What's new

Philippines seeks ASEAN help to blunt China

Indonesia, I'm not sure. They tend to be anti-anything Malaysia :P

Singapore, yes definately, majority is Chinese, they have good relationship with the Chinese government, I'm sure they'll be on the Chinese side. Just curious, are you Singaporean Chinese?

Yep I am Chinese Singaporean, yourself?

For Singapore its not so much about the the Chinese majority that determines the outcome I believe (Especially since US has a large influence with the naval base and all) but being small the politicians tend to remain neutral in most affairs involving disputes of larger nations. Actually most of the countries in the region tend to run their politics that way.

At the end of the day India & Vietnam just do not have the military clout and influence in this region and its as simple as that. The only country that can convince the nations in the region to throw in their lot is the US.

Philippines is also trying to remain neutral in the affair by calling on the ASEAN members. They have such a close connection to the US that they can easily call on them for help.

For Singapore its not so much about the the Chinese majority that determines the outcome I believe (Especially since US has a large influence with the naval base and all) but being small the politicians tend to remain neutral in most affairs involving disputes of larger nations. Actually most of the countries in the region tend to run their politics that way.

At the end of the day India & Vietnam just do not have the military clout and influence in this region and its as simple as that. The only country that can convince the nations in the region to throw in their lot is the US.

Philippines is also trying to remain neutral in the affair by calling on the ASEAN members. They have such a close connection to the US that they can easily call on them for help.

Agreed, agreed. It's almost like a Malaysia-Singapore thing, we tend to remain neutral in almost all conflicts and are more inclined to economic development and I think this concept has done us good. I really admire the Singapore economic success story especially, infact a couple of my buddies are all working in Singapore, pay is loads better than here.

Myself, I'm officially considered a Malay but I do have a Chinese grandma on my dad's side. Yes, Malaysia-Truely Asia LOL

Agreed, agreed. It's almost like a Malaysia-Singapore thing, we tend to remain neutral in almost all conflicts and are more inclined to economic development and I think this concept has done us good. I really admire the Singapore economic success story especially, infact a couple of my buddies are all working in Singapore, pay is loads better than here.

Myself, I'm officially considered a Malay but I do have a Chinese grandma on my dad's side. Yes, Malaysia-Truely Asia LOL

Actually without Malaysia's support we would have no where near the success we have, Malaysia has been very kind in providing cheap food and water to us and sometimes I our politicians can be quite arrogant in dealing with matters across the border which I find unsettling.

I'm quite glad Malays and Chinese get along so well in the region as compared to other countries (My mum's from Malaysia so we visit the family there so often). Ties between us are improving (and economically via Iskandar) and honestly we so many Singaporeans having extended families in Malaysia (Malays included) I believe if anything major happens in the region Singapore and Malaysia would rather band up then go against them separately least that's what I hope for.

Malaysia Boleh :D

Actually without Malaysia's support we would have no where near the success we have, Malaysia has been very kind in providing cheap food and water to us and sometimes I our politicians can be quite arrogant in dealing with matters across the border which I find unsettling.

I'm quite glad Malays and Chinese get along so well in the region as compared to other countries (My mum's from Malaysia so we visit the family there so often). Ties between us are improving (and economically via Iskandar) and honestly we so many Singaporeans having extended families in Malaysia (Malays included) I believe if anything major happens in the region Singapore and Malaysia would rather band up then go against them separately least that's what I hope for.

Malaysia Boleh :D

Alot of Malaysians still think that we got screwed over in the water deal though :P

But nah, jokes aside, I remember one minister saying that water is a God's blessing, it should be shared. Hence the cheap prices lol.

I'm glad that ties between Malaysia and Singapore are good, that we can cross over borders with no issue. We could have easily ended up like India-Pakistan judging by how we broke up, but thank God sense and maturity has prevailed, and infact I'm pretty sure besides political quarrels aside between the PAP and UMNO at that time, the local people had nothing against each other.

Infact if i were to be honest, Lee Kuan Yew actually had some good points when on his last speech to the Malaysia parliment, he said he wanted to be Malaysian first, above anything else, not Malay, Chinese, Indian or whatever.

Anyway past is past, if we work together, potential for the Malaysia-Singapore economy prosperity is limitless.

