether heat sensors are used on these choppers or exactly what the given orders were to these choppers is not known, as far as the pilot is concerned he could have been given instruction to target a facility not shown on camera and the piolot is making that RV point at best possible speed. The ins and outs are just not know to make an analysis.

The Turkish Military should make some investments in devices which would suit the environment, i.e. Jammers, Boomerang Mobile Shooter Detection System, a Thor system, along with APC or light vehicle carried gatleys.......these weapons would send the terrorists to hell much more quickly then spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a single unit alternative.

I didnt really analyzed it just came across this video and simple wanted to know your openions.

RIP Brave Soldiers - I hope Turkey can resolve this issue with Kurds.

I've clearly stated that we must clean the separatist movements out not the Kurds.
How on earth did you stated that? You clearly said 'if they don't clean their Kurdish Area's we will do it for them. ' I dont the the words separatist movement there do you?

excellent post you guys are true professionals thank you!

After this attack the air strikes began. We bombed them with heavy bombs wich was never used before!! 160 pkk terorists were killed in the raids.

Cabatli do you know what kind of bombs were used, the media was speaking about bombs never used before by the Airforce.

Rakshak-IED.jpg

these Armored vehicles really save lives, these is from J&k occupants remained unhurt

Back
Top Bottom