What's new

Picturing Pakistan's Past: The Beatles, Booze And Bikinis

I dont know if it fits in the context of pakistan, but from what I have seen about right wing nationalist/ religious nut who impose their views on the society, the only way to curtail their power is to ensure, religion stays at home and doesn't enter any institutions.
Sorry Sir Islam is complete way of life including politics economy social life and everything so it doesn't stay at home in Islamic Society it is seen in everyday life

Sorry Sir Islam is complete way of life including politics economy social life and everything so it doesn't stay at home in Islamic Society it is seen in everyday life
Why do you want to enforce your view on others?
If someone doesnt want to do something or is doing something, why do YOU want to impose YOUR view of whats right or wrong on him.

Why do you want to enforce your view on others?
If someone doesnt want to do something or is doing something, why do YOU want to impose YOUR view of whats right or wrong on him.
Sir in Islamic Societies Islam has to be enforced laws of Islam are supreme and they have to be enforced because Islam is not a personal thing it is a whole system deals with every aspect of life Sir

Sir in Islamic Societies Islam has to be enforced laws of Islam are supreme and they have to be enforced because Islam is not a personal thing it is a whole system deals with every aspect of life Sir

Sorry, and people have a choice of being non practicing Muslims. They have a right to not follow things they want.eg: Women have a right to not wear burkas or hijab if they want.

You can enforce all that you think Islam is on YOURSELF. Not on others.

Sorry, and people have a choice of being non practicing Muslims. They have a right to not follow things they want.eg: Women have a right to not wear burkas or hijab if they want.

You can enforce all that you think Islam is on YOURSELF. Not on others.
No Sir in Islamic Societies these things have to be enforced and they will be enforced Islamic Laws are from ALLAH and Muslims have to implement them

@Zarvan, look at the following scale

<Understanding-----------------------------------0-----------------------------------Genocidal>

At the moment the silent majority, capable of very very very nasty things is at:

<Understanding-----------------------------------0------I----------------------------Genocidal>

Just hope and wish that one day we don't go out to slit every bearded man his entire gene-pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born 20 years too late man.

And now I have to listen to house ..... whatever the hell that is.

I think Nadeem Farooq Paracha and his liberal types are idiots who want to live in past. They want a country where alcohol is flowing like water, where women are clad in min skirts and bikini, because for them, that modernity.

If that is what they want, they can easily immigrate to the west reasoning their mental persecution and suffocation they feel in the country.

Linking modernization with booze, hashish and backwardness with Islam or any other religion is plain stupidity and illusion of the worst kind. The life and its values are not as binary as Nadeem Paracha and his type want us to believe.

Pakistan has moved on. If this extremism is bad, then the moral degradation of the 60s and 70s was equally bad. Honestly, I would not want any of the extreme types of Pakistan but something middle of the road one.

If Nadeem Paracha has a disgust for religion and he shows his rejection of current Pakistan by referring to 60s and 70s all the time, isn't that extremism? How come using religion at gun point is extremism but peddling your ideology and rejecting the other side not extremism?

These liberal fascists indulge in worst kind of extremism.

Nice. I think it is unfair to say that that the society swung between two extremes. These pictures don't mean that everyone was roaming in bikinis or consuming hash. It just means that people gave space to tourists and others to do their own thing. Which is how a society should be. I've always wanted to visit the area where the Kalash people live - maybe someday, it will be safe.

never knew pakistan was like this.i always thought of it as a conservatist state.now i know it wasnt like that always.
and i dont think this much freedom(especially hashish) was there in india at that time.
thanx for the thread.

Back
Top Bottom