Majulah Singapore :D

I do not think ASEAN are really interested in risking a fight with China. It is not in their practical interests. Too much is at stake for them to tolerate a big devastation on their land and their economy. Sorry to disappoint you India and Vietnam. ^^
DO I need to say again and again ??We don't need Singapore, Malaysia fight against CHina, all we need from them is just stay Neutral . Don't support CHina and stab our back like Pol Pot, that's all.

btw: Singapore and Malaysia army may not able to fight in mordern warfare combat, they haven't got any war for so long time , so we don't want them to waste their life for Nothing .

Malaysia and Indonesia consider VietNam as a buffer zone with CHina, that why, they stayed neutral when we beat Pol Pot and Thailand. Singapore should stay neutral also.

ANy way, Singapore is just too small , pls be friendly with VN. USA will not stay in ASEAN any more if VN navy is strong enough to protect the whole SCS(east sea) .It seems that USA is handing over her power in ASEAN to VN and withdraw to save she military budget.

Malaysia and Indonesia consider VietNam as a buffer zone with CHina, that why, they stayed neutral when we beat Pol Pot and Thailand. Singapore should stay neutral also.

ANy way, Singapore is just too small , pls be friendly with VN. USA will not stay in ASEAN any more if VN navy is strong enough to protect the whole SCS(east sea) .It seems that USA is handing over her power in ASEAN to VN and withdraw to save she military budget.

Japan's probably your best bet. Don't they have a similar dispute with China?

btw: Singapore and Malaysia army may not able to fight in mordern warfare combat, they haven't got any war for so long time , so we don't want them to waste their life for Nothing .

tumblr_ln3ds1wsD61qznt9o.gif

Japan's probably your best bet. Don't they have a similar dispute with China?
Japan ??oh no Russia is our Best bet, Japan is small country and depend on US's protection . But we're very good partner , Japan need free navigation in SCS(east sea) also and she willing to support VN to keep free route.

Japan also have disputed island with CHina, but not in SCS(east sea), but I think with US'ssupport, Japan is strong enough to protect those island.

hehe, you know, if VN or China jam your radar and use ballistic missile to shoot you, you may surrender in 1 week, bcz you have No thing to fight back. Don't forget we have CBU-55, that can flatten a city in few minutes :)

btw: we won't fight against any ASEAN countries if they make no harm to VN like Pol Pot.

You don't need to keep repeating that I already said we will mate.

Have you experience any military training? I only ask because you seem very keen on bloodthirsty intentions.

Btw US has a naval base in Singapore large enough to accommodate an aircraft carrier, we are a strategic link in the region for logistics and they will not give that up. Even if they do Singapore government will take it back so I am not sure what you talking about with US handing power to VN

Also what military equipment does VN manufacture? I tried to find the information but its not coming up.

Japan ??oh no Russia is our Best bet, Japan is small country and depend on US's protection . But we're very good partner , Japan need free navigation in SCS(east sea) also and she willing to support VN to keep free route.

Japan also have disputed island with CHina, but not in SCS(east sea), but I think with US'ssupport, Japan is strong enough to protect those island.

Best to take a slice of cake from everyone I think. It gives you a few reliable friends (with their own vested interests of course) and allows you guys to maintain an independent foriegn policy.

It's a win win.

Have you experience any military training? I only ask because you seem very keen on bloodthirsty intentions.

Btw US has a naval base in Singapore large enough to accommodate an aircraft carrier, we are a strategic link in the region for logistics and they will not give that up. Even if they do Singapore government will take it back so I am not sure what you talking about with US handing power to VN

Also what military equipment does VN manufacture? I tried to find the information but its not coming up.
1. Every man in VN have to have military training even when you study in university :).

2. When we strong enough to protect the whole SCS(east sea), it's so uncomfortable for us to see US navy roaming around, so we must request her to Leave , and I think she will leave bcz is't pointless to fight against VN just for having the military clout and influence in ASEAN.

3. We normaly buy wepon on Credit from Russia, we send men to study weapon tech in Russia military school , we can buy many kind of USSR weapons, bcz we're her ally. But we have license to manufacture Yakhont, Monliya warship, ballistic missile scud-D. we can overhaul some US's weapon that left after war V-100 , UH-1 and we have some CBU -55 also.

This shows your level of understanding in military subjects. Playing Fail of Duty too much?

1. Every man in VN have to have military training even when you study in university :).

I think military training for men over the age of 18 is mandatory in Singapore too.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

This shows your level of understanding in military subjects. Playing Fail of Duty too much?

Pssh! Yeah, everyone knows Battlefield's more realistic! :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom